PBP Coupon and Shipping Timeline
(07-27-2019, 03:04 PM)fire219 Wrote: You did miss the batch of 100, by a couple hours. It filled up in not much more than two minutes. The second batch still gets the 128GB upgrade.

Ha ha, I should have expected the first batch would go quickly, there's been so much positive buzz about this launch!

Thanks for setting my mind at ease, glad I will still be able to order and get the 128GB upgrade. I suppose if I'm lucky in a way, maybe any small issues discovered in the first batch will also be addressed in time for the second batch....?
(07-27-2019, 03:11 PM)yangmusa Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 03:04 PM)fire219 Wrote: You did miss the batch of 100, by a couple hours. It filled up in not much more than two minutes. The second batch still gets the 128GB upgrade.

I suppose if I'm lucky in a way, maybe any small issues discovered in the first batch will also be addressed in time for the second batch....?

If it's an issue which can be quickly fixed in production, maybe.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(07-25-2019, 04:09 PM)fire219 Wrote: I'm starting to see a lot of users starting to get worried about how they have not gotten their coupon yet.

It's not because we don't like you or that you were too late -- No one has gotten one yet! However, as of right now, everyone who has registered into the system will get one! As of about midnight UTC on the 26th, the first batch of coupons did go out!

The sales team is in UTC+8 -- When preorders opened, it was 8pm their time, and as of my typing this (10 hours later), it is 5am! When they get back to work, that is when you might be able to start expecting coupons.

As for the distribution of coupons, I'll lay it out for you:

First early batch is 100 units. About 10 of those are going to developers. That means about 90 will be available for pre-orders. Coupons will be sent to the first 90 users to registered into the system, starting tonight (in Europe and US time zones) and over the next 72 hours or so. Those units will ship in about 4 weeks from now. 

The second batch is much larger -- 1000 units, all dedicated to preorders. These coupons will start being sent out in a couple weeks and stretch out to about 6-7 weeks from now. Units ship about 8-10 weeks from now.

I hope this clears things up.
I for one am highly disappointed with this news as I did not read anywhere prior of this limitation for the first so called batch, my bet is come the next round it will be a free for all with both public and pre-sales having a go at the available units.  So much for being treated as an early adopter.
Okay, so I must have missed the first batch just for minutes. I was ready when countdown ended, but got a bit lost by finding my password. Got then the "you are qualified" message, but no confirmation email.

Tried then a second time where I got told that I was already qualified, so not worried anymore Smile
(07-27-2019, 05:26 PM)brwatters Wrote: my bet is come the next round it will be a free for all with both public and pre-sales having a go at the available units.  So much for being treated as an early adopter.

I don't believe so.  I'm pretty sure the second batch is still preorder, it's just not...the first batch.  The second batch still counts towards the 1100 128gb upgrade slots available.
Hello fire219 or Luke or other in the know MOD

Is there a time line for when the second(1000) is batch will be aiming to be delivered by given the coupons will go out in a couple of weeks. Basically would I get one delivered to the England by end of September, 1st week of Oct if I ordered as soon as I got my coupon? not sure how long shipping takes etc? On a long sabbatical from mid Oct so don't want it to get stuck in customs/ sent back.

Thanks in advance for the support
(07-29-2019, 08:27 AM)dreddit Wrote: Hello fire219 or Luke or other in the know MOD

Is there a time line for when the second(1000) is batch will be aiming to be delivered by given the coupons will go out in a couple of weeks. Basically would I get one delivered to the England by end of September, 1st week of Oct if I ordered as soon as I got my coupon? not sure how long shipping takes etc? On a long sabbatical  from mid Oct so don't want it to get stuck in customs/ sent back.

I'll answer you when I know for certain, but end of September/ start of October is pretty much what we aim for. Once the units are built they ship very fast - literally in a matter of a few days (usually takes DHL less than 7 days to deliver in Europe/ North America).
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-29-2019, 10:24 AM)Luke Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 08:27 AM)dreddit Wrote: Hello fire219 or Luke or other in the know MOD

Is there a time line for when the second(1000) is batch will be aiming to be delivered by given the coupons will go out in a couple of weeks. Basically would I get one delivered to the England by end of September, 1st week of Oct if I ordered as soon as I got my coupon? not sure how long shipping takes etc? On a long sabbatical  from mid Oct so don't want it to get stuck in customs/ sent back.

I'll answer you when I know for certain, but end of September/ start of October is pretty much what we aim for. Once the units are built they ship very fast - literally in a matter of a few days (usually takes DHL less than 7 days to deliver in Europe/ North America).

Thanks for the heads up Luke.
Darn looks like I missed the first batch of 100 Sad
(07-25-2019, 04:09 PM)fire219 Wrote: I'm starting to see a lot of users starting to get worried about how they have not gotten their coupon yet.

It's not because we don't like you or that you were too late -- No one has gotten one yet! However, as of right now, everyone who has registered into the system will get one! As of about midnight UTC on the 26th, the first batch of coupons did go out!

The sales team is in UTC+8 -- When preorders opened, it was 8pm their time, and as of my typing this (10 hours later), it is 5am! When they get back to work, that is when you might be able to start expecting coupons.

As for the distribution of coupons, I'll lay it out for you:

First early batch is 100 units. About 10 of those are going to developers. That means about 90 will be available for pre-orders. Coupons will be sent to the first 90 users to registered into the system, starting tonight (in Europe and US time zones) and over the next 72 hours or so. Those units will ship in about 4 weeks from now. 

The second batch is much larger -- 1000 units, all dedicated to preorders. These coupons will start being sent out in a couple weeks and stretch out to about 6-7 weeks from now. Units ship about 8-10 weeks from now.

I hope this clears things up.

Are the second 1000 coupons already spoken for? Is there anyway I can get a pinkbook pro pre-order still?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No shipping options available pre-ordering PBP? ramsey 2 3,094 04-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: ramsey
  Help! Pinebook Pro Shipping Dimensions jamesmustain 2 3,961 12-14-2020, 08:18 PM
Last Post: tllim
  For Sale, ANSI 64GB, shipping to US rossk 0 2,045 08-25-2020, 07:33 AM
Last Post: rossk
  trouble with shipping methods harakirisekaini 0 1,895 08-21-2020, 08:17 AM
Last Post: harakirisekaini
  PBP running shipping Manjaro won't wake from suspend fornio 2 4,383 07-21-2020, 07:04 AM
Last Post: vancheese
  Shipping time and cost estimates request janat08 1 3,047 05-16-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: janat08
  Looking to sell PBP ISO 128 eMMC for $150 + shipping luchtcm 1 3,463 05-11-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: luchtcm
  Shipping and virus concerns nabeel 3 4,733 03-21-2020, 02:34 PM
Last Post: craftkiller
  Is it possible to use another shipping method? rekesz 5 7,395 01-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Last Post: rekesz
  A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details Luke 221 221,091 01-20-2020, 09:50 PM
Last Post: greysuite