If you're ready to tinker - here is how to get the more features working right now
My problem seems to have solved itself. I switched "Auto download" from "Never" to "When on WiFi" and rebooted. When I ran System settings -> Update again, the phone downloaded version 4 automatically, which I installed. Then I could switch to the Development channel (which there was now only one of), and then install version 122.
As other have posted, the process doesn't work for me.

First problem is that I see two of each channel including two 'development' channels. I have tried both.

Second problem, I switch to 'Development', and nothing happens. Stays on 'Channel Settings' card. After waiting a few minutes, still nothing. Sometimes, the Settings app freezes here. Other times, I can go back to previous settings card. Either way, Settings always shows 'Stable'.

Third, switching between WiFi only and 'Any' update and rebooting a few times seems to have gotten the process started. I had to go back to Updates screen to see it downloading.

This may be just a lack of any informational message in the UI to say something like "New update downloading now" or something to that effect.

Just a quick edit to say I hope like I don't sound like I'm complaining. Thank you and team for all your hard work. I'm a QA person by profession, so I usually point out every issue. Can't help it.
(08-09-2020, 03:50 PM)Phillip Bell Wrote: As other have posted, the process doesn't work for me.

First problem is that I see two of each channel including two 'development' channels.  I have tried both.

Second problem, I switch to 'Development', and nothing happens.  Stays on 'Channel Settings' card.  After waiting a few minutes, still nothing.  Sometimes, the Settings app freezes here.  Other times, I can go back to previous settings card.  Either way, Settings always shows 'Stable'. 

Third, switching between WiFi only and 'Any' update and rebooting a few times seems to have gotten the process started.  I had to go back to Updates screen to see it downloading.

This may be just a lack of any informational message in the UI to say something like "New update downloading now" or something to that effect.

Just a quick edit to say I hope like I don't sound like I'm complaining.  Thank you and team for all your hard work. I'm a QA person by profession, so I usually point out every issue.  Can't help it.
The same thing happened to me at the beginning.
I just kept switching to Development, and then suddenly worked.
Try to update everything even if from stable. That might help fix bugs, including being able to switch to dev.
Be sure wifi is connected. Maybe it can't download updates?
I fail on the first step:

Code:
sudo mount -o rw,remount /

The result is the following:

mount: special device remount does not exist

Code:
uname -a

Linux ubuntu-phablet 5.6.0-pine64 #1 SMP Wed Aug 5 23:42:03 UTC 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
(08-09-2020, 10:51 PM)Phillip Bell Wrote: I fail on the first step:

Code:
sudo mount -o rw,remount /

The result is the following:

mount: special device remount does not exist
I suspect you had a space between the 'rw,' and 'remount' when you ran it, causing the error.
Yes, this was the problem. Removed the space and all is good. Thank you!
(06-14-2020, 06:14 AM)AddieDirects Wrote: Interestingly, I can't get my phone to change to the Dev channel. I'll select it, go out, it'll show that it's changed, but it never gives me the OTA update option, and on a reboot, is back on Stable.
I am having the save problem except mine always returns to  'Release Candidate".

I have made root rw but still the same problem, any suggestions?
(08-11-2020, 07:49 PM)Ino0 Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 06:14 AM)AddieDirects Wrote: Interestingly, I can't get my phone to change to the Dev channel. I'll select it, go out, it'll show that it's changed, but it never gives me the OTA update option, and on a reboot, is back on Stable.
I am having the save problem except mine always returns to  'Release Candidate".

I have made root rw but still the same problem, any suggestions?
Once you Change to Dev Channel, Did you go to check for update? That is how it normally switch by doing an update after Selecting Dev Channel.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nextcloud Account setup not working kelbot 3 6,512 04-21-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: lsitongia
  UBPorts Not Working Pinoideae 7 9,346 03-13-2021, 01:51 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  Pinephone 3G Bluetooth Working Pretty Well With Latest Mobian Updates rmcg 0 2,426 09-27-2020, 10:22 PM
Last Post: rmcg
Question Camera(s) not working? UNi 9 13,434 09-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Cree
  File transfer mode no longer working? Zweitaktmotor 0 2,040 08-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Zweitaktmotor
  Whats good and working: latest build. Cree 7 9,495 07-31-2020, 10:55 AM
Last Post: klick
  GPS working! But..... Cree 1 2,997 07-31-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Cree
  Cellular switch (sw1) causes wifi to stop working blihp 4 5,971 07-21-2020, 10:30 PM
Last Post: blihp
  How to get a camera working? lindertb 3 5,878 05-24-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Engineer
  Audio is not working DrewTechs 0 2,304 05-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Last Post: DrewTechs