Pinebook Pro mouse
I was searching for a cheap and good wireless mouse for my PBP and also other ultrabook and so far found this as s best.

There are multiple colors, it is compact, cheap and rechargeable and quality is good for my needs. I ordered silver and matte black and both look very good.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32979401...4c4dC0WbGg

[Image: HTB1PzxkKMHqK1RjSZJnq6zNLpXac.jpg]
[Image: HTB11aXEKNjaK1RjSZKzq6xVwXXai.jpg]
I usually opt for Bluetooth mice for laptops... They can still be had pretty cheaply and I like them because it means I am less likely to run out of USB sockets (or loose the receiver).
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
Might just be me but I have a problem with Bluetooth mice on my Pinebook Pro - they only work once!

Connecting and pairing work easily and the mouse works perfectly but after a reboot or power off the mouse steadfastly refuses to work until I go through discovery and re-pairing again.

I don't think I've missed any steps but the Pinebook forgets every time!
I do not longer prefer BT mouse, because I have to pair it in every OS I boot. When I have more OS than one, it is a problem and very annoying. Also, hope to have more than one OS on PB Pro.
My current solution is to use a wireless keyboard and mouse with its dongle on a KVM.
I connect Raspberry Pi, PC laptop and Pinebook Pro to input #4 as required, with a standard USB cable and HDMI (via USB-C for PBP) and use the same mouse for everything.
(the other three inputs are to fixed devices)
(10-14-2019, 03:39 AM)neilman Wrote: Connecting and pairing work easily and the mouse works perfectly but after a reboot or power off the mouse steadfastly refuses to work until I go through discovery and re-pairing again.

That sounds rather like the MAC address is changing each reboot. Are you able to glance at the MAC address before and after a reboot? I haven't got my PBP yet to run tests but I think the following would do it.

Code:
sudo hcitool dev

(10-14-2019, 04:12 AM)Wizzard Wrote: I do not longer prefer BT mouse, because I have to pair it in every OS I boot. When I have more OS than one, it is a problem and very annoying. Also, hope to have more than one OS on PB Pro.

Good point. I'll probably be jumping OS a bit too, especially in the early days.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
(10-14-2019, 08:49 AM)danielt Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 03:39 AM)neilman Wrote: Connecting and pairing work easily and the mouse works perfectly but after a reboot or power off the mouse steadfastly refuses to work until I go through discovery and re-pairing again.

That sounds rather like the MAC address is changing each reboot. Are you able to glance at the MAC address before and after a reboot? I haven't got my PBP yet to run tests but I think the following would do it.

Code:
sudo hcitool dev

(10-14-2019, 04:12 AM)Wizzard Wrote: I do not longer prefer BT mouse, because I have to pair it in every OS I boot. When I have more OS than one, it is a problem and very annoying. Also, hope to have more than one OS on PB Pro.

Good point. I'll probably be jumping OS a bit too, especially in the early days.

I *think* I may have cracked the problem of not reconnecting...

Rebooted several times and your 'hcitool' gave the same MAC address every time.
Went to Bluetooth and devices and the mouse was listed and showed some data flow but the mouse cursor wouldn't move
Noticed a "gold star" which appears to mean "trusted device".
Clicked on it (from the trackpad) and the star appeared next to the mouse icon itself.
Now, although it takes a little longer after boot sign-in (almost 10 seconds) to become usable, the Bluetooth mouse is now remembered every time Smile
Wireless mice are more complicated and less reliable than wired mice.   Batteries need to be recharged and eventually fail.  So I plan on using the venerable Logitech B100 with my PBP.  They sell for less than $10 in U.S.
I also always used wired mouse with my desktop and also work computer, but now, when I have ultrabook, it is much more reliable to have some slim wireless mouse which can be easily recharged. I ordered 2 same mice also for my other computers Smile
Am I missing something here ?
You purchase an ultra portable small thin laptop,
Then you want to add a bunch of external devices to it ?
Isn't that what your home desktop is for ?
I use a 7-8 pound 17" Asus with quad speakers at home, and a 3-4 pound 15" Dell for travelling.
So the PBP will lighten that up a bit.
I have not fired up my old desktop in years. (Use a Samsung console to run my big screen TV)

OH Well to each, your own.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinebook Pro on Debian 12 Power Issue u974615 1 228 03-13-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Pinebook Pro Source for Trackpad Flex / Ribbon Cable rankharris 1 179 02-17-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: tllim
  HDMI or VGA From Pinebook Pro via Pinebook Pro Docking Deck? segaloco 0 151 02-13-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: segaloco
  Pinebook Pro charging issues tomekdev 1 519 01-05-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Replacement battery for PineBook Pro DrYak 3 940 11-07-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Pinebook Pro Revised Keyboard Firmware jackhumbert 73 126,965 09-13-2023, 03:43 AM
Last Post: k3dAR
  PineBook Pro dead ottahe 9 5,711 01-18-2023, 07:41 PM
Last Post: ottahe
  Pinebook Pro malfunctioned hardware samtux 10 4,101 12-27-2022, 03:31 PM
Last Post: samtux
  PineBook Pro revision 2.2: Wishlist for the hardware issue fixes dsimic 115 131,643 11-30-2022, 04:28 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Decent Pinebook Pro barrel PSU / Charger petaramesh 3 1,759 10-21-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: dachalife