debian+phosh running on PinePhone
The latest PostmarketOS phosh image seems to have functioning bluetooth support.
Does anyone know how to get it working on this debian image? Or if there's added support to the image releases?
(03-04-2020, 05:04 PM)a-wai Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 10:11 AM)nas Wrote: Edit: Success! Here's a download link if anyone else wants to give it a try  Smile
Cool, I'll give it a try very soon, thanks!

On the "good news" topic, I finally got voice calls working Smile
A bit of polishing  is needed before releasing a new image (mostly, automating the modem config, as well as changing the audio routing automatically when in a call), but you should get something during next week if all goes well!

Very good news! I tested the calls. It works but without audio. But a step forward. Did the audio worked for you? If yes what has to be activated or changed?
(03-05-2020, 02:56 AM)ivanB1975 Wrote: Very good news! I tested the calls. It works but without audio. But a step forward. Did the audio worked for you? If yes what has to be activated or changed?

Well, as I said:
(03-04-2020, 05:04 PM)a-wai Wrote: A bit of polishing  is needed before releasing a new image (...), but you should get something during next week if all goes well!
A few more days of patience, young padawan Wink
(03-05-2020, 08:27 AM)a-wai Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 02:56 AM)ivanB1975 Wrote: Very good news! I tested the calls. It works but without audio. But a step forward. Did the audio worked for you? If yes what has to be activated or changed?

Well, as I said:
(03-04-2020, 05:04 PM)a-wai Wrote: A bit of polishing  is needed before releasing a new image (...), but you should get something during next week if all goes well!
A few more days of patience, young padawan Wink

Ok, Just to know if I was missing something  Smile
As of this morning I'm able to ./build.sh with no dependency errors, but it just boots to shell. Bummer. Looking forward to a new pre-built image next week. Thanks again for all your hard work on this! Best "distro" for PP so far I think.
I requested a new account on the Debian wiki to be able to write about our findings, but so far no response. (Registrations are locked.) Anyone familiar with the wiki on Debian have suggestions as for how to update the ARM64 page?

I have installed Debphosh to eMMC and it's working great. This will be my daily driver.

I have one question about making pinephone stop trying to boot my empty SD card which I am trying to use as external storage. Debian only boots when there's no SD card since I flashed it to eMMC. Do I just need to edit /etc/fstab or something?
*.*.* PinePhone BraveHeart edition w/ distro: Debian + Phosh // GuixOS, Debian, Arch // pocket linux enthusiast // washed up sysadmin *.*.*
(03-04-2020, 05:04 PM)a-wai Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 10:11 AM)nas Wrote: Edit: Success! Here's a download link if anyone else wants to give it a try  Smile
Cool, I'll give it a try very soon, thanks!

On the "good news" topic, I finally got voice calls working Smile
A bit of polishing  is needed before releasing a new image (mostly, automating the modem config, as well as changing the audio routing automatically when in a call), but you should get something during next week if all goes well!
works but the screen sizing can use some work !
In landscape mode there is almost no visable screen.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Hi,

Really liking this, the list of working/non-working is out of date I think? I was able to connect my Nextcloud account btw and even add Calendar items to the Nextcloud account. I also installed the desktop Telegram account and got it to link to my account, They both need some scaling fixes however I have no idea how to do that, keep up the great work!

J
(03-09-2020, 02:39 AM)RMJ250 Wrote: Hi,

Really liking this, the list of working/non-working is out of date I think? I was able to connect my Nextcloud account btw and even add Calendar items to the Nextcloud account. I also installed the desktop Telegram account and got it to link to my account, They both need some scaling fixes however I have no idea how to do that, keep up the great work!

J

I just installed the 20200309 image. Not sure about previous images, but with this one you can add your Telegram account in the Chat app. I've added my Telegram and XMPP accounts there.
Sooo, yes, there's a new image released today Smile

And the big feature is of cource voice call support out of the box (no shell script tinkering needed).
A number of changes also occurred under the hood, so you will now be able to run firefox (but NOT firefox-esr) or Qt apps without needing to manually edit anything.
Package management has also been improved by using metapackages, so that system upgrades will be easier in the future.

I strongly recommend that you flash the new image (20200309) instead of upgrading with apt, as you won't benefit from all the improvements otherwise (let's hope this is the last time this will be required).

Other notable changes include:
- plymouth theme upgraded to a more "sober" one
- disabled touch events when the screen is blanked but not locked, so it won't launch applications while the phone is sitting in your pocket

Known issues:
- ModemManager acts weirdly if your SIM card needs PIN code verification, it is recommended to disable it for now
- headphone jack insertion is still not detected, you need to manually switch to the "Headphone" output in "Settings" -> "Sound"
- bluetooth and camera are still not usable, even though the low-level drivers seem to work
- a few voice calls issues: unable to mute the mic, headset mic not working, audio quality to be improved (if the hardware is capable of more)

I've used it as my daily driver over the last few days and am quite happy with the results so far Smile
There's still much to do (as always, any help will be appreciated), but from now on the improvements will be less visible, as we'll mostly focus on small improvements, fixing bugs and upstreaming as much as we can.

Enjoy! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,452 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,911 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,359 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,249 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,058 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,676 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion