WIRELESS CHARGING ADD-ON CASE
So ... I ordered two of the WIRELESS CHARGING ADD-ON CASE, one for my original PinePhone and one for my Pro.

My "Qi" compliant charging base has an indicator light that tells me something has successfully engaged the field, both of the charging cases will light the light, and I can measure 5VDC on a couple of the pins of the "flexible fanout" (that's what we call the Kapton with traces in the aerospace industry), however neither of the phones will charge.

Am I doing something wrong?  My concern is that the flexible fanout is not indexed, not held down, it just sort of flops around in the breeze and may not be engaging the pogo pins correctly.

Is anybody else seeing anything like this?
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
(04-22-2022, 10:47 AM)Fred Zyphal Wrote: So ... I ordered two of the WIRELESS CHARGING ADD-ON CASE, one for my original PinePhone and one for my Pro.

My "Qi" compliant charging base has an indicator light that tells me something has successfully engaged the field, both of the charging cases will light the light, and I can measure 5VDC on a couple of the pins of the "flexible fanout" (that's what we call the Kapton with traces in the aerospace industry), however neither of the phones will charge.

Am I doing something wrong?  My concern is that the flexible fanout is not indexed, not held down, it just sort of flops around in the breeze and may not be engaging the pogo pins correctly.

Is anybody else seeing anything like this?

Ok, never mind ... I noticed that there was a bit of sticky stuff on the back side of the flexible fanout, I aligned it with the six holes for the pogo pins as best I could, pressed it down hard, and now it's working.
I've been searching for any info. about this, but can't find anything ... I ordered two of the wireless charging cases, and after sorting out the floating FFO issue, I find that both of them work fine on the original PinePhone, but neither of them will work with the Pro running Manjaro Beta 11 Plasma. The charging base indicates that the field has been engaged properly, but the phone never charges.

Has anyone else noticed this?
i do not have pp pro and wireless charging.

this might interest you, https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...e+pogo+pro.

problem could be pogo pins. i just go on electronics speculation, bad connection on pogo pins may result low current, but still getting voltage and signals. of course low current leads to no or poor charging.
(04-25-2022, 03:52 AM)zetabeta Wrote: i do not have pp pro and wireless charging.

this might interest you, https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...e+pogo+pro.

problem could be pogo pins. i just go on electronics speculation, bad connection on pogo pins may result low current, but still getting voltage and signals. of course low current leads to no or poor charging.

Thanks, I went to some trouble (bore-scope camera and an old trick involving a tiny drop of ink) to make sure my pins align with the pads, because the FFO was floating free when they (I bought two) got here.  I have high confidence that the pins are engaging the pads properly, and I cleaned them with a clean room swap and 99% isopropyl alcohol ... I think I'm making contact, but the Pro doesn't know what to do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charging the phone while it is off orbital 1 1,143 07-05-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Mobile case wanted - with wireless charging! thorensjubilee 4 2,745 03-19-2022, 10:29 AM
Last Post: vap0rtranz
Photo Makeshift Pinephone Case kmsgli 0 933 02-27-2022, 09:24 PM
Last Post: kmsgli
  Selling PinePhone Pro (PPP) with Keyboard Case. almost unused !! ZX Spectrum 3 2,640 02-24-2022, 08:12 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Pinephone on Cricket Wireless (USA) no service acm006 44 39,254 02-20-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  USA - Faith Wireless a virtual AT&T provider just kicked my PinePhone off... mikehenson 1 1,310 02-07-2022, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  docking bar limits charging rate? nelstomlinson 5 4,041 08-11-2021, 11:13 AM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  battery and charging submariner 4 3,965 03-01-2021, 12:16 PM
Last Post: theD0ctor
  Plasma Mobile CE Pinephone - battery not fully charging PineSupporter 11 10,412 02-09-2021, 11:20 AM
Last Post: PineSupporter
  Hot when charging ADGW 16 14,546 01-10-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: dsimic