Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro
(01-19-2020, 11:28 AM)amiraeva Wrote: Long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyone get hardware accelerated mpv/ffmpeg/$VIDEO_PLAYER working on Manjaro? I've compiled the rockchip mpp drivers from github, and enabled rkmpp in an ffmpeg build - but I end up with seg faults from the mpp driver when trying to play any video with --hwdec=rkmpp in mpv. I can grab the specific error messages later when I have time. Could it be that the rockchip mpp drivers don't like panfrost/mesa-git that I have enabled?

With hardware accelerated video I can happily replace my Thinkpad with the PBP as my daily driver.

I haven't tried that yet but I noticed that VLC player had better performance than the media players that come preinstalled.
How do you raise the max CPU frequency? On Debian and Ubuntu it's all the way up at 1.99GHz on Manjaro it maxes at 1.416. Is there a reason for this?
Are you sure you are looking at the big cores as well? Some tools are reporting only the small cores that max at 1.4Ghz, while leaving the A72 ones running at ~1.9Ghz out of the presented numbers.

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!
(01-22-2020, 06:17 PM)PakoSt Wrote: Are you sure you are looking at the big cores as well? Some tools are reporting  only the small cores that max at 1.4Ghz, while leaving the A72 ones running at ~1.9Ghz out of the presented numbers.

Is there a recommended way to do this?
cpupower shows all six cores when I use the monitor command, but only 4 when I request frequency-info.
I'm currently using Manjaro from an SD card but I would like to move it to the emmc.

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer it without losing my documents and software?

Or I would have to start fresh? Something that can be problematic is that my SD is 128 gb and my emmc is 64 gb however I'm only using like 20 gb or less on the SD.

I'll appreciate any advise you can give me, I don't have much experience using linux.
You could always make a backup of your Manjaro SD, burn the emmc-installer image to it, restore the backup to the SD, boot from emmc then insert the SD, and copy over all your user files from the new install. If you've added packages, you'd probably need to go through and reinstall those.

There's another way I had to  figure out years ago on the PB1080, I'll see if I can dig it up. Nevermind, I found it, but it concerned not having enough space on an SD to decompress an image to dd.

To safely copy your install, you'll want to boot into another Linux SD install, use an adapter to mount your current SD install, and then dd that over to the emmc. You don't want to do it from within your current install. There's a huge risk of data loss/corruption.
(01-23-2020, 09:22 AM)tophneal Wrote: You could always make a backup of your Manjaro SD, burn the emmc-installer image to it, restore the backup to the SD, boot from emmc then insert the SD, and copy over all your user files from the new install. If you've added packages, you'd probably need to go through and reinstall those.

There's another way I had to  figure out years ago on the PB1080, I'll see if I can dig it up. Nevermind, I found it, but it concerned not having enough space on an SD to decompress an image to dd.

To safely copy your install, you'll want to boot into another Linux SD install, use an adapter to mount your current SD install, and then dd that over to the emmc. You don't want to do it from within your current install. There's a huge risk of data loss/corruption.

Thank you!

I'll make a back up of my SD. I'll take this as an opportunity to try Manjaro xfce and see how it compares to plasma.
You can build with a small xtra sd a emmc install image. Install manjaro on the emmc. After the install you can copy from the old sd image to tge new emmc image.

Grtz Ron Cromberge.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Anyone else have issues with the microphone? I don't seem to get any input.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 7 1,030 03-31-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 290 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,605 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,760 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 335 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 2,150 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 2,232 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 88,828 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 413 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 1,246 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX