PineTab 2 Dead Screen
Hi @Kramey ,

I asked about your ticket, and it was received by Support team, and you should receive reply in following days.
If not, let me know here. Sorry for the waiting, and I hope your problem will be solved soon.

- gamiee
Also known as gamiee
(06-15-2023, 02:40 AM)gamelaster Wrote: Hi @Kramey ,

I asked about your ticket, and it was received by Support team, and you should receive reply in following days.
If not, let me know here. Sorry for the waiting, and I hope your problem will be solved soon.

- gamiee

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.
Ken Ramey
Pinebook Pro/PineTab 2
@gamelaster Sorry to bother you but you asked me to let you know in a few days if I had not gotten a response to my ticket. It has now been 20 days since I submitted the ticket and there has been no action on it. I have also not received any communications about the issue.

Still patiently waiting.
Ken Ramey
Pinebook Pro/PineTab 2
(06-09-2023, 11:41 AM)My screen also went dead after a short time of use.  Keyboard lites come on. Wrote: I received my PineTab 2 a few days ago and tried to boot it up. Nothing on the screen and no sound but I did see the backlight on the keyboard come on a few seconds after turning on power. Tried booting from freshly burned SD card with the same results.

Finally connected the PineTab to my laptop using the debug adapter it came with and was able to see that it actually had booted up. I could log in through a terminal app and poke around the file system. But the screen stayed dark and there was no sound.

I've submitted a ticket on the problem but it's been three days and no response.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Were you able to resolve them?

Thanks.

Ken Ramey

[quote pid="117946" dateline="1686332469"]
I received my PineTab 2 a few days ago and tried to boot it up. Nothing on the screen and no sound but I did see the backlight on the keyboard come on a few seconds after turning on power. Tried booting from freshly burned SD card with the same results.

Finally connected the PineTab to my laptop using the debug adapter it came with and was able to see that it actually had booted up. I could log in through a terminal app and poke around the file system. But the screen stayed dark and there was no sound.

I've submitted a ticket on the problem but it's been three days and no response.

Thanks.

Ken Ramey
[/quote]

I received my PineTab 2 a few days ago and tried to boot it up. Nothing on the screen and no sound but I did see the backlight on the keyboard come on a few seconds after turning on power. Tried booting from freshly burned SD card with the same results.

Thanks.

Ken Ramey
[/quote]

Thanks.

Ken Ramey
[/quote]

Thanks.

Ken Ramey
[/quote]

Thanks.

Ken Ramey
[/quote]

Thanks.

Ken Ramey
[/quote]

Thanks.

Ken Ramey
[/quote]
(06-27-2023, 09:12 AM)Kramey Wrote: @gamelaster Sorry to bother you but you asked me to let you know in a few days if I had not gotten a response to my ticket. It has now been 20 days since I submitted the ticket and there has been no action on it. I have also not received any communications about the issue.

Still patiently waiting.

Wow I've received response on mine (although slow). Maybe respond to your ticket to bump it and set the priority to high?
(07-12-2023, 08:26 AM)elix Wrote:
(06-27-2023, 09:12 AM)Kramey Wrote: @gamelaster Sorry to bother you but you asked me to let you know in a few days if I had not gotten a response to my ticket. It has now been 20 days since I submitted the ticket and there has been no action on it. I have also not received any communications about the issue.

Still patiently waiting.

Wow I've received response on mine (although slow). Maybe respond to your ticket to bump it and set the priority to high?

About a week ago I got an email suggesting I take the back shell off and look for any disconnected cables. I did that but didn't see any obvious problems. I responded to the email with that information and a photo of what it looked inside but, again, have received no further contact. 

I'm glad you got some movement on your issue. I think I'll take your advice and try to bump my report up in the queue. Thanks.
Ken Ramey
Pinebook Pro/PineTab 2
Just wanted to report that I had to send my PineTab 2 in for repair. It is now returned to me and is working great. I have no idea what the problem turned out to be but am very happy with the support.

My thanks to the Pine64 team.
Ken Ramey
Pinebook Pro/PineTab 2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinetab 2 just arrived + when can hope to se wifi driver LRP 15 7,853 02-28-2024, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Surehand53
Wink Screen protector for PineTab 2 vatin 0 526 11-18-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: vatin
  Pinetab2 screen issue. screen does not power on at all bluemage 5 1,356 09-25-2023, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bluemage
  PineTab 2 (arm64) thoughts and questions acruhl 7 2,930 09-01-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  pinetab 2 not booting ajhiii070 5 1,826 08-07-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: r.aliaskarov
  does the pinetab "just worK"? averageconsumer445 19 4,602 07-15-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  Pinetab-V shipping Status? jfstepha 6 2,408 07-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ChromaticHamster
  No WiFi or Ethernet on vanilla PineTab 2 from the factory? SmittyWerbenyegermanjenson 6 2,310 06-06-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
Star Looking for a Pinetab [EU] Glenn 2 2,648 01-24-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Louis
  Looking to buy a PineTab Yair22 2 2,525 01-24-2023, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Louis