Mobian has new separate packages to support the PinePhone Pro
It will soon be time to do a dist-upgrade on a Mobian installation. This seems necessary to pick up the new packages tuned for the PinePhone Pro.

But at the moment, reboots can be required to get AV playback working on Mobian. The Web app is working now with YouTube and Gmail. The contributed Suspend app is useful. And the Megapixels app works, but for high resolution and flash on the back camera. I like to use 150% magnification on the display, which can be set after every power up.
Does the installer actually work now (with FDE)?

[edit] Just gave it a go and it works from SD card (not from eMMC though).
Mobian is looking pretty good so far. The only thing keeping me from actually using the PPP as my regular device is because the audio doesn't properly switch to the earpiece when answering calls (it was the same on Manjaro, so it's not a Mobian specific issue).
Mobian now has a dist-upgrade that includes libtiff6. But this leaves the megapixels camera unsupported. I had to find libtiff.so.5.8.0 in a flatpack directory and install it alongside libtiff.so.6 and company.

The AV playback and camera operation can still require rebooting sometimes.

The rear camera has low resolution and no flash. The config file and postprocessing script still require my modifications.
(01-30-2023, 11:30 AM)mburns Wrote: Mobian now has a dist-upgrade that includes libtiff6. But this leaves the megapixels camera unsupported. I had to find libtiff.so.5.8.0 in a flatpack directory and install it alongside libtiff.so.6 and company.

The AV playback and camera operation can still require rebooting sometimes.

The rear camera has low resolution and no flash. The config file and postprocessing script still require my modifications.

This morning Mobian has updated its support of the PinePhone Pro. The AV playback and camera operation under Megapixels is reliable now.
Code:
high-priority = yes
nice-level = -15

realtime-scheduling = yes
realtime-priority = 5

rlimit-nice = -11
rlimit-rtprio = 9

This code is also needed in a Mobian installation for reliable AV playback. Insert this into the /etc/pulse/daemon.conf file.
In the directory /etc/systemd/user/sockets.target.wants/ the files pipewire-pulse.socket, pipewire.socket, and pulseaudio.socket should all have the Priority set to 5 instead of 6. This is needed to get Mobian to boot with working audio reliably.
(02-13-2023, 06:35 PM)mburns Wrote:
Code:
high-priority = yes
nice-level = -15

realtime-priority = 5

rlimit-nice = -11
rlimit-rtprio = 9

This code is also needed in a Mobian installation for reliable AV playback. Insert this into the /etc/pulse/daemon.conf file.

Will this code let me use Megapixels?

You seem very smart.

How can we tell the Mobian devs about this to make this an easier process? Although the Pro is still being developed, eventually it should be usable for non-devs.
The Camera App On Mobian Works Now.

The Megapixels app has competition now.

The white balance is different. My modification of the Megapixel app uses the automatic white balance option of dcraw; the automatic white balance by the Camera app uses a different formula. In either case the green tint by Megapixel is gone.

My options for the Megapixels app seem to get better blacks.

In the Camera app, the rear camera is allowed to put out double the number of pixels.

The processing of pictures by the Camera app is much faster. But no dng files are recorded.

The Camera app has a video option.

(02-16-2023, 07:37 PM)pinephonepromobian Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 06:35 PM)mburns Wrote:
Code:
high-priority = yes
nice-level = -15

realtime-priority = 5

rlimit-nice = -11
rlimit-rtprio = 9

Will this code let me use Megapixels?

You seem very smart.

How can we tell the Mobian devs about this to make this an easier process? Although the Pro is still being developed, eventually it should be usable for non-devs.

I have different results now. These modifications do not eliminate the AV playback issue in Mobian, but I have not tested the undoing of them.

Rebooting Mobian until AV playback works is the fix. The Camera app works when AV playback works. I have not tested Megapixels when AV playback hangs.
(01-30-2023, 11:30 AM)mburns Wrote: Mobian now has a dist-upgrade that includes libtiff6. But this leaves the megapixels camera unsupported. I had to find libtiff.so.5.8.0 in a flatpack directory and install it alongside libtiff.so.6 and company.

FTR: This is the wrong way to go about that. You should inform the maintainer(s) of the megapixels package that there is a library transition needed from tiff 5 to 6.
https://tracker.debian.org/news/1397143/...erimental/

Normally this is 'automatically' handled in Debian, but packages that are not inside Debian itself (apparently) need a 'nudge'.

(02-13-2023, 06:35 PM)mburns Wrote: ... Insert this into the /etc/pulse/daemon.conf file.

In another post you mentioned pipewire. I'm not too sure whether pipewire does something with pulse config files.  In any case, it's better to use pipewire's own config file(s) to configure pipewire.

Having both PulseAudio and PipeWire (+ WirePlumber) installed/running is likely a bad idea.

HTH

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone pro. zetabeta 9 1,646 02-20-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: mburns
  Tow-Boot, a new U-Boot option for Pinephone Pro and other devices Ulfnic 60 44,424 02-13-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Pine Phone Pro audio on phone calls: discussion, support and tips apink 42 12,152 12-26-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: apink
  Disable the GDM service in Mobian. mburns 0 453 11-25-2023, 10:19 PM
  A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro mburns 2 810 11-23-2023, 08:44 AM
  Rhino Linux does not seem ready for the PinePhone Pro. mburns 2 946 11-23-2023, 08:39 AM
  The Mobian Phosh Experience mburns 1 859 11-18-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  Fix the Mobian Weather App mburns 0 485 11-07-2023, 10:01 AM
  Megapixels on Mobian Bookworm on PinePhone Pro - Not Launching X0X0X0X0X0 1 682 11-07-2023, 09:44 AM
  Mobian Phosh Gnome Software Is Recommending A Broken Update. mburns 0 585 10-14-2023, 11:57 AM