Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread
[27/10/2020]
Stay tuned to this thread for up-to-date details regarding the shipping progress of Manjaro CE.
Everything is on track and getting ready for shipment. I should have more details this week.

[30/10/2020]
We're somewhat ahead of schedule as first PinePhones shipped via DHL have already started arriving to their new owners.
Those of you who received DHL shipping notices earlier this week - check the status, your units may have already shipped.

For those of you in the Europe: PinePhones destined for European countries will arrive at the warehouse in Poland soon.
However, end-user delivery times may be affected by COVID19 restrictions - this remains to be seen.

[04/11/2020]
There is a constant and steady shipping stream and no major issues have been encountered so far.
Shipments for Europe are expected to start Thursday - 5 November - and continue over the coming weekend. You should expect to see shipping notifications soon.

[09/11/2020] It has come to our attention that some Manjaro PinePhones have shipped with postmarketOS - please see this thread for details.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I received an email early this morning from Pine stating my Manjaro phone "' has shipped, October 29 '" ... ?

That would be absolutely fantastic, however the current date here is October 27.

While I am very pleased that shipping appears to actually be ahead of schedule, it is confusing that the date used in the email is 2 days in the future ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I got the same notice today, with the same date listed.

It's not uncommon for vendors/merchants/etc to print out shipping labels with orders and instead of giving the date of print, they give the expected shipping date, or the pickup date as planned.

Bear in mind that if you are, for example, in the US, that China is many horus ahead. It's basically 10-28 10AM in Beijing now as I write this, but here in the Eastern US it's 10PM 10-27. So it's likely that these PinePhones will go to the shipping company in about 24 hours.

Looking forward to trying this one. I've grown rather accustomed to Android or iOS phones (and would still like to see a good Android build if there isn't one), but at the same time, I love Linux and think the idea of a phone that I can use and make into a go-anywhere "PC" is awesome. Going to enjoy this.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
OP updated
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hi - I received the PayPal confirmation on September 19th, but nothing else.

(Update: The phone arrived!)
You better contact sales then.

After I made the order, I got an email.

Just to let you know — we've received your order #153363, and it is now being processed:
[Order #153363] (October 8, 2020)
Product
Quantity
PricePINEPHONE - “Community Edition: Manjaro with Convergence Package" Limited Edition Linux SmartPhone
$199.99 Subtotal:
$199.99
Shipping:
$25.00 via PinePhone Courier Shipping Method – 25
Payment method:
PayPal
Total:
$224.99
Trick or Treat?

Got my Manjaro CE Pinephone convergence model today, much earlier than expected. Nice box cover and back cover logo. Question though - it came with Postmarket, not Manjaro as the OS. So, did I get a Postmarket CE edition phone with just a Manjaro cover slapped on it? Or did someone just load the wrong software? I know there is a difference between the two, a removed resistor feeding the display and better thermals. I can remove the resistor if it is a Postmaket Edition phone, but the better thermals i find important. Any way for me to verify which model I actually have?
(10-30-2020, 03:05 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote: Trick or Treat?

Got my Manjaro CE Pinephone convergence model today, much earlier than expected. Nice box cover and back cover logo. Question though - it came with Postmarket, not Manjaro as the OS. So, did I get a Postmarket CE edition phone with just a Manjaro cover slapped on it? Or did someone just load the wrong software? I know there is a difference between the two, a removed resistor feeding the display and better thermals. I can remove the resistor if it is a Postmaket Edition phone, but the better thermals i find important. Any way for me to verify which model I actually have?

Sure you did not order the PostMarket one by accident? I recall there was for a while this month, some leftover PostMarket phones in the store for the EU only.
(10-30-2020, 05:00 PM)KNERD Wrote:

Sure you did not order the PostMarket one by accident? I recall there was for a while this month, some leftover PostMarket phones in the store for the EU only.
Absolutely sure.
(10-30-2020, 06:53 PM)rocket2nfinity Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 05:00 PM)KNERD Wrote:

Absolutely sure.

I guess contact sales and support on that,. Seems not too much support on issues happens in here

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,066 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 87,962 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,660 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,163 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,230 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,545 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 5,979 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,035 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,873 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  December Community News Discussion Luke 2 7,433 01-19-2021, 04:48 PM