August/ September Pinebook Pro, PineTab and PinePhone shipping thread
Information 
General shipping information
[24 August] Shipping of all devices is about to start. I'll make sure to keep you up-to-date on the shipping progress in the coming weeks.
I have a kind request to all of you waiting for your gear; please be patient and don't email support/ info to find out when your device will ship - ask in this thread instead. If support and sales drown in emails, then people who are facing actual shipping/ import problems will have to wait longer to get their queries answered.
Thank you!
[5 September] I posted some pictures of the PineTab, Pinebook Pro ISO and PinePhone (Europe) shipments on our Twitter. These are just crates ... so, perhaps not super exciting, but if you want to check them out then click here.

Pinebook Pro (with Manjaro KDE)
[24 August] The first round of ANSI Pinebook Pros will begin shipping tomorrow, August 25. The ISO units may ship as early as August 28 (Friday) or as late as next week (31 Aug.- 5 Sep.). Once the units get picked up it will take some time for them to actually leave Hong Kong. Once they depart Hong Kong - depending on where you are in the world and how / if DHL handles import tax in your country, shipping will take between 5-10 days.
[28 August] Some of your should have already gotten your ANSI Pinebook Pro shipping notification, and indeed some should already have received their units. Expect more notifications over the weekend and start of the week. As of today, everything is on schedule and going smoothly. Expect next update on early next week.
[3 September] More Pinebook Pros - including most if not all ISO units - will be on their way soon. DHL shipping notices should be going out by end of this week.
[5 September] ISO Pinebook Pros are awaiting DHL pickup
[6 September] Pinebook Pros are now shipping. If you haven't received your notification yet, then you can expect it within 48hrs.
[21 September] Pinebook Pros keep will keep on going out in smaller batches until they sell out completely. Currently only the ANSI units remain in stock.
For more details related to Pine Store PBP stock please see this month's Community Update.

PinePhone (postmarketOS CE)
[24 August] Both regular and express PinePhones pmOS CE shipments are scheduled to start shipping tomorrow, 25 August. Following our problems with shipping the UBports batch, we're now using a different 'standard shipping' service. Since we haven't used this service previously means that I cannot give you an estimate how long the parcel will take to reach you. However, my guess is that shipping ought to take 14-25 days, depending on your geographical location and other factors.
For those of you in the Europe, please be aware that we're trying out a completely new shipping/ distribution process in this territory - I'll keep you updated on how it goes once it starts.
DHL shipments, once they leave Hong Kong - which may take a couple of days - should arrive within 5-10 days regardless of your geographic location (depending on import procedures and customs in general).  
[28 August] The pmOS CE PinePhones have left for our Hong Kong warehouse on the 26th and are now awaiting DHL and Standard shipping pick-ups. I expect that people should start receiving their shipping notifications over the weekend. Everything is on schedule and going well so far. Expect next update early next week.
[31 August] Some of you should have already received your DHL shipping notifications - more are coming in the next few days.
I suspect that redistribution from the EU warehouse will start at the beginning of next week.
[3 September] Since many of you ask about shipments European shipments - PinePhones destined for European countries ought to start shipping next week. The reason why I write this a bit tentatively is that the sorting process at the EU warehouse is new and not performed by Pine Store's shipping team. Regardless, I suspect most EU end-users will have their phones, or at least shipping notifications, end of next week.
[5 September] PinePhones destined for European countries are awaiting DHL pickup
[11 September] PinePhones destined for European countries have arrived at the EU warehouse; redistribution will start on Monday, September 14. Those of you in Europe should get a shipping notification early next week.
[15 September] PinePhones from the EU warehouse have started shipping yesterday, September 14. Expect shipping notifications in the next 72 hours.

PineTab (with UBports Ubuntu Touch)
[24 August] PineTabs ought to begin shipping this Friday, August 28, but this date may be pushed to the following week (31 Aug. - 5 Sep.). DHL parcels with the PineTabs, once they leave Hong Kong (which may take a couple of days - depending on on-the-ground circumstances), usually arrive within 5-10 days regardless of  geographic location. That said, customs and DHL function differently from one country to another so the process may take longer depending on local import procedures.
[31 August] PineTab shipment process will start Wednesday or Thursday. Once shipping commences I'll update this thread with a confirmation.
[3 September] Shipping of PineTabs is taking place at the end of this week. Thank you for your patience; we had to bundle the PineTab shipments with Pinebook Pros - which are also shipping now - for strategic reasons.
[5 September] PineTabs are awaiting DHL pickup
[6 September] DHL PineTab shipment is in the process of going out. If you haven't received your shipping notification yet, then you can expect it within 48hrs.
Regular shipment of PineTabs (non-DHL) is scheduled for later this week. I'll let you know when it happens.
[21 September] Remaining PineTab's going out via regular shipping departed on September 17th; today's update is quite overdue, for this I apologize.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Convergence hype is real!
I'm excited to see how EU distribution will unfold. What is the overall plan for it?

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!
About this European distribution thing for the Pinephone. I was contacted by "Pinebook team" a couple of days ago telling me that my shipping address is located in a remote area. According to them, shipping with DHL Express to my location would cost $55 in total. Needless to say I'm quite disappointed and felt like I should mention it here, since talking with "Pinebook team" didn't prove useful.
The PineTab customers will likely be a bit disappointed, I thought they said on the 'Shipping' page that all three devices would start shipping on the 25th ?

But that made me wonder if the sudden appearance of thousands of packages on one day could possibly overwhelm the shipper(s) ?

>  I was absolutely blown away when I got my Pinebook Pro,
  DHL received it at 6am in Hong Kong one day, and the following day at 4pm it was at my front door.. In
                  Rural  Tucson, Arizona, USA. !
             BUT, that was before the Covid ordeal....

While I am very, very Anxious to get my Community Edition phone,
I do hope the Pine64 workers are safe while doing their jobs.
(08-24-2020, 07:51 PM)bcnaz Wrote: The PineTab customers will likely be a bit disappointed, I thought they said on the 'Shipping' page that all three devices would start shipping on the 25th ?

But that made me wonder if the sudden appearance of thousands of packages on one day could possibly overwhelm the shipper(s) ?

>  I was absolutely blown away when I got my Pinebook Pro,
  DHL received it at 6am in Hong Kong one day, and the following day at 4pm it was at my front door.. In
                  Rural  Tucson, Arizona, USA. !
             BUT, that was before the Covid ordeal....

While I am very, very Anxious to get my Community Edition phone,
I do hope the Pine64 workers are safe while doing their jobs.
Well, for the PineTab we waited this long, so what is a few more weeks? You know, captive market and all.
Reply :
According to Luke, between August 28 and September 5
And it is most likely for a good reason

-------------

With just a little LUCK I will be getting a text from DHL in a few hours !
(08-24-2020, 03:54 PM)Riksu9000 Wrote: About this European distribution thing for the Pinephone. I was contacted by "Pinebook team" a couple of days ago telling me that my shipping address is located in a remote area. According to them, shipping with DHL Express to my location would cost $55 in total. Needless to say I'm quite disappointed and felt like I should mention it here, since talking with "Pinebook team" didn't prove useful.

I just want to mention that I had the same DHL "remote area" issue with my PineTab order, that the support team brought to my attention, and it was resolved within two days.

They emailed me about it, I replied with three alternative addresses to try to avoid the extra charge, they confirmed all three alternative addresses were not considered "remote", I then confirmed the preferred address, and they updated it for me so I didn't get charged. 

The longest part was the replies due to the timezone difference.

I'm sorry you didn't have as good of an experience. I do wish this was something that I could have worked out before placing the order, as it got be nervous that my PineTab was going to cost 50% more because of the "remote area" charge. All the best.
@PakoSt all phones destined for Europe using regular shipping will arrive at the EU warehouse at some point soon (don't have the exact insight). There they'll be processed and shipped out to their final destinations.

@Riksu9000 The European redistribution center is only used for PinePhones at this time; we're basically testing the concept. Pinebook Pros will, for the time being, only use DHL which is a different shipping method altogether. All Pinebook Pros ships directly from Hong Kong.
As for the 'remote location fee' - this isn't something we determine, so if I were you I'd ask DHL about their reasoning.

@bcnaz Can't speak for the shipping team - since I don't know the ins-and-outs of the on-the-ground operation - but I believe that they figured out the best way possible to ship everything within the original time-frame. The shipping situation is still very difficult (no, not writing this as an excuse, just to let you know) since HK-China border is still very much shut-down.

For posterity, this is the current shipping process we need to adhere to: gear gets packaged AND labeled at factory in mainland China -> loaded directly onto truck heading for Hong Kong (driver has special Visa permitting short term entry) -> all gear unloaded at warehouse in Hong Kong and immediately picked up for shipping by postal and courier services. Its a strict process with zero margin for error.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hi,

I ordered my PinePhone with Convergence Package on 15th July and I got a payment confirmation from PayPal.
But I never got any confirmation from PINE64.
Now I'm starting to worry if something went wrong.

Do you usually get order confirmation mails?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab-V and PineTab 2 Launch - here's what you need to know Luke 8 2,827 07-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 87,939 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,242 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,100 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,660 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,162 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,226 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,537 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 5,978 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,023 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM