Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread
(12-11-2020, 05:07 PM)ImmyChan Wrote: Just placed an order for a PinePhone Manjaro Convergence edition, can't wait to receive it. I know it's bad etiquette but I'm hyped and want to know if there's any potential ETA Big Grin ?

Other than what the store page said (mid to late January) not that I know of/have seen around.

Edit: Support got back to a request I made earlier, stated Manjaro editions will be picked up from Hong Kong on Monday 12.14 so yours could be in that shipment batch Smile
(12-05-2020, 09:07 AM)kat22 Wrote: Hi there, I've been supporting Open source since 2006. totally shifted to Linux.
was very happy to know about Pine64 and I placed an order[Order #155203] on  October 30, 2020.
Item was processed on 6th Nov... so far so good... however yesterday I was informed that the shipper has asked for return of package & item never left HonKong... the item was not shipped out of HongKong & has been returned to shipper(details/reason - Not mentioned)...
Kind of sad...
 its not the money or refun I am bothered about...
its my hopes of finally getting out of the clutches of Microsoft(I have more or less suceeded) and Google/android(still waiting)...

Hope I get a fresh shipment either manjaro or KDE(I am comfortable with most Linux Distors) instead of refund...

thanks... Keep up the good work...
regards
Update... Pine sales team confirmed problem in shipping due to some AWB issues... have been told to wait for 5days...
guess will have to wait... hoping to get the phone by New Year...
My Manjaro PinePhone is on its way via DHL apparently. I ordered in late November. Thought I would post so that anyone else in the mid-December dispatch can keep their eyes out for theirs. It's already moving through DHL's system, and they've given me an estimated delivery date (to Indiana, USA) of Thursday, December 17th. I got a text from DHL, an email from DHL, and an email from PINE64.

Very excited
(12-14-2020, 08:52 AM)darthdomo Wrote: My Manjaro PinePhone is on its way via DHL apparently. I ordered in late November. Thought I would post so that anyone else in the mid-December dispatch can keep their eyes out for theirs. It's already moving through DHL's system, and they've given me an estimated delivery date (to Indiana, USA) of Thursday, December 17th. I got a text from DHL, an email from DHL, and an email from PINE64.

Very excited
Be aware, delivery might actually take place 1 or 2 days before that.
Back when I ordered, it took a bit more than a month between order and delivery, but DHL ended up coming 1 day before the planned date.
I didn't have the money to pay customs in cash (only on my bank at the time), so I had to let them deliver 1 day later (which was on the planned date).
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(12-14-2020, 06:20 PM)ryo Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 08:52 AM)darthdomo Wrote: My Manjaro PinePhone is on its way via DHL apparently. I ordered in late November. Thought I would post so that anyone else in the mid-December dispatch can keep their eyes out for theirs. It's already moving through DHL's system, and they've given me an estimated delivery date (to Indiana, USA) of Thursday, December 17th. I got a text from DHL, an email from DHL, and an email from PINE64.

Very excited
Back when I ordered, it took a bit more than a month between order and delivery, but DHL ended up coming 1 day before the planned date.
I didn't have the money to pay customs in cash (only on my bank at the time), so I had to let them deliver 1 day later (which was on the planned date).
Are you aware of anyone in the US having to pay a customs fee? I only ask because several other americans in the thread have posted about getting theirs, and they haven't mentioned a US customs fee.

Regardless, I've set aside about $40 USD in cash for a worst case scenario, if for whatever reason they need me to pay a fee.
(12-15-2020, 06:52 AM)darthdomo Wrote:

Very excited
Are you aware of anyone in the US having to pay a customs fee? I only ask because several other americans in the thread have posted about getting theirs, and they haven't mentioned a US customs fee.

Regardless, I've set aside about $40 USD in cash for a worst case scenario, if for whatever reason they need me to pay a fee.

There is NO customs or tax fees for those in the US.
(12-15-2020, 06:52 AM)darthdomo Wrote:

Very excited

I have no idea.
I can only speak for Japan in this case, and I never had to pay any customs fee until now, so it really came as a surprise attack.

Customs were 2,200 yen by the way, so around 21 us dollar.
And probably the only reason I had to pay was because DHL let SAGAWA handle delivery, but communication still went through DHL, even though DHL exists here too.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
My Pinephone shipped on Monday and was delivered to Connecticut today.

Has anyone reported an issue where the device does not charge or turn on, even with the battery removed? I'm hoping maybe the phone shipped without an OS on the eMMC (doubtful, but at least that would be an easy fix). The only indication that the hardware even works is a flash of the camera LED when trying to power it on with the battery inserted. Otherwise, no charging indicator when plugged in and it does nothing with the battery removed and the power cable connected.
(12-16-2020, 06:08 PM)somone06278 Wrote: My Pinephone shipped on Monday and was delivered to Connecticut today.

Has anyone reported an issue where the device does not charge or turn on, even with the battery removed? I'm hoping maybe the phone shipped without an OS on the eMMC (doubtful, but at least that would be an easy fix). The only indication that the hardware even works is a flash of the camera LED when trying to power it on with the battery inserted. Otherwise, no charging indicator when plugged in and it does nothing with the battery removed and the power cable connected.

If anyone with a phone from the batch that shipped on 12/14 have the same problem, I can confirm the issue with my phone as described above was caused by no OS being present on the eMMC. When I inserted a microsd card with a bootable image the phone booted and charged correctly.
(12-16-2020, 06:08 PM)somone06278 Wrote: My Pinephone shipped on Monday and was delivered to Connecticut today.

Have you even slipped in a sd card with an OS image to check if it will even boot?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,204 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 89,841 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,779 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,275 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 167,235 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 80,912 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,076 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 176,807 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,932 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  December Community News Discussion Luke 2 7,521 01-19-2021, 04:48 PM