Data downloading not working with SIM
Hello,

got a PP KDE CE and started using p-boot[url=https://xnux.eu/p-boot-demo/][/url] bootloader to compare OOSS.

Using my SIM, I'm experiencing trouble with data downloading Huh

Of course, searched for the right APN on the (Italian) carrier website and write it in the Manjaro / Phosh beta2-20201119 OS, Manjaro / Plasma201122 and Ubuntu Touch settings page.

The message is always the same (Manjaro / Plasma201122 and Ubuntu Touch):

"ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED",

and (Manjaro / Phosh beta2-20201119 OS):

"...
If the address is correct, here are three other things you can try:
Try again later.
Check your network connection;
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web".

On the other side, WI-FI, calls and SMS never gave me problem with the OOSS above.

No treads on this issue, I guess.

Any help?

Many thanks.
P-boot is just for fun/demo.

Install a full OS on the SD or EMMC to get full function of the phone.
Cheers!
(03-03-2021, 07:42 PM)MtnSk8 Wrote: P-boot is just for fun/demo.

Cheers!

Thanks MtnSk8,

unfortunately flashed a SD with CE KDE Plasma Mobile OS (just it) and I'm experiencing the same problem.

Tried with another SIM (different carrier), as well: nothing.

Besides, the first carrier has two APN and wanted to insert the second one but, tapping on Settings - Cellular Networks - Access Points, got:

Internet

Active (flagged so, but not modifiable)

Protocol: ip

Type: internet

APN: Ite.postemobile.it

Maybe, by terminal, it's possible to work on Access Point and Modem/SIM Cards settings, but I'm not so experienced to do that (what command lines?)...

Any help?
(03-07-2021, 12:50 PM)IMSAI8080 Wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks MtnSk8,

unfortunately flashed a SD with CE KDE Plasma Mobile OS (just it) and I'm experiencing the same problem.

Besides, the first carrier has two APN and wanted to insert the second one but, tapping on Settings - Cellular Networks - Access Points, got:

Internet

Maybe, by terminal, it's possible to work on Access Point and Modem/SIM Cards settings, but I'm not so experienced to do that (what command lines?)...

Any help?

On KDE Plasma it pulled an APN that I don't use (and I never worked out how to edit it) but it works after I issue the command: [ sudo ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns ]

I have to run that command after each boot.

I run mobian on the EMMC because everything just works, the modem manager and the network connections manager are super sweet!
(and side-note: I installed mobian ONCE)
I run KDE Plasma on the SD just to follow the progress and when I actually need to do something fire up mobian. Smile .
(I have to reflash KDE almost every time I want to use it because the file manager breaks or something similar.)
Anyway, try that command above and see if you can then ping 8.8.8.8 without wifi on (obviously). Big Grin  

Cheers!
(03-09-2021, 08:02 PM)MtnSk8 Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 12:50 PM)IMSAI8080 Wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks MtnSk8,

Internet

Any help?

On KDE Plasma it pulled an APN that I don't use (and I never worked out how to edit it) but it works after I issue the command: [ sudo ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns ]

I have to run that command after each boot.

I run mobian on the EMMC because everything just works, the modem manager and the network connections manager are super sweet!
(and side-note: I installed mobian ONCE)
I run KDE Plasma on the SD just to follow the progress and when I actually need to do something fire up mobian. Smile .
(I have to reflash KDE almost every time I want to use it because the file manager breaks or something similar.)
Anyway, try that command above and see if you can then ping 8.8.8.8 without wifi on (obviously). Big Grin  

Cheers!

Thanks so much, MtnSk8!
Definitely, KDE is too many problems for a daily use, even though extremely basic.
Just bought two SD: flashed the first with Phosh beta5 and everything in going fine (super sweet, as you said goes Mobian). That will be my choice, for now.
Will give the command you suggested a try, as soon as have some spare time.
And, fore sure, with the second SD, I'm going to give Mobian a try too: on this forum, it is highly appreciated... Smile

Ciao

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4G VoLTE calls confirmed working with carrier x dcinoz 15 11,285 03-09-2024, 11:38 PM
Last Post: dcinoz
  how to backup user data? Uturn 1 613 08-30-2023, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  New Zealand network providers mobile data Linux2thabone 3 3,174 08-05-2023, 06:17 AM
Last Post: SchizoPinePhone225
  Cellular Data, Mobian - "No WWAN Adapter Found" justneedsomedatathanks 3 4,122 05-25-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: justneedsomedatathanks
  MMS sending stopped working amindfv 2 1,154 01-16-2023, 09:44 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  cell data and MMS on AT+T prepaid ossands 2 1,367 10-13-2022, 07:28 AM
Last Post: ossands
  Instructions to get pinephone working on USA carrier omarcomputing 1 1,284 10-08-2022, 04:45 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  JumpDrive isn't working phytocube 2 1,684 06-05-2022, 03:22 PM
Last Post: phytocube
Question Mobile data suddenly gone epiii2 1 1,282 05-23-2022, 04:57 PM
Last Post: epiii2
  likely bug, volte does not work when operator side data blockage is activated zetabeta 1 1,217 05-21-2022, 03:03 PM
Last Post: zetabeta