Cases and Enclosure Question
A lot of you have asked regarding cases and enclosure information. 

a series of 2-3 case designs will be available in January for free download of the STL design files if you choose to print it yourself. 
however, cases will be available purchase as well after the Kickstarter end. 
You'll be able to add it on when we send the final survey. 

Thanks.
For the ones that are getting the enclosure included. Like the 4k media box. Will we have the choice between the 3 as well?
(12-14-2015, 09:38 PM)Danielhout Wrote: For the ones that are getting the enclosure included.  Like the 4k media box. Will we have the choice between the 3 as well?

Yes. You will haev a choice. right now, the Media box only has 1 design and playbox has 1 design. 

We are trying to make a design for both with and without the battery compartment as it does make it a little bigger. 

Stay in touch. 

-JJ
*** NOTE: The board dimensions are here if you want to jump-start on making your own DIY case:
Pine A64 dimensions ***

-PineTree
(12-15-2015, 12:03 AM)jj@pine64 Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 09:38 PM)Danielhout Wrote: For the ones that are getting the enclosure included.  Like the 4k media box. Will we have the choice between the 3 as well?

Yes. You will haev a choice. right now, the Media box only has 1 design and playbox has 1 design. 

We are trying to make a design for both with and without the battery compartment as it does make it a little bigger. 

Stay in touch. 

-JJ

I will be providing youtube video on my site going over the entire enclosure design and what you will need to build one both materials and tools. 

I love the design of the Pine64 enclosure so far but space is needed for most peoples projects. Taking it on the road needs a battery which you can buy from pine but you will need space for it, I also have though about when that battery gets low because my kids are watching movies off it or playing games in the backseat on long vacation drives. Which I have designed a few specific systems with cylinder re-chargable systems. 

I will also be going over later on my server system and its casing.
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

-Albert Einstein

-Anderal (Michael Eddy Larson)
(12-13-2015, 11:14 PM)jj@pine64 Wrote: A lot of you have asked regarding cases and enclosure information. 

a series of 2-3 case designs will be available in January for free download of the STL design files if you choose to print it yourself. 
however, cases will be available purchase as well after the Kickstarter end. 
You'll be able to add it on when we send the final survey. 

Thanks.

22Dec2015

Johnson,

It would be useful to have a bit more information about the Pine A64+ board dimensions.
In addition to the basic board outline dimensions (see http://wiki.pine64.org/images/7/74/Pine6...ension.JPG),
it would be useful to know something more about the mounting hole specifications. For example,
• MH-center-to-MH-center dimension (horizontal and vertical)
• board-edge-to-MH-center dimension (horizontal and vertical)
• mounting hole diameter (what size bolts)
• mounting hole keepout diameter (what size nuts and standoffs)
• mounting hole solder mask diameter

It looks like the mounting holes are plated-through-holes. There is an argument to be made for non-PTH mounting holes so that (1) threaded mounting hardware doesn't tear the PTH leaving little metal bits to short out the board and (2) relying on mounting PTH for grounding often leads to flaky behavior if the mounting hardware tears up the PTH. My preference would be for a non-PTH mounting hole, keepout applied to all layers (including internal ground plane), solder mask up to the mounting hole, and marking the keepout boundary on the silkscreen layer.

dsm
Thanks for posting that we will be able to purchase the enclosure once the KS ends. I was looking all over the KS page, trying to find where to purchase the box. Might you have an idea as to how much they are going to cost?

Thanks in advance.
...Semper Fidelis...
@jj

How will the cases accommodate the 'stretch goal' power button. I was simply planning on being able to attach a button to the case and run some wires to the appropriate GPIO to allow me to initiate a software shutdown. Will cased versions give easy access to this button?
Hi !!! 

Yesterday , I'm Order one Pine A64  Board..  The wait in March!   Tongue

Meanwhile today I made a wooden Birch enclosure to host it ...

[Image: il_fullxfull.902228024_59ck.jpg]

[Image: il_fullxfull.902228136_c2ln.jpg]

If you have wanted to have one, I can make you a wood case...

The price is over $ 15 including shipping charges by certified mail.... Big Grin

Thank's  !!
(01-12-2016, 10:05 AM)killor Wrote: Hi !!! 

Yesterday , I'm Order one Pine A64  Board..  The wait in March!   Tongue

Meanwhile today I made a wooden Birch enclosure to host it ...

[Image: il_fullxfull.902228024_59ck.jpg]

[Image: il_fullxfull.902228136_c2ln.jpg]

If you have wanted to have one, I can make you a wood case...

The price is over $ 15 including shipping charges by certified mail.... Big Grin

Thank's  !!

How about I shipped you one Pine A64 board and you ship me a case. This will help both of us. If this is interesting proposal, just PM me your shipping address.

P/S: There is some modification in Rev B board and we have not posted the information yet.

... TL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo C4 Labs Pine 64 Cases (Standard & LCD) Bluphire 95 161,999 11-02-2020, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
Video 7" LCD wooden framen enclosure for Pine64 *UPDATED WITH killor 12 19,482 10-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: tllim
Lightbulb Perfect ABS Plastic Server Enclosure from Radio Shack MarkHaysHarris777 14 33,583 09-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Last Post: stuartiannaylor
Rainbow (Cluster) Modified Playbox Enclosure Progress predominant 3 5,331 06-17-2017, 01:29 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Nostalgic enclosure VHS carlo318 4 7,381 03-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Last Post: carlo318
  How is the battery Supposed to be mounted in the PlayBox enclosure? dbarbee 2 5,589 02-12-2017, 10:17 PM
  Enclosure for flush-mounting the 7" touchscreen Learnincurve 9 12,745 02-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Bluphire
  Official C4 Labs LCD Enclosure *UPDATED WITH ASSEMBLY VIDEO* Bluphire 12 24,600 01-06-2017, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Tablet Enclosure Vachtra 11 19,602 12-20-2016, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Toriless
Rainbow PineA64 Home-Brew card-board Play Box for Android & LCD Enclosure MarkHaysHarris777 9 18,760 11-01-2016, 06:23 PM