Locked out after update
I tried installing Libre Office Suite, which either upgraded or downgraded OS strings, I think downgraded?  Now, I am blocked from logging in. On setup, I NEVER made a password, as I didn't want... this! to happen!
Angry Angry Angry Angry
(09-11-2024, 06:16 PM)Shylocked Wrote: I tried installing Libre Office Suite, which either upgraded or downgraded OS strings, I think downgraded?  Now, I am blocked from logging in. On setup, I NEVER made a password, as I didn't want... this! to happen!
Angry Angry Angry Angry

I am fed up. A hard reset, again and again, which MIGHT work! One I am unclear how to do; one which would be necessary AGAIN should Intry to install ANYTHING! I am washing my hands of this company and returning the device, in its original packaging.
Fuck you all, pine64. I said I'm walking away from your company, inly for you cocksuckers to censor my reply to hide. Go.Rot.In.Hell.
First off, I understand you're upset about not being to log into the OS installed on your Pinebook. I think it's valid that anyone would be upset by this.

Second, no one on the board censored any of your posts. In order to help us volunteer moderators fight spam, new accounts require moderator approval for the first 3-5 posts on new accounts. This helps us keep the board from being flooded by spam/bot posts and keeping users seeking legitimate help from being drowned out by them. I will kindly ask you, though, that despite your valid anger, that you interact with the forum and its members with respect. Most of us are willing and happy to help resolve any issue.

Next, I believe your feelings are misdirected. Pine does not have any hand in the operating systems/software installed on their hardware. Pine only makes the hardware, other operating systems develop images and make them available for install on Pine devices.

Let's try to resolve the issue you're having. Is it safe to assume that your are using Manjaro on your PBP? Are you able to log into your user account from a TTY (Ctrl+Alt+F1,2,3,etc)? If you are able to login, are there any additional updates needing when running your package manager through the TTY.
I don't know what the original default password for Manjaru is, but have you tried that?

BTW, these are hobbyist machines, which require a little patience.

There are countless threads here explaining how to install different (or same) operating systems.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]

Everyone wants me to quit using NetBSD
(09-12-2024, 12:09 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: I don't know what the original default password for Manjaru is, but have you tried that?

IIRC the Manjaro img that ships on the PBP initially boots into a TUI setup where you set your own name, password, and root password. But previously, they have used manjaro/manjaro as the default for live imgs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 3,420 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 1,403 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 1,386 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,976 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,650 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,471 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Wont charge when powered off, and update question pineymousepad 7 6,990 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,610 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,966 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z
  Trackpad firmware update Luke 263 390,429 07-28-2021, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Luke