Default OS update log
I have been using my Pinebook successfully since I got it,
including a nvme ssd for additional storage.

However since the latest update, Update 17/01/2020,
it now intermittently fails to boot. 

When you switch on, the activity light flashes briefly,
and the screen will activate briefly, but no splash screen
and then nothing.

Attaching the serial console it seems to failing with the nvme not available.

But every so often it will successfully boot without an issue.

I need to do some more investigation.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Regards.

Rod
I've received my PBP around beginning of January. I've updated system using update script and by 'apt upgrade', then updated keyboard/touchpad firmware - everything was up-to-date. When I started the Widevine update script, I'd first problems with WiFi connection. Third time's a charm, I've successfully downloaded around 1GB blob and the script was able to extract the plugin.
After the last update (17/01/2020), I thought it would fix the WiFi, but it hasn't.
WiFi keeps disconnecting when temperature goes over 50 degrees Celsius or when it is used extensively, e.g. downloading something bigger then tens of megabytes. Luckily Ethernet connection (using USB-C hub) is reliable and I can watch HBO Go even with CPU temperature over 70 degrees. I can live with battery percentage dropping with connected power supply when all cores of RK3399 chip working on full, but please do something with this WiFi driver.
I had also problems with Bluetooth audio (before 17/01/2020 update) - after a few seconds it's got disconnected and I wasn't able to restart bluetooth, but after last update I was able to use a bluetooth speaker (Creative Muvo Play) a little longer, but after stoping Audacious and starting VLC Bluetooth disconnected and again the only way to restart Bluetooth was restarting PBP itself. Second time I tried to pair second Muvo Play speaker with the first one (in this configuration they are stereo speakers) but during pairing with second speaker, the first have disconnected and I had to restart laptop again. After restart I connected to the speakers but they play for a few seconds (like before the last update), bluetooth hang itself and I had to restart the system again. I gave up with bluetooth audio for now, bluetooth mouse works great.
I was able to boot Manjaro ARM but only from a microSDHC card, it didn't boot (it has tried but failed) from a microSDXC card. Do PBP boot only from microSD cards smaller than 32GB? But overall it's better than I expected.
These are my first impressions with PBP.

Oh, and Tux in Extreme Tux Racer is kinda transparent Big Grin
How many people out there do not ahave a functional suspend/resume. It has never worked on my pro since I received it in November.
(01-30-2020, 02:07 PM)sjk Wrote: How many people out there do not ahave a functional suspend/resume. It has never worked on my pro since I received it in November.

I think it's a well known issue right now for all available distros.
Is there a way to manually check for an update? I'm not seeing any icon for checking for updates. Thanks.
sudo /usr/bin/mrfixit_update.sh
Today the updater installed V2.0.  Does anybody know what is improved or fixed in the new version?
Update 07/02/2020
*kernel update
*uboot update
*USB 3.0 is now bootable (!!!)
*PMIC GPIO fix
*Numerous other fixes and clean-ups
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

In addition to using /usr/bin/mrfixit_update.sh ,

what are the recommended repositories to use for apt update  ?

I have deb and deb-src for these
http://http.debian.net/debian  stretch non-free contrib main
http://security.debian.org/debian  stretch/updates non-free contrib main
http://http.debian.net/debian  stretch/updates non-free contrib main
those are the recommended/intended repositories.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,001 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 969 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 983 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,145 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,366 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,009 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Wont charge when powered off, and update question pineymousepad 7 5,725 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,337 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,507 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z
  Trackpad firmware update Luke 263 354,153 07-28-2021, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Luke