Special mid-month update - shipping status of PBP ; PT and PP
Thanks for the mid-month update! I've been lurking for quite awhile.

I pre-ordered the librem5 back in 2017.... I've kind of abandoned that ship.... They're definitely not as open as you but I'm still waiting for the phone. I'm just not getting my hopes up (I picked the Q2 2020 batch).

I am, however, checking here almost daily so I can give you guys my money. I want a pinetab, phone, and watch.
(10-17-2019, 06:39 PM)FutureBucket Wrote: Thanks for the mid-month update! I've been lurking for quite awhile.

I pre-ordered the librem5 back in 2017.... I've kind of abandoned that ship.... They're definitely not as open as you but I'm still waiting for the phone. I'm just not getting my hopes up (I picked the Q2 2020 batch).

I am, however, checking here almost daily so I can give you guys my money. I want a pinetab, phone, and watch.

Hey,

About being open: I see no other way for PINE64. In a sense this is more of a typical open-source project than a 'company', and most of it is community ran. To this end, there is no traditional divide between the device vendor and the community. You want to write for the blog or even edit the front page? - ping me. Want to edit the wiki - you can do so already ... any part or it too, just use the forum creds. Want to see something in the next products we announce? - you can talk to me and TL any day of the week (pretty much) in the chats. Doesn't take much to convince us to do X or Y if its sound. The PinePhone is a prime example of this - it was built from the ground up with devs and community input. 

As for the Librem5: Looks like they have a very interesting device on their hands. I wholeheartedly hope they'll succeed in achieving their goals with - the more Linux phones on the market the better for everyone. There is place for both devices ... and many more to come I hope.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

SOoo, a"week or two heads up" ?
eg : "xx/xx/2019 at midnight CET" ???

Ladies & Gentlemen, Start your Browsers
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-15-2019, 10:09 AM)Luke Wrote: Mid-month update (shipping & project progress information catch-up)

Pinebook Pro

Shipping of the first Pinebook Pros batch was completed today, so its all in DHL's hands now.

This is not correct. I had a lengthy email exchange with the pine sales team (I'm glad emails are of no cost otherwise I would be bankrupt). This is a concatenation from various of their emails:

We are very sorry that you still have not received Pinebook Pro as the stock release from factory was limited, however, we are please to infom you that your order was still under the first batch of 100 units [...].  please to inform you that your Order will be estimate to be dispatch at around end of October or early of November.

Apparently, my batch 1 Pinebook Pro will be shipped at the same time as batch 2 Pinebook Pros making me wonder why I was getting up at 4:00am in the night of the pre-orders  Confused
(10-17-2019, 11:14 PM)Der Geist der Maschine Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 10:09 AM)Luke Wrote: Mid-month update (shipping & project progress information catch-up)

Pinebook Pro

Shipping of the first Pinebook Pros batch was completed today, so its all in DHL's hands now.

This is not correct. I had a lengthy email exchange with the pine sales team (I'm glad emails are of no cost otherwise I would be bankrupt). This is a concatenation from various of their emails:

We are very sorry that you still have not received Pinebook Pro as the stock release from factory was limited, however, we are please to infom you that your order was still under the first batch of 100 units [...].  please to inform you that your Order will be estimate to be dispatch at around end of October or early of November.

Apparently, my batch 1 Pinebook Pro will be shipped at the same time as batch 2 Pinebook Pros making me wonder why I was getting up at 4:00am in the night of the pre-orders  Confused

This is not the information I was provided. PM me details?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I am also in the first batch of Pinebook Pro orders but still not have received any information from DHL.
(10-18-2019, 05:02 AM)ndp Wrote: I am also in the first batch of Pinebook Pro orders but still not have received any information from DHL.

Where are you located?
(10-18-2019, 05:02 AM)ndp Wrote: I am also in the first batch of Pinebook Pro orders but still not have received any information from DHL.

Same here.  Upstate NY, USA.
(10-18-2019, 07:57 AM)rick1959 Wrote:

Where are you located?

I'm in the United Kingdom
(10-17-2019, 07:14 PM)Luke Wrote: Want to see something in the next products we announce? - you can talk to me and TL any day of the week (pretty much) in the chats. Doesn't take much to convince us to do X or Y if its sound. The PinePhone is a prime example of this - it was built from the ground up with devs and community input. 

I have a device I've been looking for but haven't been able to find anything good - I'm a Linux Sysadmin who is on call every couple weeks. I've been looking for a device that I can connect to my phone and when I get a text from a specific number it'll vibrate like mad. I'm a deep sleeper and all the smart watches out there do not have a good enough vibration to wake me up. The SO doesn't like it when we're sleeping and I have a turbo loud notification go off for work. she likes her sleep as much as I do. hah.

I also just want a bunch of Linux phones. I'm tired of Google/Apple so anyone who steps up I want to do very well!!

Thank you guys for everything!

Edit: if you have an extra dev phone kickin' around I'll totally buy it off you Tongue When will you take my money!?! LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,407 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,771 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,516 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 165,000 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,877 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,717 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,889 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,837 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad
Information August/ September Pinebook Pro, PineTab and PinePhone shipping thread Luke 256 371,343 10-27-2020, 11:14 AM
  The PinePhone is real and shipping soon! (September blog update) fire219 20 35,662 09-22-2020, 02:41 PM
Last Post: fsflover