FOSDEM 19 Announcements Discussion
(03-18-2019, 12:17 PM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: blu - hope this answers your question, directly from the device tree:
Little Cores:
dynamic-power-coefficient = <100>;
capacity-dmips-mhz = <485>;
Big Cores:
dynamic-power-coefficient = <436>;
capacity-dmips-mhz = <1024>;

Thanks, MrFixit. These are the fresh rk3399 dynamic-power coefficients for the EAS, I presume. I was looking more toward some actual run stats now that a preliminary pbpro image is available.

A time/performance chart of some CPU/GPU/both-stressing workload (to your taste : ) of 'elapsed time' vs 'momentary performance' axes -- with or without thermal measurements over time (those really become redundant as power and/or thermal throttling would be apparent on the performance axis) -- that would indicate thermal/power behavior of the system for the given workload and power+thermal conditions of the system.

Say, if your pick was mp3 encoding (just a random pick), the corresponding chart would be:

Code:
bits/s
|                
|........     .... (<- some measured performance series here)
|
+----------------- time elapsed, minutes

Clearly such a chart can be time-consuming, but the more people get their hands on the image + hw, the cheaper the amortized effort will be ; )
Hi,
The project is very good and would be a perfect choice as a laptop from day to day.
I have two question:
You can send it by sending it other than DHL? DHL in Spain has a very high customs costs and therefore do not buy the previous versions, I can provide other shipping companies cheaper than DHL.
Another question, is Wi-Fi compatible with KALI Linux? I am a computer forensic and I would like to install utilities to make it my work laptop, I want to be autonomous, I am also interested in your phone.

Regards, Álvaro
(03-21-2019, 04:46 AM)Aluir Wrote: Hi,
The project is very good and would be a perfect choice as a laptop from day to day.
I have two question:
You can send it by sending it other than DHL? DHL in Spain has a very high customs costs and therefore do not buy the previous versions, I can provide other shipping companies cheaper than DHL.
Another question, is Wi-Fi compatible with KALI Linux? I am a computer forensic and I would like to install utilities to make it my work laptop, I want to be autonomous, I am also interested in your phone.

Regards, Álvaro

Hi Alvaro,

We have not decided on nor announced shipping options yet. In general, shipping of devices with batteries is tricky due to safety protocols, as a result our options are limited.

As for Kali, I don't see any reason why the WiFi wouldn't work (?) But first you'd have to have Kali devs interested in building an image for the Pinebook Pro Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(03-21-2019, 05:16 AM)Luke Wrote:
I have two question:

Regards, Álvaro

Hi Alvaro,

We have not decided on nor announced shipping options yet. In general, shipping of devices with batteries is tricky due to safety protocols, as a result our options are limited.

As for Kali, I don't see any reason why the WiFi wouldn't work (?) But first you'd have to have Kali devs interested in building an image for the Pinebook Pro Smile

Hi, Thanks for the quick response.

I understand the battery devices, if you need help to see which companies can send the devices I will be happy to help.

About kali linux, not all chips work properly with the distribution, I could investigate it on my own. 
I currently work with that distribution, being it's debian testing release I think the compatibility will be assured as I have seen with the image you have for linux mate, but I want make sure Smile

If people wanted, I could encourage me to help carry the pinebook pro works with kali linux.
(03-21-2019, 05:32 AM)Aluir Wrote:
I have two question:

Regards, Álvaro

Hi Alvaro,

I understand the battery devices, if you need help to see which companies can send the devices I will be happy to help.

About kali linux, not all chips work properly with the distribution, I could investigate it on my own. 
I currently work with that distribution, being it's debian testing release I think the compatibility will be assured as I have seen with the image you have for linux mate, but I want make sure Smile

If people wanted, I could encourage me to help carry the pinebook pro works with kali linux.

You are correct. I think that in terms of hardware compatibility, by the time the Pinebook Pro ships everything that's needed will be in the kernel.
As for Kali - I am sure that there are a lot of people who would like to see it on the Pinebook Pro.

(03-21-2019, 05:37 AM)Luke Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 05:32 AM)Aluir Wrote:
I have two question:

Regards, Álvaro

Hi Alvaro,

You are correct. I think that in terms of hardware compatibility, by the time the Pinebook Pro ships everything that's needed will be in the kernel.
As for Kali - I am sure that there are a lot of people who would like to see it on the Pinebook Pro.
I found that: https://github.com/offensive-security/ka...ld-scripts and this: https://docs.kali.org/category/kali-on-arm

These are the scripts for arm builds, i can study the way to port this for pinebook pro
Any details available on the Don't be evil development kits? Are any available for purchase or would it be better to pick up a Sopine bundle and turn my monitor sideways? I would love to poke around on a proper Linux phone that uses the mainline kernel. I started looking at UBports (and Halium and Mer) development but my Nexus 4 died and I'd rather not be bound by AOSP compatibility shenanigans.
(03-21-2019, 02:24 PM)retro486 Wrote: Any details available on the Don't be evil development kits? Are any available for purchase or would it be better to pick up a Sopine bundle and turn my monitor sideways? I would love to poke around on a proper Linux phone that uses the mainline kernel. I started looking at UBports (and Halium and Mer) development but my Nexus 4 died and I'd rather not be bound by AOSP compatibility shenanigans.

There is currently no word on whether the kits will be publicly available for sale. It may or may not happen. So if you're really dying to get started on the then I think that the LTS/ SOPine bundle may be the way to go ... at least for now.

Speaking about UBPorts, here is an image from Marius from UBPorts showing a Don't be Evil kit running mainline kernel with the new LCD.

[Image: o5nYa3o.jpg]

(03-21-2019, 02:46 PM)Luke Wrote: ...here is an image from Marius from UBPorts showing a Don't be Evil kit running mainline kernel with the new LCD...

AGAIN!
This speaking of evilness and mainlineness is funny because the quectel module uses ANDROID internally ! ! !
(03-21-2019, 06:55 PM)jack1 Wrote: AGAIN!
This speaking of evilness and mainlineness is funny because the quectel module uses ANDROID internally ! ! !

Can you please provide evidence of that? Searching for "quectel android" shows they have one module that advertises it runs Android (the SC-20), and that module is not the one this project will be using (the EC-25/EG-25).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  December Community News Discussion Luke 2 7,458 01-19-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  July Community Update discussion Luke 49 67,788 08-04-2020, 02:31 AM
Last Post: agD0i7rY
  February community update discussion Luke 0 3,374 02-15-2020, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Luke
  FOSDEM 2020 and New Hardware Luke 0 4,694 02-03-2020, 10:40 AM
  We'll be at FOSDEM 2020 Luke 6 12,433 02-03-2020, 02:20 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  January Community Update discussion Luke 10 15,346 01-17-2020, 09:56 AM
Last Post: ecs
  December Community Update discussion thread Luke 11 18,768 12-18-2019, 12:54 PM
Last Post: soupbowl
  RockPro64 and Pine H64 Discussion Thread Luke 85 149,616 02-13-2019, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Bullet64
Star FOSDEM 2019 Blog! Pinebook Pro, PinePhone Dev Kits and much more! Luke 1 172,639 02-11-2019, 04:40 PM
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 3 Feb @ 8PM tllim 8 14,652 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tllim