playbox case ribbon cable too short
Hello dear pine64 community,

I just got my hands on my playbox case and pine64+ 2G with wifi.

Big disappointment that the touchscreen has no linux support which renders the whole thing useless to me. If this 'little detail' had been shared beforehand I would not have ordered this.

Well I figured that I would try to assemble it anyways, so I used the video and pictures as a guide but there is absolutely no way to connect the screen to the board, the ribbon cable is about half as long as the distance between the board and screen connector (see picture below).

Has anyone else encountered this issue ? What are my options to get the correct cable (I'd rather not spend more money on an item that is useless to me) ?

[Image: GNnHPNe.jpg]
I also delayed assembly and I too am missing the longer touch screen connector required for the "white box".
Options anyone? Can someone tell me the optimal length to buy?
Just buy a C4 Labs enclosure, no extensions needed.
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=2429

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
(12-20-2016, 11:42 AM)pinoosh Wrote: Hello dear pine64 community,

Big disappointment that the touchscreen has no linux support which renders the whole thing useless to me. If this 'little detail' had been shared beforehand I would not have ordered this.

Well I figured that I would try to assemble it anyways, so I used the video and pictures as a guide but there is absolutely no way to connect the screen to the board, the ribbon cable is about half as long as the distance between the board and screen connector (see picture below).

Has anyone else encountered this issue ? What are my options to get the correct cable (I'd rather not spend more money on an item that is useless to me) ?

There is a longer flat ribbon cable accompany with Playbox delivery.
(01-16-2017, 02:32 PM)tllim Wrote:

My Playbox didn't have the long cable.
(04-16-2018, 04:15 AM)GaryFunk Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 02:32 PM)tllim Wrote:

My Playbox didn't have the long cable.

All mew playbox (after Kickstarter) comes with long cable by default. If you needs a long cable, please PM me and I will ship one to you.
Sent, received and Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Super Mario case [NOW WITH UPDATED STL-FILE (April 27.)] Tarjei85 37 63,089 07-23-2020, 05:31 AM
Last Post: devendraraju
  Made a case for the Pine64 with Audio DAC installed kodachrome 1 3,866 11-12-2019, 04:52 AM
Last Post: xalius
  Playbox with DAC llungster 0 2,670 04-02-2019, 09:02 AM
Last Post: llungster
  Clear case PIne 64 with VESA100 LIPO , RTC holder, and mini fan holes killor 6 11,336 08-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: killor
  New Pine 64 Screen Case from C4Labs Dustin_C4Labs 11 18,637 07-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Last Post: tllim
Information Giving the Pine a trunk, a Playbox pedestal tommypine 7 9,897 07-16-2017, 01:51 AM
Last Post: selina3
  A case with active cooling for 1Gb pine64 ishwest 5 9,841 06-28-2017, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ishwest
Rainbow (Cluster) Modified Playbox Enclosure Progress predominant 3 5,302 06-17-2017, 01:29 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Lego Case Kiryu 67 86,993 03-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Luke
  playbox and camera jpfaubert 1 3,726 03-07-2017, 12:51 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777