Pine64 2gb first boot
Hi guys,

Since 3 days I've tried to boot for the first time my single board computer, but without reaching any successeful goal.
I've checked the power, I've tried two different chargers(one of those bought inside the kickstarter pack),
I've tried two different displays and different hdmi cables,
I've tried with and without ethernet cable plugged in,
I've tried 2 different SD cards, one of 32gb, SAMSUNG 10 Class, and another one of 64gb, Lexar 10 Class, but NOTHING.

I'm using an apple computer and my first question is related with the firmware image to download, I've tried to download and then to install in the cards Android 5.1.1 (dd rooted and without root), Remix 2.0, but none of those gave me any kind of vital signs.
Anyway the second doubt is related with the software to use on the OSX, is the ApplePi Baker sufficient?
I've tried to use the terminal with the DD command, but I didn't obtain anything.

The images downloaded are always around 600mb to 1.2gb, but once unzipped and extracted they become of 32gb or 64gb and something more, that they are larger than the room available, is it possible? Do i have to use them with ApplePi Baker with *.zip or *.img extension? Huh Huh

So please, help me.

Thank you so much in advance.
Regards
(07-17-2016, 10:46 AM)top3b Wrote: Hi guys,

Since 3 days I've tried to boot for the first time my single board computer, but without reaching any successeful goal.
I've checked the power, I've tried two different chargers(one of those bought inside the kickstarter pack),
I've tried two different displays and different hdmi cables,
I've tried with and without ethernet cable plugged in,
I've tried 2 different SD cards, one of 32gb, SAMSUNG 10 Class, and another one of 64gb, Lexar 10 Class, but NOTHING.

I'm using an apple computer and my first question is related with the firmware image to download, I've tried to download and then to install in the cards Android 5.1.1 (dd rooted and without root), Remix 2.0, but none of those gave me any kind of vital signs.
Anyway the second doubt is related with the software to use on the OSX, is the ApplePi Baker sufficient?
I've tried to use the terminal with the DD command, but I didn't obtain anything.

The images downloaded are always around 600mb to 1.2gb, but once unzipped and extracted they become of 32gb or 64gb and something more, that they are larger than the room available, is it possible? Do i have to use them with ApplePi Baker with *.zip or *.img extension? Huh Huh

So please, help me.

Thank you so much in advance.
Regards

Hi!

I take it you've read this thread?

Also, the Etcher software for Mac can apparently burn an image from a compressed (zipped) file, so no need even to unzip and extract. I have not tried this myself personally, as I don't have a Mac, but it's right at the end of that thread I linked. It also mentions the problem of OS images being larger than the storage space of the microSD card you are burning onto. 

Give that whole thread a read and see if that helps you get any closer to success.
tried, but nothing changed
You may have better luck working with us directly on the irc chat: (I use the hexchat client)
irc.pine64.xyz:6667 or ssl irc.pine64.xyz:6697

Make your your power supply is rated 5v @ 2.5A 2500ma. (this is important, chargers don't work)

I suspect this problem is directly related to the video monitor you are attempting to use. What specific monitor(s) have you tried? Also, are you using hdmi direct, or with an adapter ?

I look forward to seeing you are chat.

marcushh777
Problem solved, It was related with the display resolution, too low for the Pine64.
Thanx mates
Very good.

marcushh777
(07-19-2016, 03:18 AM)top3b Wrote: Problem solved, It was related with the display resolution, too low for the Pine64.
Thanx mates

I like to continue this thread, bc I have similar/same issues.

My first image (which was shipped) worked not with my display, with my Samsung TV I got only the start screan for about 40min.
Then I tried out several images with display and without display. nothing worked.
If I connect my display, the power led is blinking; with the TV it is lights the hole time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
(07-25-2016, 07:48 AM)martinheller82@hotmail.com Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 03:18 AM)top3b Wrote: Problem solved, It was related with the display resolution, too low for the Pine64.
Thanx mates

My first image (which was shipped) worked not with my display, with my Samsung TV I got only the start screan for about 40min.
Then I tried out several images with display and without display. nothing worked.
If I connect my display, the power led is blinking; with the TV it is lights the hole time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

What is the make and model of your display? Does it use HDMI, DVI, VGA? Or are you saying your display IS the Samsung TV? The way it is worded is slightly confusing, but I took it to mean that you have two separate displays - one is your Samsung TV, the other is an as-yet undescribed display. 

You got some results with your Samsung TV (I'm presuming that is HDMI), but it sounds like the image you were using may have hung during the unpacking process on the first boot. Sometimes simply rebooting brings you to the next stage.
(07-25-2016, 12:02 PM)Ghost Wrote:
Thanx mates

Any suggestions?

Thanks

What is the make and model of your display? Does it use HDMI, DVI, VGA? Or are you saying your display IS the Samsung TV? The way it is worded is slightly confusing, but I took it to mean that you have two separate displays - one is your Samsung TV, the other is an as-yet undescribed display. 

You got some results with your Samsung TV (I'm presuming that is HDMI), but it sounds like the image you were using may have hung during the unpacking process on the first boot. Sometimes simply rebooting brings you to the next stage.

Hi Ghost

Thanks for your reply. Sorry that I confused you.
My display is the "Touch Screen" (The PINE A64+ Box w/ Touch Screen) from Pine64. I tried out the android image which I found on thw wiki page.
Yes, I am using HDMI at the Samsung TV.

I can't 'reboot' the pine, bc I have overriden my sd card ;(
(07-26-2016, 12:22 AM)martinheller82@hotmail.com Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 12:02 PM)Ghost Wrote:
Thanx mates

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi Ghost

Thanks for your reply. Sorry that I confused you.
My display is the "Touch Screen" (The PINE A64+ Box w/ Touch Screen) from Pine64. I tried out the android image which I found on thw wiki page.
Yes, I am using HDMI at the Samsung TV.

I can't 'reboot' the pine, bc I have overriden my sd card ;(

Ok. So you know that there are Android images meant for a HDMI TV and a different one designed for use with the touchscreen?

What method are you using to burn the OS images?

Have you connected the touchscreen securely to both connectors on the Pine A64 board?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question External storage problem for pine64 Dani6102 4 1,619 08-22-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: gulshan212
  PINE A64 SBC: Clone of a functional 32GB SD card doesn't boot burningkrome 3 1,512 05-19-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  Pine A64 does only boot with Android 5.1 Dude 6 3,776 07-03-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Dude
  Pine64 as wireless audio device S265 3 3,160 04-07-2022, 10:39 PM
Last Post: S265
  Pine64(+) and manjaro dsychan 0 1,113 04-05-2022, 11:32 PM
Last Post: dsychan
  Pine A64+ vs LCD do not boot DDS 3 5,868 02-23-2021, 05:33 PM
Last Post: thedu
Thumbs Down Pine64 was a Useless Project pushpendrak 18 28,333 11-21-2020, 10:17 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 LCD rstcologne 0 3,091 09-22-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: rstcologne
  Pine64+ power button PaddyChan 0 2,743 09-14-2020, 09:55 AM
Last Post: PaddyChan
Exclamation Can't boot when SD card inserted kivox 5 7,923 03-15-2020, 06:00 AM
Last Post: kivox