Quite happy my pine has arrived :)
Wink 
Well my pine 64 finally arrived.

No case but that can totally wait, got the wifi adapter as well. Overall pretty happy. Board looks pretty slick, bigger than i was expecting. 

Turns out my pc and card reader don't like that phoenix software for burning images to the micro sd cards. And then my card reader would not support my 64gb micro sd card (pain in the ***). But i found a spare 8gb micro sd.

Used another program, win 32 disk image thingey. Got the rooted android 5.1.1 on it. Had kodi downloaded before on a spare flash drive.

Fired it in the thing, plugged in, it booted up. Android ran pretty not bad, its slower than i was expecting, but i have faith in future updates we got some nice hardware acceleration and some tweaking and were totally golden.

So i installed kodi and ran the fusion addon installed, been watching supernatural for hours. Hard to do a reboot at one point, the screen was jerking around like up and down, even out of kodi, i presume i found a little glitch there.

But overall. I have seen so many people complain about the board, so i thought i should say something nice. It took a little while to arrive. So what ive had kickstarters take over a year before. The software is in no way polished. It will come dont worry. Hopefully it brings my plastic case too Smile, but it suits my needs. Its replacing the amazon fire tv stick. Which runs like dog **** with kodi.

So overall, love it. And it can only get better :Smile thanks guys, good job.

[Image: IMG_20160603_140019_HDR_zpsbo8ig8vv.jpg]
(06-03-2016, 07:11 AM)stephen0205 Wrote: Well my pine 64 finally arrived.

No case but that can totally wait, got the wifi adapter as well. Overall pretty happy. Board looks pretty slick, bigger than i was expecting. 

Turns out my pc and card reader don't like that phoenix software for burning images to the micro sd cards. And then my card reader would not support my 64gb micro sd card (pain in the ***). But i found a spare 8gb micro sd.

Used another program, win 32 disk image thingey. Got the rooted android 5.1.1 on it. Had kodi downloaded before on a spare flash drive.

Fired it in the thing, plugged in, it booted up. Android ran pretty not bad, its slower than i was expecting, but i have faith in future updates we got some nice hardware acceleration and some tweaking and were totally golden.

So i installed kodi and ran the fusion addon installed, been watching supernatural for hours. Hard to do a reboot at one point, the screen was jerking around like up and down, even out of kodi, i presume i found a little glitch there.

But overall. I have seen so many people complain about the board, so i thought i should say something nice. It took a little while to arrive. So what ive had kickstarters take over a year before. The software is in no way polished. It will come dont worry. Hopefully it brings my plastic case too Smile, but it suits my needs. Its replacing the amazon fire tv stick. Which runs like dog **** with kodi.

So overall, love it. And it can only get better :Smile thanks guys, good job.

[Image: IMG_20160603_140019_HDR_zpsbo8ig8vv.jpg]

Thanks for sharing! 
Great that you got everything working relatively easily. Yea, its a bit doom and gloom on the forums at the moment but that will change with time I'm sure.  Currently on season 3 of supernatural - no spoilers please Wink
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Good for you Smile
Have fun with the pine!
I can confirm this screen shaking, i have experienced that as well but very random and not reproducible. A bit odd.
Sounds great. Can't wait until I have mine. More than a week ago I received an email it has been shipped, but still no tracking number. So every time I see a postman I push the pedal to the metal only to to find my beautiful wife and baby son at home but no pine Sad.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait
I completely agree.
My pine 64 runs pretty smoothly -> had no expectations though.
I can watch movies in Kodi as was my idea -> does the job without ny probs.
Have other ideas that can't be supported atm, but it can wait. I'm patient. Can't expect the whole thing to be running like a dream out of the box when it's a startup.

My screen shakes sometimes too, but rarely.

Big Grin
I just received my board yesterday. No abs case but it took all of an hour to install the power button, Remix and start goofing around. Netflix, youtube and kodi are all set up. I think the timing of my pines arrival was perfect as many of the flaws have been resolved.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
(06-03-2016, 07:11 AM)stephen0205 Wrote: So overall, love it. And it can only get better :Smile thanks guys, good job.

I probably commented on this somewhere else on the forum, but this is an appropriate place to repeat it. I received my pine64 around a month ago, and hadn't gotten around to seriously playing with it till last weekend. I tried the debian image based on the work by longsleep, and also the latest ubuntu image by longsleep. After some minor hurdles easily fixed by searching the forum here (i.e. wifi setup) I got be basics running just fine. Some more tinkering and asking of stupid questions (thanks longsleep!) got the audio working. So I have a happy 'lil pine that connects to my wifi, runs headless, is connected to via SSH and plays internet radio, and will shortly be re-introduced to apache/mysql/php... and it all runs great! I cannot fault the hardware for the price, and the software side is shaping up quite nicely! Stories like these are needed to offset all the negatives that keep getting posted because people are impatient and keep jumping on their soapbox before checking who else is in line!  Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bliss OS (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 4 12,299 06-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Last Post: nukedawg
  Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 59 103,806 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mmmarcus
  Pine 64 + WIFI - OVERHEAT problem Berkut 0 3,192 10-24-2018, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Berkut
  Pine64+ 1G and Pine LCD with Android 6.0.1 Tanveer 0 2,951 09-03-2018, 05:05 AM
Last Post: Tanveer
  [PINE A64 2GB Kickstarter]How to boot android from external SSD v1n1c1uS 1 3,341 01-15-2018, 11:05 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Bliss OS - Pine a64+ rwaterspf1 8 12,209 10-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Last Post: jkmooney
  Android Oreo on Pine LCD Tanveer 1 3,372 08-28-2017, 07:01 AM
Last Post: ayufan
  Android 6.0 for Pine64+ 1G and Pine LCD Tanveer 1 3,532 07-29-2017, 09:12 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Pine 2GB won't boot Android anymore Bluphire 5 7,508 05-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Last Post: dkryder
  Pine A64 running Android 7.1 kernel panic leon 1 3,455 05-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: ayufan