Pinebook Pro?
Also interested in the Pinebook Pro like hell!
i use my Pinebook 14" pretty often and it doesn't quite hit the nail on the head for me.

Backlit Keyboard would be awesome!
And an overall better Keyboard experience would be greatly appreciated!
Wouldn't even mind a bit of a higher Price if its a solid product.
Hello FBI,
I am not an actual hacker.
I am so getting both the PineBook Pro and the PineTab due to being low cost and directly supporting FOSS OSes. I few years back I was thinking of getting a low cost tablet but couldn't find one that was an Open Platform  and wasn't a Walled Garden that I could use with for Linux.
I too saw this in my news feed and got super interested right away. I've always wanted to learn Linux besides the short time I installed it when I couldn't install Windows cause the key wasn't usable on my circuit city PC. I could use this daily to mess around with and let my girl have the Chromebook for her internet'ing

And that pine tab? Oh my gee yes! Sounds so much better than the fire tab I am using for comics and it would be cheap to use as a smart home controller. 

#wenpinebook19
I have been lurking the Pine64 forums quite awhile, and was just about to pull the trigger for the Pinebook 14"
when the announcement for the Pinebook Pro came out.

What an upgrade from the Pinebook 14"!

You are the beginning of the ARM laptop/desktop revolution.

How does that feel?

Big Grin
(01-31-2019, 07:39 AM)Wizzard Wrote: [...] Windows 10 would be great, although not possible, I am afraid.

Could've swore they are either working on, or have silently launched a full ARM Windows variant. not sure how you can custom a bootloader for a closed source OS but there's hope for a Windows system.

Wouldn't recommend it personally. Windows is a dying platform.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
[ PHP Developer | Pinebook 1G | About me ]
(01-30-2019, 07:31 PM)_hg_ Wrote: A request: when it is time for production, it would be helpful if Pine64 could provide a clear list of any hardware components that require closed-source drivers or closed-source embedded firmware. I'm very interested in a laptop that is as close to "open" as possible. I understand that it may not be possible to use 100% open components but I'd at least like to know what I'm getting into, without having to do tons of time-consuming research. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Thanks!!!

I was wondering about this too since the announcement says "strictly designed with FOSS".  Does this mean that the goal is to run smoothly with Linux / BSD or do you also strive to minimise the amount of closed-source firmware required?
Joined today after reading the Forbes article... very interested in the Pro when it becomes available. One question... is the RAM soldered onto the board, or can users replace the 4 GB with a larger memory stick?
(02-01-2019, 01:10 PM)AlPineR Wrote: You are the beginning of the ARM laptop/desktop revolution.

Big Grin

I'm not holding my breath waiting for an ARM laptop/desktop revolution. A few years ago, I was a Kickstarter backer for the Remix Android tablet + keyboard. It was "interesting" but ultimately a failure for me, especially after the battery swelled up, with no replacement/warranty support available. There was also a desktop version running Remix OS. As far as I am aware, both ended up in the dustbin of "interesting" computer history. That said, Remix OS is still available for download, and could be an interesting experiment for Android lovers. https://www.fosshub.com/Remix-OS.html 

My wife has a Samsung Chromebook Plus, and while it's a delightful piece of hardware, light and comfortable to hold, with a spectacular screen, performance of the OP1 processor, which is reportedly based on (if not identical to) the Rockchip RK3399, is not its strong point — except in comparison with other ARM processors of the same era. When Samsung came out with the second generation Plus, they switched to Intel.

This probably won't deter me, as I am a sucker for checking out new technology, and $200 is below my pain threshold, but if I buy a Pinebook Pro, it will be to return to the  endless "joys" of Linux tweaking, and not for performance. If the PBP has acceptable performance and especially battery life, I'll be happy.
If the price is good, I'm definitely signing up for a 4GB Pinebook Pro!

[Image: 2sowt0.jpg]
I'd buy a Pinebook Pro!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,912 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 304 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 240 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 231 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 167 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 558 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 623 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,236 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,001 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,154 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt