Power Jumper
Got my board today! 

Got a question though, there is a jumper I don't recall seeing on most other photos for switching between 5v dc and battery power. What is its purpose other than the obvious and why was it needed?

http://imgur.com/a/JfSAU  pics of my board you will see the jumper left of the pinecone logo.
I am wondering the same thing, I need to know how to turn it on without the power button add on some people didn't see to have it. Of course when it gets delivered, just only a few more days Big Grin

TechieManny   Shy

just plug it in, and it will turn on
I dont see it on the schematics either. hopefully someone familiar with the rev b 2g board will chime in. Maybe we could get updated schematics too?
Interested to know too, so I'm camping here.
That doesn't sound good to me. I was planning on connecting the AC adapter and battery at the same time, hoping when the AC goes out it would automatically run on the battery without shutting down. Sounds like that may not be possible.
(03-31-2016, 08:31 PM)psychedup Wrote: That doesn't sound good to me. I was planning on connecting the AC adapter and battery at the same time, hoping when the AC goes out it would automatically run on the battery without shutting down. Sounds like that may not be possible.

Thats what I am thinking as well. Unfortunately it appears the traces for the jumpers run through an intermediate level of the pcb not the top or bottom surface so I cant see what they are connected to etc.
(03-31-2016, 08:31 PM)psychedup Wrote: I was planning on connecting the AC adapter and battery at the same time, hoping when the AC goes out it would automatically run on the battery without shutting down. Sounds like that may not be possible.

Of course this will work. The jumper is about powering USB peripherals either directly from DC-IN or through the PMU: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...06#pid3706

Both settings have its own disadvantages.
(04-01-2016, 12:08 AM)Andrew2 Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 08:31 PM)psychedup Wrote: I was planning on connecting the AC adapter and battery at the same time, hoping when the AC goes out it would automatically run on the battery without shutting down. Sounds like that may not be possible.

Of course this will work. The jumper is about powering USB peripherals either directly from DC-IN or through the PMU: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...06#pid3706

Both settings have its own disadvantages.

Thank you again Andrew. Once again you've got the currently undocumented answer, granted if I had read that thread I would have had it too but since I have zero intrest in putting a HD on either a Pine or a Pi chances are I would never have read it.
Well, I would think if the Pine64 folks would start to improve documentation (a lot needed!) half of the threads in this forum could be avoided and also many users saved from wasting hours trying to get their boards to boot.

Unfortunately they seem not to be interested in improvements in this area. If they would this thread would've been pinned already.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question +LTS/SOPINE USB voltage on power off using LiPo battery GregH 0 2,417 05-06-2020, 11:23 PM
Last Post: GregH
  Battery case and power question Twistedx 2 5,300 12-24-2018, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Power Cord & SD Card Maximum 1 2,915 01-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Ghost
  Can't get power button to work AidenH 17 21,328 08-28-2016, 07:19 AM
Last Post: DonFL
  Wires as power button Nittola 5 7,202 08-19-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777