FOSDEM 19 Announcements Discussion
Thanks.

Quote:Not sure what you mean by 'free software' exactly ? - do you mean blob-free in this context ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1AKIl_2GM&gl=US

There are people to whom it is important to what extent a computer can start and run on free software.
I know there are devices like wifi card, gpu, vpu and others which may not run if no non free
software is installed. How well a computer runs on free software decides whether I am
going to get a computer.

About the computers you sell if not cumbersome for you, you should list what devices on the
computers require non free software.

What I want to know about the
Pine H64 Model B
is, is it able to run on free software? If not can the required non free parts of software
get reverse engineered?
Hello,

I couldn't run a search for 'ssd' so, could anyone put forward info about using an SSD in a Pinebook Pro?

Thank you,

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
(02-08-2019, 01:11 PM)vg8020 Wrote: Hello,

I couldn't run a search for 'ssd' so, could anyone put forward info about using an SSD in a Pinebook Pro?

Thank you,

There is a m2 interface (via PCIe) which you will be able to use for a NVMe drive using an adapter.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you provide a bit more insight about form factor? 22mm width and up to what lenght? 42mm, 60mm, 80mm, 120mm?

In regard to bus, PCI Express 3.0 4x bus, I assume? So no m.2 NVME slot; any suggestion for a PCI Express adapter or recommended specs?

I understand the BIOS supports booting from an NVMe SSD, please kindly confirm.

Thank you once more.

Regards,

(02-08-2019, 02:27 PM)vg8020 Wrote: Thank you for your feedback.

Could you provide a bit more insight about form factor? 22mm width and up to what lenght? 42mm, 60mm, 80mm, 120mm?

In regard to bus, PCI Express 3.0 4x bus, I assume? So no m.2 NVME slot; any suggestion for a PCI Express adapter or recommended specs?

I understand the BIOS supports booting from an NVMe SSD, please kindly confirm.

Thank you once more.

Regards,

Very good questions. I'll find out the NVMe size and let you (all) know. I'll edit the info into this post.

There will be an optional m.2 adapter that will be used for the NVMe drive; it won't be expensive, so don't worry. It will plug into the main PCB - see red circle on image. The actual drive will mount kind-of underneath left palm rest.

There is no BIOS - theres uboot. uboot can live on any bootable medium, including SPI. So yes, you could boot from NVMe SSD -- that said this, to my knowledge, is yet to be implemented (surely will by the time the PB Pro ships).
[Image: xi4uCEA.jpg]
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Just discovered Pine64 today and I'm super excited for the FOSDEM 19 announcements,

can't wait for the Pinephone & Pinebook pro!!

really looking forward to them, thank you so much for doing amazing work guys!
Pinebook Pro is looking great!
Been eyeing off the Pinebooks for ages and was just waiting for something a bit more powerful and usable. This looks like the ticket!

Great work team!

(Also great price)
(02-06-2019, 02:46 PM)chithanh Wrote: <...>
Can I get some clarification what is the maximum bandwidth/resolution for the internal panel?
I've just remembered the other way to figure out the maximum supported resolution, count the number of pins on the eDP connector. 30 pins is two lanes, 40 is four. Since you need four for UHD and it looks like we have 30 pins on the Pinebook Pro there's no UHD panel support.
Hi,

Seems I'm following a crowd of people who came here to congratulate Pine64 on the upcoming Pine Book Pro! It looks impressive and I'm quite excited by the prospect of such a device.  Also the community I find here, seems really good.

I originally joined the waiting list for the previous Pinebook but, when my invitation email arrived, I decided against it and didn't order.  With the Pine Book Pro, I see nothing to make me reconsider!

Did any more photos come out of Fosdem?  I'd like to see some more images.

Many thanks,
Bicko (in the UK).
What's the chance to get some different keyboard layouts? The main problem I have with the current pinebook is, that I'm used to the swiss-german layout. I can work with standard uk english keyboards, because it has the same key layout, just different marking on the keys. As long as you know where which key is it's fine. But the us layout is missing some important keys.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  December Community News Discussion Luke 2 7,458 01-19-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  July Community Update discussion Luke 49 67,778 08-04-2020, 02:31 AM
Last Post: agD0i7rY
  February community update discussion Luke 0 3,374 02-15-2020, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Luke
  FOSDEM 2020 and New Hardware Luke 0 4,693 02-03-2020, 10:40 AM
  We'll be at FOSDEM 2020 Luke 6 12,431 02-03-2020, 02:20 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  January Community Update discussion Luke 10 15,343 01-17-2020, 09:56 AM
Last Post: ecs
  December Community Update discussion thread Luke 11 18,759 12-18-2019, 12:54 PM
Last Post: soupbowl
  RockPro64 and Pine H64 Discussion Thread Luke 85 149,596 02-13-2019, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Bullet64
Star FOSDEM 2019 Blog! Pinebook Pro, PinePhone Dev Kits and much more! Luke 1 172,638 02-11-2019, 04:40 PM
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 3 Feb @ 8PM tllim 8 14,648 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tllim