Which OS will you be running on the Pinebook?
Linux
94.83%
Android
5.17%
58 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

BSP Linux woes, early adopter information and a poll
Bug 
EDIT: I have removed much of the original thread since it was becoming too messy and I wish to keep this post very clean so people get an idea of what are the outstanding issues are. 

Most issues have been resolved as of 05/05/17. Make sure to download an up-do-date image using the Installer.

Currently not working on Linux: 
  • HDMI out
  • Headphones autodetect (being tentatively worked on) Please use these scripts by k_mp
  • edit: microphone doesn't work - a fix is inbound
NB this is for the default settings which do not utilise drm and mali. 

Do report any new bugs below.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hello, in a few days I will go to some meetings and maybe a hackathon with the Pinebook 14 "and I am concerned about the failure of HDMI to do some presentation. Mini HDMI works on Android?

Thanks in advance, I expect a lot of Pinebook and Linux, and all the large community of developers of Pine64 / Linux
I don't know, but I think that it does work on android. There is a pre-release version of android for the Pinebook you can try.

(04-21-2017, 06:46 AM)Luke Wrote: Things that don’t work but will likely be solved soon (guestimate ~ beginning of May)
  • Hall Sensor

Clarification... Is the hall sensor for detecting whether the lid is shut or not? Or is it for something else?
(04-23-2017, 02:17 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 06:46 AM)Luke Wrote: Things that don’t work but will likely be solved soon (guestimate ~ beginning of May)
  • Hall Sensor

Clarification... Is the hall sensor for detecting whether the lid is shut or not? Or is it for something else?

Yes, I am pretty sure it senses the magnets in the lid (?). I am basing this assumption of this wikipedia article.

edit: yea, hall as switch is already in ayufan's git
edit 2: will have to confirm with ayufan before I cross it off the list

(04-23-2017, 02:17 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
  • Hall Sensor

detecting the lid close.
(04-23-2017, 07:46 AM)Luke Wrote: Yes, I am pretty sure it senses the magnets in the lid (?). I am basing this assumption of this wikipedia article.

Thanks Luke and TL Big Grin

Luke, could you add something to that effect where you mentioned in the OP? Didn't want to be rude and edit on you Wink

And yes, a hall effect sensor is a solid state sensor for detecting magnetic fields, as opposed to a reed switch or other sensor. That's why I was wondering if it was for the lid or something else.
The hal switch is not yet hooked to system, that is why it is not being used.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
Does the Pine book suffer from any of the boot up power issues that the Pine64+ boards seem to be having?

I'm about to solder on a barrel connector for the power supply to my Pine64+ 2GB board to try to ameliorate the issue with that board.
mitchmitchell,

No, it doesn't suffer from any boot up power issues (at least that I am aware). That said, with a proper PSU and a thick (22 or-so AWG) micro USB cable you shouldn't have any issues powering on your Pine either ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Information about new Pinebooks junker 1 3,951 09-16-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: tllim
  eMMC boot linux distros for Pinebook. frank-zappa 14 20,330 09-06-2019, 08:39 AM
Last Post: frank-zappa
  I need some summary information about hardware support by OS for a newbie tahf 10 13,156 01-25-2019, 10:01 AM
Last Post: tahf
  Poll: Which distro do you use for pinebook? erchache2000 2 5,010 09-12-2018, 12:36 AM
Last Post: Wizzard
Information Flood of basic linux questions skot 4 5,600 08-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
Information Linux image with DRM + Mali Luke 1 6,376 08-05-2017, 10:49 PM
Last Post: abrmx
  ayufan's Linux and Android builds Luke 0 3,509 04-30-2017, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Luke