Any word about Android builds?
I'm curious if anyone's aware of any specific intentions to bring an Android build to the Pinebook Pro? Would love on to keep on an SD card and use during traveling.
(07-25-2019, 09:53 AM)tophneal Wrote: I'm curious if anyone's aware of any specific intentions to bring an Android build to the Pinebook Pro? Would love on to keep on an SD card and use during traveling.

The July update described the operating systems that are expected when the 'pro ships. Android 9 is on the list... but wasn't looked at in much detail because, without touch, Android will be a bit compromised.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
(07-25-2019, 10:10 AM)danielt Wrote: The July update described the operating systems that are expected when the 'pro ships. Android 9 is on the list...

I saw that, and it is what got me wondering about it. Since I don't have a Rock64Pro and tend to stay out of that subforum, I wasn't sure if any of our community developers expressed an interest or started working on anything.

I don't have
There really is interest in Android? Yes, there is a build. Ok I'll find out more for you ...
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

The stock ROCKPro64 Android 9 build can work on Pinebook Pro. However, NVMe feature not yet supported.
Thanks @Luke and @tllim for your replies.

No need to dig anything up, @Luke. Are Android images for the Rock64Pro likely to work on the PBPs? Are the similar enough in hardware, or are the additional components of the PBP likely to cause issues?

I noticed ayufan's Chromium OS should be fit for the PBP, so that's an enticing option, too.
(07-30-2019, 11:18 AM)tophneal Wrote: Thanks @Luke and @tllim for your replies.

No need to dig anything up, @Luke. Are Android images for the Rock64Pro likely to work on the PBPs? Are the similar enough in hardware, or are the additional components of the PBP likely to cause issues?

I noticed ayufan's Chromium OS should be fit for the PBP, so that's an enticing option, too.

the new PBP Android build will works with PBP and also ROCKPro64, already tested :-)
(08-15-2019, 06:23 PM)tllim Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 11:18 AM)tophneal Wrote: Thanks @Luke and @tllim for your replies.

the new PBP Android build will works with PBP and also ROCKPro64, already tested :-)

Awesome, thanks for confirming @tllim!
I just ordered my PineBook pro today. I'm looking forward to running Android on it too. I can always run Linux in a chroot on Android for the Linux apps I want to run.
Working as a Film Electric and I have been using Linux since around 2002. 
Like to play with Python and Jupyter Lab/Notebooks when not going to the park with my baby girl.
Is it possible to install Android together with Linux and other OS? For example, Android and ChromeOS on eMMC, Linux on NVMe?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google on Android? KC9UDX 21 28,514 03-17-2023, 11:35 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  No Android build working! pin 60 83,409 07-03-2021, 06:08 PM
Last Post: justiceankomah
  MD5 On Android jaysistar 0 2,658 03-14-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: jaysistar
  Arguments for android support metcalsr 20 30,556 02-08-2020, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Idaho
Exclamation All android buillds on wiki for Microsd missing GPT? TDC_PBP 14 20,664 01-31-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Flashing Updated U-Boot on Android tophneal 6 10,275 01-16-2020, 06:05 AM
Last Post: tophneal