PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread.
(01-30-2021, 03:37 PM)Shatur Wrote: I see that KDE CE phones went back due to battery problem. But my phone is still in customs. And DHL claims that customs clearance was stopped by Pine64 (the same battery problem). Has anyone encountered the same problem?
DHL sent them back to Pine64 to have a larger lithium battery enclosed warning label put on them. They didn't like the size of the label this time for some reason. I would imagine they will be sending them out again soon. The original (first) post has been updated to let people know.
(01-30-2021, 04:49 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 03:37 PM)Shatur Wrote: I see that KDE CE phones went back due to battery problem. But my phone is still in customs. And DHL claims that customs clearance was stopped by Pine64 (the same battery problem). Has anyone encountered the same problem?
DHL sent them back to Pine64 to have a larger lithium battery enclosed warning label put on them. They didn't like the size of the label this time for some reason. I would imagine they will be sending them out again soon. The original (first) post has been updated to let people know.
Yes, I know. But my phone is still in customs in my country. Is it okay? I thought the phone should have been sent back.
(01-30-2021, 05:26 PM)Shatur Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 04:49 PM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote:
Yes, I know. But my phone is still in customs in my country. Is it okay? I thought the phone should have been sent back.

Not all if them got sent back so you might get lucky. Wink
(01-30-2021, 09:36 AM)schlomie Wrote: Is it the same tracking # as before the return to sender?

I got a new tracking number.
Hello fellow PinePhone enthusiasts (It's my first post, so best to start with a greeting).

I got a new Waybill number and was requested by DHL to pay for the import duty/tax and clearance fees again.
I already made the payment for the package which was returned to the shipper.

I tried to call DHL Canada and let them know the taxes have already been paid, unfortunately they are closed for the weekend.

I did the second best thing and just filled an inquiry form on DHL website to let them know about this, just patiently awaiting for their response.

Anything else I should do on my part?

Should I make the second payment and ask a refund for the first one? Should I contact Pine64 directly? Did this happen to others, and what did you do?

Thank you
Hm. Mine got sent back to Pine64, but I haven't received a new shipping notice or tracking number.
(01-31-2021, 04:27 AM)Outsider Wrote: I got a new Waybill number and was requested by DHL to pay for the import duty/tax and clearance fees again.
I already made the payment for the package which was returned to the shipper.

I tried to call DHL Canada and let them know the taxes have already been paid, unfortunately they are closed for the weekend.

I did the second best thing and just filled an inquiry form on DHL website to let them know about this, just patiently awaiting for their response.

Anything else I should do on my part?

Should I make the second payment and ask a refund for the first one? Should I contact Pine64 directly? Did this happen to others, and what did you do?

I think your best option is to call DHL when they are open and see what they suggest. For me, as soon as the package was said to be returning to the shipper, I requested for a refund right away.

I also paid for my Tax/Duties before it came. I had to request for the refund myself. Remember, this issue is not with Pine64, it is with DHL, it is also DHL's fault IMO for not locking the payment option when the return was requested back to the warehouse to replace the stickers.

IF you decide to request for a refund, you have two options. (1) You can either fill a refund of your online payment here: DHL | Refund Online Payment | English OR (2) you can call them, and ask to get transferred to the accounting department and request the refund that way. The regular customer service can't process the refund so make sure you reach out to their accounting department.

I opted for option (2) because I prefer confirming with a real person. I can also confirm that I got a refund on the first payment a few days after the request, and I also paid out the tax/duties charge for the second waybill number that I received.
(01-31-2021, 09:54 AM)Practice Wrote: I opted for option (2) because I prefer confirming with a real person. I can also confirm that I got a refund on the first payment a few days after the request, and I also paid out the tax/duties charge for the second waybill number that I received.

Thank you for your input, I'll call them when they open tomorrow.
I am surprised that everything went so smoothly after the whole battery thing. I received the phone about two days after the shipping notice and it arrived without any damages. After ordering I didn't hear anything from Pine64 until two days before the phone got here. Guess I am just lucky.
My tracking updated on Friday that it was sitting in Hebron, KY.  So guessing it's bound for DHL and I'll have an update tomorrow - expecting it soon since it's only a few hours away.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,203 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 89,836 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 108,163 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,397 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,779 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,274 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,579 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 167,232 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 80,911 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,076 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo