Anyone having issues with the forum?
Sorry for posting this here, however, I had an issue tonight trying to reset my password - not sure why it wasn't allowing my to login. When I sent a password reset, it never showed up, I checked my SPAM folder, and it's not there as well.

So I created a new account, and now that account, which points to a different gmail account is not getting the verification email. Yet the forum is reporting that I'm verified. I trying to PM and email the forum team, and get an error that I'm not allowed to use this feature.

My "original" account is dgdimick
However, I'm locked out of it.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Denis
(01-29-2021, 11:43 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: You're not the first person to report this happening.

@Arwen , @evilbunny , @tophneal  ?

Well, now it works.. Stupid computers.. I never did get a reset email.
SMH
Well the only way I can post is through taptalk on my tablet. The password I thought I used is not working and the reset email never comes. Strange. At least I was able to get what ever I set the password set to to work on taptalk
Seems like you're seeing the same issue.

Maybe you need to just create a new account?
I never had account / login issues, but I do notice a bit of weirdness (guessing JavaScript) in the editing box with cursor jumping around, and also extra spaces getting inserted into my post (no matter how many times I delete them).
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(02-13-2021, 04:13 AM)dgdimick Wrote: Seems like you're seeing the same issue.

Maybe you need to just create a new account?

I was finally able to reset my password
(02-13-2021, 01:11 PM)TRS-80 Wrote: I never had account / login issues, but I do notice a bit of weirdness (guessing JavaScript) in the editing box with cursor jumping around, and also extra spaces getting inserted into my post (no matter how many times I delete them).
WOW, Trash-80, GREAT computer, learned BASIC on it back in 82'

Ended up getting a C-64, used it all they way into 86' or so.

To answer your Open Source Software question, Open Source Software allow a large number of people to work on the software, people that probably wouldn't be able to devote full-time work to the software, as well as will modify the software to have functions that a marketing department may not see the value of.

To give an example, and I'm going to simplify it greatly, back in the late 80's early 90's some guy in Finland didn't have the money to purchase a copy of Miniux, so he figured, "I'm a smart guy, why not make my own version", then it was, this is a lot of work, maybe I can get some other folks to help me out. Fast forward to today, and you have Linux, an Open Source Operating System.

I'm not going to go into what and OS is, other then to say, there are a LOT of extra applications that need to be written as "add-ons" that make an OS what it is, even a simple thing like "ping" is an application that needed to be written.

One HUGE advantage of Open Source is you get a LOT of people looking at the code, and finding and FIXING errors in the code, as well as SECURITY issues, AND FIXING THEM - a Closed Source OS, like MS Windows, only has a few people looking for bugs, security issues, as well as fixing them. An unknown security issues is what allows Bad People, to do Bad Things to your computer.

Sorry if this is a VERY Simplistic explanation, however, you asked a VERY complex question - It's a Damn good question, so pat yourself on the back for asking it.
(02-13-2021, 01:11 PM)TRS-80 Wrote: I never had account / login issues, but I do notice a bit of weirdness (guessing JavaScript) in the editing box with cursor jumping around, and also extra spaces getting inserted into my post (no matter how many times I delete them).

Damn, dude, just realized I answered your tag line...
(02-14-2021, 05:33 PM)dgdimick Wrote: Damn, dude, just realized I answered your tag line...

I was like, what is this guy on about?   Big Grin  After reading this, it all makes sense now.  Big Grin

We are going offtopic, but I guess you could say I have been convinced by rms why I think we should talk about "Free/Libre Software" instead of "Open Source" even though the latter term seem to be used much more often nowadays.  Well, they are "just words" after all, but as the legacy corporate media propagandists know very well, using different words can convey very different meanings...  Wink

Why Open Source misses the point of Free Software
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(02-16-2021, 01:29 PM)TRS-80 Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 05:33 PM)dgdimick Wrote: Damn, dude, just realized I answered your tag line...

I was like, what is this guy on about?   Big Grin  After reading this, it all makes sense now.  Big Grin

We are going offtopic, but I guess you could say I have been convinced by rms why I think we should talk about "Free/Libre Software" instead of "Open Source" even though the latter term seem to be used much more often nowadays.  Well, they are "just words" after all, but as the legacy corporate media propagandists know very well, using different words can convey very different meanings...  Wink

Why Open Source misses the point of Free Software

Cheers,
TRS-80

RMS, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

I'm going to assume you've been in the Linux game almost as long as I have been, not many people know RMS.

The way I see the whole "pine thing" is the same way as the early Linux years. Great things ahead for all of us getting into this as early as we are.

Denis

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Recommendations for Pine64 support? backwoodstech2 0 277 02-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: backwoodstech2
  star64 bootable images, u-boot, sbi, forum? hexdump 2 1,335 12-06-2023, 09:47 PM
Last Post: faultyforelimb
  RSS feed for the forum power46 1 724 08-01-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: ericssonmere
  Why are you using MyBB for this forum? notramo 6 3,498 05-24-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Change the forum's software to Discourse Liz_34 11 3,213 01-25-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Own sub for PineBuds Pro to this forum Liz_34 0 768 01-12-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Liz_34
  Issues with PinePower Desktop superkamiguru 0 732 10-24-2022, 07:43 AM
Last Post: superkamiguru
  PinePower 120W Screen Issues t-3 3 1,730 09-26-2022, 05:14 PM