Bookworm
(12-10-2021, 06:03 PM)SocialNetworkingWasAMistake Wrote: Ran an update on my Bookworm. Seems to have borked the packages tho, anyone know what's going on here? It looks like a bunch of different packages need different versions of stuff, do I just need to wait for those packages to be updated to put my system back in a consistent state again?
Code:
➜  ~ sudo apt upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
python3-gi : Depends: libgirepository-1.0-1-with-libffi8 (>= 1.62.0-4~)
E: Broken packages
➜  ~ sudo apt install -f
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  catdoc exif g++-10 gedit-common gir1.2-gst-plugins-base-1.0 gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0 gir1.2-gtksource-4 gir1.2-handy-0.0 gir1.2-handy-1 gir1.2-malcontent-0 gir1.2-notify-0.7 gir1.2-secret-1
  gir1.2-soup-2.4 gir1.2-totem-1.0 gir1.2-totemplparser-1.0 gnome-disk-utility grilo-plugins-0.3 id3 libamtk-5-0 libamtk-5-common libaom0 libcbor0 libcodec2-0.9 libdmapsharing-3.0-2
  libfluidsynth2 libgail-3-0 libgnomekbd-common libgnomekbd8 libgrilo-0.3-0 libgsf-1-114 libgsf-1-common libimagequant0 libllvm11 liblua5.3-0 libnemo-extension1 liboauth0 libpcre2-posix2
  libpython3.10 libpython3.10-minimal libpython3.10-stdlib libraqm0 libstdc++-10-dev libtepl-5-0 libtotem-plparser-common libtotem-plparser18 libtotem0 libtracker-sparql-3.0-0 liburing1
  libxklavier16 nemo-data odt2txt python3-aiohttp python3-async-timeout python3-attr python3-bs4 python3-cairo python3-cups python3-cupshelpers python3-multidict python3-pil
  python3-pyfavicon python3-pyotp python3-pyzbar python3-smbc python3-soupsieve python3-sqlparse python3-tabulate python3-typing-extensions python3-xdg python3-yarl python3-yoyo
  system-config-printer-udev totem totem-common
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  cinnamon-desktop-data cpupower-gui gedit gnome-authenticator libcinnamon-desktop4 libxapp1 lollypop malcontent malcontent-gui mobian-phosh nemo nemo-fileroller phosh-full
  portfolio-filemanager powersupply python3-gi python3-gi-cairo python3-gst-1.0 system-config-printer-common totem-plugins xapps-common
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 21 to remove and 45 not upgraded.
7 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 21.5 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.
➜  ~

Did you consider installing libgirepository?
And yes, "sudo apt install (package_name)" can also be used to upgrade individual packages.
Python is my 2nd most hated language of all time, the number 1 being Javascript, and for both the reason is because they're overtly bloated and never work.
Number 3 is Java, which is extremely bloated, but at least it works.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(12-10-2021, 07:12 PM)ryo Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 06:03 PM)SocialNetworkingWasAMistake Wrote: Ran an update on my Bookworm. Seems to have borked the packages tho, anyone know what's going on here? It looks like a bunch of different packages need different versions of stuff, do I just need to wait for those packages to be updated to put my system back in a consistent state again?
Code:
➜  ~ sudo apt upgrade
Calculating upgrade... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

python3-gi : Depends: libgirepository-1.0-1-with-libffi8 (>= 1.62.0-4~)
E: Broken packages
➜  ~ sudo apt install -f
  catdoc exif g++-10 gedit-common gir1.2-gst-plugins-base-1.0 gir1.2-gstreamer-1.0 gir1.2-gtksource-4 gir1.2-handy-0.0 gir1.2-handy-1 gir1.2-malcontent-0 gir1.2-notify-0.7 gir1.2-secret-1
  gir1.2-soup-2.4 gir1.2-totem-1.0 gir1.2-totemplparser-1.0 gnome-disk-utility grilo-plugins-0.3 id3 libamtk-5-0 libamtk-5-common libaom0 libcbor0 libcodec2-0.9 libdmapsharing-3.0-2
  libfluidsynth2 libgail-3-0 libgnomekbd-common libgnomekbd8 libgrilo-0.3-0 libgsf-1-114 libgsf-1-common libimagequant0 libllvm11 liblua5.3-0 libnemo-extension1 liboauth0 libpcre2-posix2
  libpython3.10 libpython3.10-minimal libpython3.10-stdlib libraqm0 libstdc++-10-dev libtepl-5-0 libtotem-plparser-common libtotem-plparser18 libtotem0 libtracker-sparql-3.0-0 liburing1
  libxklavier16 nemo-data odt2txt python3-aiohttp python3-async-timeout python3-attr python3-bs4 python3-cairo python3-cups python3-cupshelpers python3-multidict python3-pil
  python3-pyfavicon python3-pyotp python3-pyzbar python3-smbc python3-soupsieve python3-sqlparse python3-tabulate python3-typing-extensions python3-xdg python3-yarl python3-yoyo
  cinnamon-desktop-data cpupower-gui gedit gnome-authenticator libcinnamon-desktop4 libxapp1 lollypop malcontent malcontent-gui mobian-phosh nemo nemo-fileroller phosh-full
  portfolio-filemanager powersupply python3-gi python3-gi-cairo python3-gst-1.0 system-config-printer-common totem-plugins xapps-common
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 21 to remove and 45 not upgraded.
Abort.
➜  ~

Did you consider installing libgirepository?
And yes, "sudo apt install (package_name)" can also be used to upgrade individual packages.
Python is my 2nd most hated language of all time, the number 1 being Javascript, and for both the reason is because they're overtly bloated and never work.
Number 3 is Java, which is extremely bloated, but at least it works.

Gives me this:
Code:
➜  ~ sudo apt install libgirepository-1.0-1
You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.
libgirepository-1.0-1 : Depends: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.70.0) but 2.68.1-2mobian1 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
➜  ~
(12-10-2021, 07:22 PM)SocialNetworkingWasAMistake Wrote: Gives me this:
Code:
➜  ~ sudo apt install libgirepository-1.0-1
libgirepository-1.0-1 : Depends: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.70.0) but 2.68.1-2mobian1 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
➜  ~

You might want to execute "sudo apt --fix-broken install" first then.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(12-11-2021, 06:28 PM)ryo Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 07:22 PM)SocialNetworkingWasAMistake Wrote: Gives me this:
Code:
➜  ~ sudo apt install libgirepository-1.0-1
➜  ~

You might want to execute "sudo apt --fix-broken install" first then.

The problem is if I try --fix-broken it tries to uninstall important packages like phosh
Code:
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 21 to remove and 54 not upgraded.
Code:
sudo apt dist-upgrade
 should pull in the missing dependencies.
(12-10-2021, 07:12 PM)ryo Wrote: Python is my 2nd most hated language of all time, the number 1 being Javascript, and for both the reason is because they're overtly bloated and never work.

My two favourite languages, hehe.
(12-13-2021, 06:42 AM)beta-user Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 07:12 PM)ryo Wrote: Python is my 2nd most hated language of all time, the number 1 being Javascript, and for both the reason is because they're overtly bloated and never work.

My two favourite languages, hehe.

I am not a fan of Javascript but I do love Python and can say that it has never not worked for me, maybe look inward if the language never works... Wink
(12-13-2021, 09:43 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: I am not a fan of Javascript but I do love Python and can say that it has never not worked for me, maybe look inward if the language never works... Wink

In the case of Javascript I'm speaking from both the developer and end user perspective.
But Python is just end user because I never made anything in Python.
If I take software like Weechat, Mirage, Docker, youtube-dl etc that blatantly error out on runtime just because the Python version got updated (example, from 3.8.3 to 3.8.4) while the apps themselves remain unchanged, then how is that the apps' fault for breaking?
A handful of other problems I agree with (except for the "Lacks everything" part, because again never used Python as a developer).
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(12-13-2021, 07:06 PM)ryo Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 09:43 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: I am not a fan of Javascript but I do love Python and can say that it has never not worked for me, maybe look inward if the language never works... Wink

In the case of Javascript I'm speaking from both the developer and end user perspective.
But Python is just end user because I never made anything in Python.
If I take software like Weechat, Mirage, Docker, youtube-dl etc that blatantly error out on runtime just because the Python version got updated (example, from 3.8.3 to 3.8.4) while the apps themselves remain unchanged, then how is that the apps' fault for breaking?
A handful of other problems I agree with (except for the "Lacks everything" part, because again never used Python as a developer).

A) I was joking.

B) That list really fills like someone is just complaining because Python isn't C (or insert language here). That would be like me complaining that C doesn't have try-except and or lambda functions or that it takes longer to make something with C. Also, a lot of people complain about Python being slow, and it is compared to C but it is also fast enough for the user to not even notice so it really doesn't matter a lot of the time. If you make something that runs a million times a day then it is worth sinking the time to make it with something faster but if not then with Python you develop it faster and is easier to maintain which is what most companies care about.
(12-14-2021, 09:49 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: That list really fills like someone is just complaining because Python isn't C (or insert language here). That would be like me complaining that C doesn't have try-except and or lambda functions or that it takes longer to make something with C. Also, a lot of people complain about Python being slow, and it is compared to C but it is also fast enough for the user to not even notice so it really doesn't matter a lot of the time. If you make something that runs a million times a day then it is worth sinking the time to make it with something faster but if not then with Python you develop it faster and is easier to maintain which is what most companies care about.

The owner of that site is a big fan of C (and Perl), so that might make sense.
It's true that it takes quite a long time to make stuff in C.
But then again, there are enough people out there that choose Node.js over PHP for the same reason, but I think it really depends on who you're asking.

Sure, it takes workarounds to make realtime apps in PHP, but I can make the same app way quicker in PHP than I can in Node.js.
Because Node's asyncronization might seem fancy on paper, but 99% of the time you won't need that and so it's just standing in my way all the time.
So I end up wrapping everything I make in Node into "promise.then.then.then.then...", which I don't have to do at all in PHP, since that one always executes everything in the intended order.
If I don't wrap everything into promises, thought process always goes like "WTF, I just solved this one bug only to create 5 new bugs!?" (refresh) "Oh, it got fixed by itself." (refresh) "NOW THERE ARE 20 NEW BUGS!?".
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 23 2,292 2 hours ago
Last Post: zetabeta
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 2,530 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Debian bookworm security repo user641 2 1,595 02-17-2023, 01:12 AM
Last Post: user641
  Bookworm Satellite Navigation biketool 7 3,259 09-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Last Post: vortex
  GPS/location services don't work with Maps after Bookworm upgrade Anna 16 10,279 06-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: wibble
  Bookworm Navigation Enabler Script biketool 2 1,557 06-02-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Flatpak on Bookworm biketool 0 914 05-25-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: biketool
  chatty v0.6 in Bookworm at last! treebeard 13 7,810 02-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Waydroid Intallation on Bookworm Dinosaur1946 6 4,529 01-30-2022, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  Safe to upgrade Bookworm again? nelstomlinson 2 2,503 10-12-2021, 03:45 AM
Last Post: bcnaz