Bookworm
Yes, there are many different Bluetooth profiles.  HFP is Hands Free Profile, i.e., using headset for phone calls.  I think A2DP is the audio profile (e.g., listening to music, audio from video, etc.) which does work.[0]  But not as a mic + headset for making phone calls (which is HFP).  This is a known issue already.

Can anyone comment if modem is working reliably on Bookworm?  Or are monitoring/restarting scripts still needed?  Well, I guess I should just find some time to upgrade/re-install anyway, sounds like there are at least some improvements, anyway...

In particular I am having trouble with keeping the hotspot on for any length of time (because the data connection drops out). But I am missing regular phone calls, too.

[0] I think this always leads to some confusion when "Bluetooth" is discussed, with some people saying "it works for me" etc. without really understanding the difference.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
On my Daily Driver Pinephone,  occasionally it will ring with an incoming call  * but it does not connect when I try to answer the call...

Then when I try to return 'that call' to that caller, ...  it gives me a 'calling screen' 
    ...   but it does not actually place a call, just the 'calling screen'. *  a 'reboot' will get it working again, but Frustrating !

This is running one of the original early bookworm releases with current updates.  and,  'Most of the time this phone does work pretty well'.

Meanwhile on one of my test phones running the October 1st nightly,  it seems almost faultless.

SO I am thinking maybe I will just reflash my D.D. phone with the latest OS,  * rather than try and find and fix the problem ?

Note: SMS text is working very well on both phones.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Anybody with news of mobian-installer and when it will move to bookworm too?
so can install bookworm with disk encryption.
The next few months should be interesting to see how well the Pinephone Pro runs on this software. ?

Hopefully any flaws in this Developers Edition show up quickly,

so they can be corrected before they start building the first public batch in November. ! ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-19-2021, 01:16 AM)bcnaz Wrote: The next few months should be interesting to see how well the Pinephone Pro runs on this software. ?

Hopefully any flaws in this Developers Edition show up quickly, 

so they can be corrected before they start building the first public batch in November. ! ?

I think since some devs have had a PPPro for a few months now that helps with finding the hardware flaws. Especially since they kinda know a bit more what they are looking for now. Plus PINE64 was making their first phone so they would hopefully have learned a fair bit and be able to apply that knowledge to the PPPro.
Back when they started Hyping the original Pinephone, they cited you could keep the phone for years and just
Upgrade the mainboard as needed over the years.

The 'Pro' is basically a whole different new phone, you cannot use the Pro parts in your original Pinephone.

NOW if you want to "upgrade", you must throw out your old phone and spend $400.++ for a whole New phone.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-19-2021, 06:51 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Back when they started Hyping the original Pinephone, they cited you could keep the phone for years and just
Upgrade the mainboard as needed over the years.

The 'Pro' is basically a whole different new phone, you cannot use the Pro parts in your original Pinephone.

NOW if you want to "upgrade", you must throw out your old phone and spend $400.++ for a whole New phone.

They've said that there'll be a second Pinephone, so I presume the regular model Pinephones will still be compatible with each other
October 29 Nightly release,
Many new choices in the settings menu. Under the setting > 'Accessibility' - I set 'large text' and 'Enable Animations' to on, much more comfortable View now !

Also under settings it looks like we are ready to test that new keyboard ! (keyboard, mouse, and touchpad settings)

Over-all Tonight's release feels snappier and smoother. I just installed tonights release on this test phone 2 hours ago, so far I am very impressed.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Mobian has stopped the 'Nightly Release' and now has a 'Weekly Release'
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-10-2021, 12:36 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Mobian has stopped the  'Nightly Release'  and now has a  'Weekly Release'

Why's that?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 24 2,362 39 minutes ago
Last Post: zetabeta
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 2,553 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Debian bookworm security repo user641 2 1,598 02-17-2023, 01:12 AM
Last Post: user641
  Bookworm Satellite Navigation biketool 7 3,270 09-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Last Post: vortex
  GPS/location services don't work with Maps after Bookworm upgrade Anna 16 10,290 06-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: wibble
  Bookworm Navigation Enabler Script biketool 2 1,561 06-02-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Flatpak on Bookworm biketool 0 915 05-25-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: biketool
  chatty v0.6 in Bookworm at last! treebeard 13 7,821 02-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Waydroid Intallation on Bookworm Dinosaur1946 6 4,537 01-30-2022, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  Safe to upgrade Bookworm again? nelstomlinson 2 2,509 10-12-2021, 03:45 AM
Last Post: bcnaz