This is the ANSI layout
[Image: dIwgtMS.png]
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

How hard would it be to remap the keyboard? I don't think I can get myself to use fn+backspace in place of delete. (still very hyped though Smile )
(11-25-2019, 10:59 AM)Schtromar Wrote: How hard would it be to remap the keyboard? I don't think I can get myself to use fn+backspace in place of delete. (still very hyped though Smile )

You get used to it faster than you expect to. I daily drove a chromebook for 3 years or so and I reach for caps+backspace on other keyboards all the time now.
Honestly i ordered another PinebookPro with ANSI Layout because i couldn't live with having every single computer with ANSI/US and then fucking up multiple times with the ISO/UK on my current Pinebook Pro. Since there is no backlit keyboard, i rely heavily on touch typing...
Hello FBI,
I am not an actual hacker.
(11-25-2019, 10:59 AM)Schtromar Wrote: How hard would it be to remap the keyboard? I don't think I can get myself to use fn+backspace in place of delete. (still very hyped though Smile )

So far my biggest problem (with the ISO one) was that I kept turning the thing off by pressing the key above backspace to delete stuff. For now I have solved this by disabling the power button in my desktop environment and that's enough that the Fn+Backspace muscle memory starts to form.

AFAIK the power key is handled specially in the hardware which means I think it can be remapped by hacking the devicetree rather than by altering the xkb database... however at this stage I haven't actually tried either approach.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
This is exciting Smile The ISO keyboard is awesome but I wouldn't mind getting all of my personal machines with ANSI.

Is there a guestimate for spare parts of the PBP for next year?
(11-26-2019, 05:31 AM)PakoSt Wrote: This is exciting Smile The ISO keyboard is awesome but I wouldn't mind getting all of my personal machines with ANSI.

The demand for the PBP is still very high (as I previously stated, each spare part = 1 PBP less), but I think that I'll suggest to TL to shave off ~100 from the next batch and have some spare parts that can be stocked.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thanks for the reply @Luke ! Fingers crossed the PBP to get even more popular!
I ordered one will get it with the ISO (which I like but the UK keyboard is new for me) Ordered some stickers for the letters. the one that does not stay with me goes to younger relatives. Really enjoying this machine.
(11-26-2019, 08:21 AM)Luke Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 05:31 AM)PakoSt Wrote: This is exciting Smile The ISO keyboard is awesome but I wouldn't mind getting all of my personal machines with ANSI.

The demand for the PBP is still very high (as I previously stated, each spare part = 1 PBP less), but I think that I'll suggest to TL to shave off ~100 from the next batch and have some spare parts that can be stocked.

nice to hear that ...hopefully its not going to break the bank replacing it otherwise we buyers will look retarded Blush 
even better an option for a low powered backlit keyboard Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 227 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Pinebook Pro ANSI for Sale crazychaz 2 1,385 12-14-2022, 04:48 PM
Last Post: crazychaz
Rainbow US Ansi Pinebook Pro for Sale loblolly 2 1,502 10-17-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: letharicker
  WTB Pinebook Pro ANSI/ISO kreyren 0 668 08-21-2022, 01:41 AM
Last Post: kreyren
Star Pinebook Pro US ANSI for SALE 1Elster47 1 1,094 08-21-2022, 01:19 AM
Last Post: kreyren
  Motherboard layout information Perl6_user 2 1,645 07-02-2022, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Perl6_user
  ANSI Pinebook Pro For Sale sir_mud 1 1,341 06-09-2022, 08:11 AM
Last Post: gilwood
  For Sale: Pinebook Pro 64gb ANSI with NVMe Adapter Lumat 2 1,990 04-24-2022, 01:42 AM
Last Post: kylexd
  Pinebook Pro (ANSI) with NVME 1TB (660p) for sale Fish 5 3,931 01-26-2022, 08:49 AM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Selling PineBook PRO with ANSI Keyboard + NVME woodeen 3 3,038 11-30-2021, 06:38 PM
Last Post: luca22