The internal speaker stops working
Exclamation 
Hello

The internal speaker no longer works on my Pinephone, even after rebooting. I haven't updated it for several days. I assume that I broke something after trying to use an external speaker through bluetooth. The internal earpiece and the headset still work.

How can I solve my problem, preferably without reinstalling the whole system as I use my phone daily?
(01-15-2024, 02:56 AM)anonymous Wrote: Hello

The internal speaker no longer works on my Pinephone, even after rebooting. I haven't updated it for several days. I assume that I broke something after trying to use an external speaker through bluetooth. The internal earpiece and the headset still work.

How can I solve my problem, preferably without reinstalling the whole system as I use my phone daily?

I'd a similar Problem on Mobian Trixie some weeks ago.

Go to "SETTINGS > AUDIO or SOUND:
Chose the very first Input and set it to "Internal speaker"
Chose the second Input and set it to "Make a phone call"

HTH

Ciao
Walter
(01-15-2024, 05:10 AM)walter1950 Wrote:

I'd a similar Problem on Mobian Trixie some weeks ago.

Go to "SETTINGS > AUDIO or SOUND:
Chose the very first Input and set it to "Internal speaker"
Chose the second Input and set it to "Make a phone call"

HTH

Ciao
Walter

Thank you. I used a similar workaround a while ago when switching to Pipewire but my current problem is different, I still have no sound.

May be I am wrong but I think the only solution is to repair. Buy a new speaker or to check the connection.
I did not that yet although one if my pinephones also has the speaker totally silent.
Have luck.
(01-15-2024, 11:57 AM)Gumur Wrote:

May be I am wrong but I think the only solution is to repair. Buy a new speaker or to check the connection.
I did not that yet although one if my pinephones also has the speaker totally silent.
Have luck.

Actually, there seems to be a error message indicated by dmesg that mentions a problem with bluetooth:
Code:
Bluetooth: hci0: broken local ext features page 2

I would like to determine whether it's an hardware or software problem once for all.

When I test the sound in Gnome settings, the gauge shows some blue rectangles when using the internal speaker.

As a workaround for the alarm, I use the jack plug with an external speaker.
(01-16-2024, 03:08 AM)anonymous Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 11:57 AM)Gumur Wrote:

Have luck.

Actually, there seems to be a error message indicated by dmesg that mentions a problem with bluetooth:
Code:
Bluetooth: hci0: broken local ext features page 2

I would like to determine whether it's an hardware or software problem once for all.

When I test the sound in Gnome settings, the gauge shows some blue rectangles when using the internal speaker.

As a workaround for the alarm, I use the jack plug with an external speaker.

Just use factory test build to check out whether is hardware issue. Here is the link: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_S...test_build
walter1950 mentioned Trixie. Actually, switching from Bookworm to Trixie fixed this bug. Thank you for your help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobile internet via cellular network mostly not working Anna 18 10,277 01-19-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  APN settings not working with new operator SIM card user641 1 1,036 03-01-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Possible Solution for Microphone Not Working Ferriah 0 950 02-13-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Ferriah
  Squeekboard stopped working Zebulon Walton 2 1,189 11-24-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  suspend inhibit no longer working jsch 3 1,990 10-23-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: LibrePhoneUser
  Rescue Your Mobian post Update Aug22 faster fix to working guide biketool 9 4,766 09-05-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: biketool
  How to get Pinetime working with Pinephone arkadione 12 7,331 08-28-2022, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Fish
  Receiving SMS stopped working treebeard 11 5,576 08-12-2022, 10:31 AM
Last Post: treebeard
  PP keyboard not working at all jojuma 3 1,802 08-03-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  Calls 4G not working oliwierzgorniak 1 1,307 07-04-2022, 05:15 AM
Last Post: zetabeta