Fedora + Phosh for PinePhone
(03-21-2020, 10:02 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 08:30 PM)njha Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 08:14 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I see software package downloads, but I do not see any complete OS downloads on the pages linked in your posts.  ?

Look under assets at the bottom of each release? Release 4 is the latest one, it's the file ending in .zst. Just flash that as per the instructions.

OK so I have it downloaded,

When I attempt to use Balena Etcher to flash it to an SD card,  Balena Etcher warns me this is NOT a bootable image ?

You have to extract it first. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4535...ng-tar-zst

Code:
$ tar -I zstd -xvf archive.tar.zst
*.*.* PinePhone BraveHeart edition w/ distro: Debian + Phosh // GuixOS, Debian, Arch // pocket linux enthusiast // washed up sysadmin *.*.*
I tried a few times "NO JOY"
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-23-2020, 01:08 AM)bcnaz Wrote: I tried a few times  "NO JOY"

in terminal i just copy and pasted, the command , dragged and dropped ,the file location, and it extracted to the same location. 
wallah !!!
I attempted to install software app that can compress/uncompress  the zst file,  but somewhere along the line it did not take.
There are other OSes that I can work with and try.
I will watch for this,  if they add files   " I can 'use'  I will try it again then".
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I had also a bit of problems with uncompress of this image. The developer should use another file compression instead of zst.
I also had issues decompressing and flashing the image to sdcard, but I managed to get it working:

1. Install and use zstd to decompress image:
Code:
zstd -d fedora-rawhide-aarch64-mobile-04.img.zst

2. Use balenaEtcher to flash image to sdcard

I tried using dd to flash the image multiple times, but the sd card wouldn't boot. I flashed using balenaEtcher, and it booted just fine. I'm not sure why, though. I usually use dd, and don't typically bother with graphical image burning software.
My first attempt to flash Fedora also failed. I then flashed it with the Fedora Media Writer tool, that worked very well.
Just a quick update- as you may have noticed, progress has been stalled for a few weeks.

That's because we're moving from...
- the custom COPR repository
- manually starting the kernel
- Megi's 5.6 kernel

To...
- the upstream Fedora 33 repository
- EFI boot (with GRUB! just like your desktop!)
- upstream 5.7 kernel with selected (still necessary) patches

Currently, almost all the packages we need are in Fedora 33, and I have a working kernel build. Once EFI is figured out, I should have another image uploaded.
(04-15-2020, 04:37 PM)njha Wrote: Just a quick update- as you may have noticed, progress has been stalled for a few weeks.

That's because we're moving from...
- the custom COPR repository
- manually starting the kernel
- Megi's 5.6 kernel

To...
- the upstream Fedora 33 repository
- EFI boot (with GRUB! just like your desktop!)
- upstream 5.7 kernel with selected (still necessary) patches

Currently, almost all the packages we need are in Fedora 33, and I have a working kernel build. Once EFI is figured out, I should have another image uploaded.
I look  forward to your next release,
but
I hope that will be an easier to work/flash download file ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Thanks for the work. Awesome, I use Fedora for all my systems and look forward to use it on the phone. I might start assisting in the future if my spare-time allows

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slarm64 on PinePhone [Unofficial Slackware ARM - 64 bit] acid andy 32 23,328 03-21-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: donchurch
Wink PINEPHONE not booting Touchwood 2 278 02-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Touchwood
  Slack on PinePhone Adam Seline 5 5,156 12-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Struggle to install LibreOffice on the PinePhone Peter Gamma 48 22,933 11-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Which word processor to choose for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 8 1,707 11-23-2023, 01:06 AM
  openSUSE for Pinephone Alefnode 75 99,926 11-17-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Using Signal on PinePhone in mid-2023? dante404 45 11,750 11-17-2023, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Genode- Sculpt OS for the PinePhone (non Linux) Surehand53 1 814 11-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Abiword as a office mobile word processor for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 11 1,836 10-24-2023, 08:57 AM
  What File Manager Options Are There For The Pinephone? pinephoneuser22 7 2,107 10-18-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: luppivega