can I retrieve accidentally deleted voice mail with T mobile ?
Long sad story short:
Ny father passed feb 2023. I had a voice mail he'd left at the end of 2022. I have saved it and resaved it each time i access voicemail and listen to it for months after my dad passsed.  It was a bittersweet fix for missing him.  Then a few weeks ago it wasn't there any more. Ii may have accidentally deleted it, I don't know.  It seems that T-mobile tech support isn't equipped to help me.
Can anyone on the forum tell me exactly where the voicemail may be stored? I know the text messages are stored and are still on the phone in a folder in Purple.  But the voice messages? Dare I hope that they are also somewhere on my phone? 

Thank you for you input.

HLing
(still using Mobian pre-Bookworm)
I can tell you why it's gone: after ninety days (or some other duration), T•Mobile deletes saved messages (else their servers would be overrun with messages that users wont delete). They will not be able to recover it without orders from police, the FBI, or CIA.

You could search for audio files on your phone (back it up immediately!) but it's highly unlikely in my opinion that it would've saved them unless you had some kind of call recorder.

Sorry. And condolences on your loss.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(12-08-2023, 08:37 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: I can tell you why it's gone: after ninety days (or some other duration), T•Mobile deletes saved messages (else their servers would be overrun with messages that users wont delete).  They will not be able to recover it without orders from police, the FBI, or CIA.

You could search for audio files on your phone (back it up immediately!)  but it's highly unlikely in my opinion that it would've saved them unless you had some kind of call recorder.

Sorry.  And condolences on your loss.
@KC9UDX Thank you for your reply.  It seems that my dad's message was kept for almost a year, though, asking a T-mobile tech support just now for how long they actually keep the voice message, they couldn't tell me.  There's a real vacuum of concrete knowledge with them.  I think I just forgot to re-save it this one last time, and that may have done it. 

On a Pine Phone, how would I search for an audio file? and If I had made a back up between now and then, would it be on my pinephone somewhere still? Any suggestion as to the folder to look under?

p.s. what does "[ SRA accepts you ]" mean?
I have no idea, so I shouldn't speculate but I wouldn't expect the PinePhone to keep such audio. I would search the whole system.

"[ SRA accepts you ]" is what NetBSD says upon valid login. To be honest I have no idea what SRA is.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(12-11-2023, 12:17 PM)HLing Wrote: On a Pine Phone, how would I search for an audio file? and If I had made a back up between now and then, would it be on my pinephone somewhere still? Any suggestion as to the folder to look under?

I'm sorry, but AFAIK there is no phone system which automatically makes a copy of a voice mail while you listen to it. It would be something you have to do deliberately. This is how it would work - regardless of the phone OS (PINE Phone, Android, iOS, etc):

To create an audio recording of a voice mail on your phone you would have to use a dialer app which supports recording a phone call - after all, listening to your voice messages is just that - a phone call. You'd have to call your voicemail box, start recording the call on your phone, then start playing the voicemail in question. Once it's finished playing you'd have to stop the recording. Then you would have a copy. If you can't remember doing these steps or if you don't even have a dialer app which is capable of recording a phone call, then there is no copy on your phone.

I'm sorry for your loss and for not having better advice.

Markus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot screen stuck at 'K' because of firmware deleted. poundantisec 9 5,279 08-28-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: fxc
  New Zealand network providers mobile data Linux2thabone 3 3,301 08-05-2023, 06:17 AM
Last Post: SchizoPinePhone225
  US Mobile, via T-Mobile, won't support Pinephone Pro - SOLVED, SIMPLY jovval 10 3,297 07-07-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jovval
  Problems updating KDE Plasma Mobile OS IMSAI8080 6 3,387 06-30-2023, 11:39 PM
Last Post: ionmich
  Current Situation With Setup and Carrier Activation With Tracfone Verizon T-Mobile pinephoneuser22 0 709 05-26-2023, 08:40 PM
Last Post: pinephoneuser22
  Cannot call at several mobile phones Gon 3 1,344 05-04-2023, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Gon
Lightbulb pinephone mobile dock jasmin763 2 1,732 06-06-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: 98cwitr
Question Mobile data suddenly gone epiii2 1 1,348 05-23-2022, 04:57 PM
Last Post: epiii2
  Mobile case wanted - with wireless charging! thorensjubilee 4 2,904 03-19-2022, 10:29 AM
Last Post: vap0rtranz
  mobile data jimbusch1 5 3,645 02-24-2022, 02:41 PM
Last Post: amindfv