PINE64
Any word about Android builds? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: Android on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Thread: Any word about Android builds? (/showthread.php?tid=7748)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Any word about Android builds? - tophneal - 07-25-2019

I'm curious if anyone's aware of any specific intentions to bring an Android build to the Pinebook Pro? Would love on to keep on an SD card and use during traveling.

RE: Any word about Android builds? - danielt - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 09:53 AM)tophneal Wrote: I'm curious if anyone's aware of any specific intentions to bring an Android build to the Pinebook Pro? Would love on to keep on an SD card and use during traveling.

The July update described the operating systems that are expected when the 'pro ships. Android 9 is on the list... but wasn't looked at in much detail because, without touch, Android will be a bit compromised.

RE: Any word about Android builds? - tophneal - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 10:10 AM)danielt Wrote: The July update described the operating systems that are expected when the 'pro ships. Android 9 is on the list...

I saw that, and it is what got me wondering about it. Since I don't have a Rock64Pro and tend to stay out of that subforum, I wasn't sure if any of our community developers expressed an interest or started working on anything.

I don't have

RE: Any word about Android builds? - Luke - 07-25-2019

There really is interest in Android? Yes, there is a build. Ok I'll find out more for you ...

RE: Any word about Android builds? - tllim - 07-27-2019

The stock ROCKPro64 Android 9 build can work on Pinebook Pro. However, NVMe feature not yet supported.

RE: Any word about Android builds? - tophneal - 07-30-2019

Thanks @Luke and @tllim for your replies.

No need to dig anything up, @Luke. Are Android images for the Rock64Pro likely to work on the PBPs? Are the similar enough in hardware, or are the additional components of the PBP likely to cause issues?

I noticed ayufan's Chromium OS should be fit for the PBP, so that's an enticing option, too.

RE: Any word about Android builds? - tllim - 08-15-2019

(07-30-2019, 11:18 AM)tophneal Wrote: Thanks @Luke and @tllim for your replies.

No need to dig anything up, @Luke. Are Android images for the Rock64Pro likely to work on the PBPs? Are the similar enough in hardware, or are the additional components of the PBP likely to cause issues?

I noticed ayufan's Chromium OS should be fit for the PBP, so that's an enticing option, too.

the new PBP Android build will works with PBP and also ROCKPro64, already tested :-)

RE: Any word about Android builds? - tophneal - 08-16-2019

(08-15-2019, 06:23 PM)tllim Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 11:18 AM)tophneal Wrote: Thanks @Luke and @tllim for your replies.

the new PBP Android build will works with PBP and also ROCKPro64, already tested :-)

Awesome, thanks for confirming @tllim!

RE: Any word about Android builds? - binholz - 08-22-2019

I just ordered my PineBook pro today. I'm looking forward to running Android on it too. I can always run Linux in a chroot on Android for the Linux apps I want to run.

RE: Any word about Android builds? - Wizzard - 09-27-2019

Is it possible to install Android together with Linux and other OS? For example, Android and ChromeOS on eMMC, Linux on NVMe?