Hosting a website on a PinePhone, etc.
1. I mean, PinePhone is essentially just a little GNU/Linux computer with a touch screen, so I imagine you could, but I don't think performance would be great.  The far bigger issue though will be how do you expect to come up with a reachable IP address through your carrier's network?  If you want to play around with stuff like this, I would recommend buying one or more Single Board Computers (SBC), as you can see there are many inexpensive ones nowadays to choose from besides RPi (which I do not recommend, for a lot of different reasons).

2. It says right on the PinePhone page in the store what is in stock, and what isn't.  Looks like you are out of luck in US at the moment.  There were apparently a few 3/32 KDE edition available last weekend (I am in US, like you).  I decided just to order and see what happens.  Then on Monday I noticed they updated the website that they are now officially out of stock.  I received order confirmation (an almost immediate, what I assume was automated reply), but no further information yet whether I actually got one or not, no shipping info nor anything else, yet.  Although in fairness, it does state in big red letters that they are projected to ship later this month.  It does not matter really what software comes on it, you can always change that later.  Only difference being the logo on the back cover, although I seem to recall reading that Pine might even make the other back covers available in the store later, in addition to a plain one.

3. From what I have read on the forum, I would say no, but you can try and see.  Verizon is the one carrier that seems to be the fiddliest of all.  IMO obnoxious on their part and one of many reasons I will not do business with them.  But from what I have read, you will need to do some dickering around with SIMs and IMEI numbers or something (as compared to some other carriers who "just work" without hassle).  Some people have not gotten it to work, but it seems to me like if you put in a little time / research, you should be able to figure it out and get it working.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).

Messages In This Thread
Hosting a website on a PinePhone, etc. - by a-l - 02-12-2021, 06:09 PM
RE: Hosting a website on a PinePhone, etc. - by TRS-80 - 02-13-2021, 01:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 7 574 Today, 05:56 AM
Last Post: aular
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 349 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 232 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 109,038 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,797 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 608 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,364 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 497 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,687 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,962 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma