UPDATED (June 2021): 17-distro multi-boot image for Pinephone (incl. 3GiB variant)
Thanks @megous 

P.s. small donation sent your way as thanks for your continued efforts
Thanks for the multi boot image, really awesome.

What is the option where I can make a bootable item from the menu green? Does that make it the current default boot? How do I turn that off when I no longer want it to be the default?
Thank you very much for the update. Your work is greatly appreciated.
Hello everyone. Thanks for the good work on this image. I'm having some issues installing it and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm using a 64GB microSD card plugged into a system running Pop!_OS. I have downloaded the image from the torrent here: https://xnux.eu/p-boot-demo/ and verified the checksum is correct.

I have run zcat multi.img.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/sdc bs=1M and verified my card is at /dev/sdc.

I have also run the verification step: dd if=/dev/sdc bs=1M count=10000 | sha256sum.

I have then powered down my PinePhone, removed the battery, and placed the SD card into the slot. On powerup, the phone boots to Manjaro and has no indication of the multi-image existing. However, when I check in Manjaro, I can see the SD card is being recognized.

I know I must be flashing the SD card wrong, but I don't know how. Any tips? Thank you!
I don't see anything wrong there. It's pretty much the same as I did - 128GB SanDisk card in a Brave Heart. Perhaps try the verification step on the phone after it boots into Manjaro just in case it's seeing something different?
Hello, I leave in this message all the commands that I have used to resize the partition after flashing the image (I think this could be very useful for newbies):

echo ", +" | sudo sfdisk -n -N 2 /dev/sdd
echo ", +" | sudo sfdisk -N 2 /dev/sdd
sudo mount /dev/sdd2 /mnt
sudo btrfs filesystem resize max /mnt
sudo df -h
sudo umount /mnt
Hello, Arch does not start and Sailfish shows a circle spinning forever.

It is normal?

Another question! Will there be a multi-distro update next year? In what month approximately? It's just out of curiosity.

Thanks a lot.

@megous
(12-22-2020, 08:33 AM)wibble Wrote: I don't see anything wrong there. It's pretty much the same as I did - 128GB SanDisk card in a Brave Heart. Perhaps try the verification step on the phone after it boots into Manjaro just in case it's seeing something different?

Thanks wibble.

So, that wasn't my issue, but it got me looking in the right place. What was actually happening was that I had inserted the SD card into the SIM slot by accident. What I thought was the Manjaro OS recognizing the SD card was really the eMMC which was labeled as "SD Card Reader" by the Disks app. My fault for assuming. Blush

Once I put the card into the right slot it worked perfectly. What a cool thing this is. It boots nearly instantly. Really enjoying these images, especially Mobian.
Installed multi-boot image. Doing this post from Ubports OS. Excellent work by @megous (donation sent). Q: I have installed image to eMMC, stretched partition as per instructions, tried to update OS but only got rotating icon which failed to finish. Is there an issue with OS updates or changing update channels?  I remember seeing some mention of kernel differences between vanilla Ubports and Megi multi-boot kernel.

Great work Megi & thanks.
I'm getting this error on attempting to resize the btrfs from Ubuntu 16.04:

[307611.254572] BTRFS info (device mmcblk0p2): disk space caching is enabled
[307611.254576] BTRFS: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (10).
[307611.279604] BTRFS: open_ctree failed

It works fine on a recent Gentoo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 7 595 Yesterday, 05:56 AM
Last Post: aular
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 355 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 240 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 109,253 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,807 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 612 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,374 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 502 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,710 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,984 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma