Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver?
(01-30-2023, 07:51 AM)zetabeta Wrote: i don't know how tight budget you have. but i might go for third pinephone (regular), it is still relatively cheap and other options aren't easy either. sadly, you cannot use your previous pinephones as spare parts because malfunctions most likely occurs in mainboards.

possible explanation for those jams in 10 minutes. pinephone has bad habit to overheat and that tears down solderings in a mainboard. sooner or later some connections start to be unreliable and causes issues. those issues could be in a way that when cold, it works. when hot it does not. this is just one theory.

Thank you for your opinion! Smile
It's very hard to find any statement/comment from a Librem 5 user online which is NOT 1-2 years old. Just as simply no one has this thing. Wierd. I guess I should not invest that much money on an experiment without more information.

My budget in this case would be about 500€ maximum (a "normal investment" for a smartphone would be 150-300€ - for me).

If I would KNOW for sure that I would get a good PinePhone (regular) or "win the PinePhone-Lottery" this time, and that it would work for 1,5-2 years minimum, probably I would buy a third one because of missing other options (even if buying the same phone 3 times in less than 2 years really hurts/feels totally stupid AND is not very ecological), but I'm afraid I could get another bad device. And I often read here on the forums that the support of Pine64 was sometimes problematic if you want to return/refund/replace something...  Confused   ...or am I wrong on this part?

I would absolutely spend additional 100€ to definitely get a PinePhone with hardware guranteed in really good condition (something like a "selected device" which was in fact really tested in-depth by a skilled Pine64 technician for chip quality, soldering point quality, ... and graded as "A+"? Wink ) ... but we don't have this option of course.

I really love what the PinePhone has started/influenced in the Linux world on the software side (and it's great that the hardware is documented that good, could be disassembled, etc.), but it's sad that we as comsumers don't have an option to run a real Linux distro like Mobian on hardware which has the quality/stability/durability/reliability... (NOT talking about performance here! That's secondary for me) of a regular smartphone from such companies like LG. Personal budget is not even relevant here, as such devices just don't exist on this planet. Sad

PS: Yes, Netgear products are really not what they used to be years ago... I bought Netgear business devices very often in the past without concerns, but I no longer do (without concerns I mean).
Using encrypted Mobian (bookworm) on pmOS CE Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) as Daily Driver, and Beta Edition Convergence PinePhone (3GB/32GB) with encrypted Mobian (bookworm) as Backup device.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? - by dante404 - 01-30-2023, 08:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 7 600 04-25-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: aular
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 363 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: aular
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 243 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,839 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 615 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,380 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 505 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,714 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,989 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 5,008 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy