PINE64
Data downloading not working with SIM - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: Data downloading not working with SIM (/showthread.php?tid=13304)

Data downloading not working with SIM - IMSAI8080 - 03-03-2021

Hello,

got a PP KDE CE and started using p-boot[url=https://xnux.eu/p-boot-demo/][/url] bootloader to compare OOSS.

Using my SIM, I'm experiencing trouble with data downloading Huh

Of course, searched for the right APN on the (Italian) carrier website and write it in the Manjaro / Phosh beta2-20201119 OS, Manjaro / Plasma201122 and Ubuntu Touch settings page.

The message is always the same (Manjaro / Plasma201122 and Ubuntu Touch):

"ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED",

and (Manjaro / Phosh beta2-20201119 OS):

"...
If the address is correct, here are three other things you can try:
Try again later.
Check your network connection;
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web".

On the other side, WI-FI, calls and SMS never gave me problem with the OOSS above.

No treads on this issue, I guess.

Any help?

Many thanks.

RE: Data downloading not working with SIM - MtnSk8 - 03-03-2021

P-boot is just for fun/demo.

Install a full OS on the SD or EMMC to get full function of the phone.
Cheers!

RE: Data downloading not working with SIM - IMSAI8080 - 03-07-2021

(03-03-2021, 07:42 PM)MtnSk8 Wrote: P-boot is just for fun/demo.

Cheers!

Thanks MtnSk8,

unfortunately flashed a SD with CE KDE Plasma Mobile OS (just it) and I'm experiencing the same problem.

Tried with another SIM (different carrier), as well: nothing.

Besides, the first carrier has two APN and wanted to insert the second one but, tapping on Settings - Cellular Networks - Access Points, got:

Internet

Active (flagged so, but not modifiable)

Protocol: ip

Type: internet

APN: Ite.postemobile.it

Maybe, by terminal, it's possible to work on Access Point and Modem/SIM Cards settings, but I'm not so experienced to do that (what command lines?)...

Any help?

RE: Data downloading not working with SIM - MtnSk8 - 03-09-2021

(03-07-2021, 12:50 PM)IMSAI8080 Wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks MtnSk8,

unfortunately flashed a SD with CE KDE Plasma Mobile OS (just it) and I'm experiencing the same problem.

Besides, the first carrier has two APN and wanted to insert the second one but, tapping on Settings - Cellular Networks - Access Points, got:

Internet

Maybe, by terminal, it's possible to work on Access Point and Modem/SIM Cards settings, but I'm not so experienced to do that (what command lines?)...

Any help?

On KDE Plasma it pulled an APN that I don't use (and I never worked out how to edit it) but it works after I issue the command: [ sudo ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns ]

I have to run that command after each boot.

I run mobian on the EMMC because everything just works, the modem manager and the network connections manager are super sweet!
(and side-note: I installed mobian ONCE)
I run KDE Plasma on the SD just to follow the progress and when I actually need to do something fire up mobian. Smile .
(I have to reflash KDE almost every time I want to use it because the file manager breaks or something similar.)
Anyway, try that command above and see if you can then ping 8.8.8.8 without wifi on (obviously). Big Grin  

Cheers!

RE: Data downloading not working with SIM - IMSAI8080 - 03-15-2021

(03-09-2021, 08:02 PM)MtnSk8 Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 12:50 PM)IMSAI8080 Wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks MtnSk8,

Internet

Any help?

On KDE Plasma it pulled an APN that I don't use (and I never worked out how to edit it) but it works after I issue the command: [ sudo ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns ]

I have to run that command after each boot.

I run mobian on the EMMC because everything just works, the modem manager and the network connections manager are super sweet!
(and side-note: I installed mobian ONCE)
I run KDE Plasma on the SD just to follow the progress and when I actually need to do something fire up mobian. Smile .
(I have to reflash KDE almost every time I want to use it because the file manager breaks or something similar.)
Anyway, try that command above and see if you can then ping 8.8.8.8 without wifi on (obviously). Big Grin  

Cheers!

Thanks so much, MtnSk8!
Definitely, KDE is too many problems for a daily use, even though extremely basic.
Just bought two SD: flashed the first with Phosh beta5 and everything in going fine (super sweet, as you said goes Mobian). That will be my choice, for now.
Will give the command you suggested a try, as soon as have some spare time.
And, fore sure, with the second SD, I'm going to give Mobian a try too: on this forum, it is highly appreciated... Smile

Ciao