UPDATED (June 2021): 17-distro multi-boot image for Pinephone (incl. 3GiB variant)
(09-19-2020, 08:02 AM)megous Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 05:38 AM)bujiraso Wrote: I re-dd'd and now stretched the partition using steps from https://xnux.eu/log/#toc-resizing-the-pa...-the-image.
A couple notes there (cc @megous)

1. I goofed on the block device (misread it) and fell back to my comfort zone of cfdisks which worked fine, too. I used '[resize]' on the second partition, then '[write]'.
2. the "$ df -h"  final step likely belongs *before* the umount so that you can see the size looks right Smile

That all went well and the Pine boots it so I thought to try the SailFish OS, again.
I can confirm that (after you set locale agree to EULA, etc.) when it says "Start" you can press as guided by the XDA dev (firmly, hold for a quarter second, towards the far corners, top left->right then bottom right->left) and it will skip the tutorial.

That being said, I still ended up in the same loopy place I did last time. It also says "Network Connection failed" despite being authenticated to my wifi. I did say "No Jolla Account" does that deny me from using the system? ?
Video footage of the foolishness and that'll be it for me and SFOS for a while: https://youtu.be/d_iKqvzPfK8
The funniest part was the part I didn't catch where holding the power button gave me a friendly "Goodbye!" before powering off from Jolla Wink
Way to reset the distro is to use btrfs-utils:

btrfs subvolume delete /mnt/distro
btrfs subvolume snapshot /mnt/distro.orig /mnt/distro

You'd have to have the root volume mounted though, so it may only be possible with SD card reader in PC, or as I did it, with Arch Linux ARM running from eMMC, while the multi-distro being on a SD card.

If it's possible to mount multiple btrfs volumes at once, it should be possible to just do it from one of the distros on the multi-boot image itself (just not the one you're trying to reset), if you install btrfs utils.

Also don't hold the power button for anywhere close to 6s or more. That just forces the PMIC to cut power, without a proper shutdown of the OS. May or may not cause some corruption. (Probably depends on SD card and current write activity level)

Excellent tips. I'll try that out as I appear to have updated Mobian "wrong". dpkg is repeatedly failing on an init script.

Also, I notice your kernel fixes https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmaports/-/issues/735 on the pmOS boots. Sweet!

Finally, I have a couple feature ideas for pBoot.
-> Boot to eMMC (edit: from the running sd card image, if possible)
-> Wrap around indexing (so I don't have to hit vol down as many times)
-> Battery indicator

If you're looking for another developer to help tinker on stuff like that, @megous, PM me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: UPDATED: 13-distro multi-boot image for Pinephone (incl. 3GiB variant) - by bujiraso - 09-20-2020, 06:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 7 607 04-25-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: aular
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 365 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 244 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 109,518 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,841 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 618 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,386 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 508 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,718 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,995 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma