Unknown Startup Password for Newly Delivered PINETAB-V - 10.1" 8GB/128GB
#1
On September 26, 2026, I ordered a Pinetab2 8GB/128GB from the Pine Store. A PINETAB-V was delivered as early as September 30, 2026.

When I turned it on, a GNOME desktop appeared; I didn't have to enter a password or make any other inputs. I was automatically logged in as a user named “user” (uid=1000). This user is a member of the ‘sudo’ group (gid 27), but I cannot execute privileged commands because I do not have the password for “user.” There are no other users with uids greater than 1000.

The hostname is “starfive.” The preinstalled distribution is Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid. The /etc/apt/sources.list file contains only one entry: https://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debi...25T084846Z unstable main

I’ve tried the following passwords: blank, 1234, 12345, 123456, 1234567, 12345678, 123456789, changeme, ChangeMe, debian, pinetab, pinetab2. None of them work.

So far, I haven’t been able to find anything in the wiki. General web searches haven’t turned up anything useful. What have I overlooked? I’m now turning to this forum for help.

Andreas
  Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Default password dissimilar_goose 0 735 08-20-2026, 05:02 AM
Last Post: dissimilar_goose
  Not able to power on PineTab anymore zkajdan 4 6,027 01-12-2025, 10:38 PM
Last Post: vatin
Question Will Pinetab 2 spare parts be available? vatin 6 8,906 12-09-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: tllim
  ?brighter screen replacement for pinetab (>1600 nits) dynobang 0 3,377 09-28-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: dynobang
  [Tutorial] How to overclock Pinetab 2 Darth-Apple 0 4,403 09-25-2023, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  External Reset button on PineTab V? michaelengel 0 2,992 09-18-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: michaelengel
  Pinetab 2 screen no longer coming on Fibonacci 9 13,598 06-30-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Purple_Illusion
  Pinetab completely bricked Saksmito 8 10,570 06-10-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: fxc
  What RISC-V chip will the PineTab-V use? msm 2 4,966 04-05-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: msm
Big Grin Howto: Pinetab Screen Replacements (+ Pictures) RTP 5 12,913 02-10-2022, 08:31 PM
Last Post: barray

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)