New Phone Opening Issues
Hi,

recently received Pine64 Beta.  Went through the quick start guide which was fine until I got to this issue:

• If the phone is plugged on charge it works perfectly, the screen is visible and functional.
  • But, if the phone - even if fully charged - is not plugged in, the screen fades to black in about less than second.  Touch the screen it opens, but it's barely enough time to choose either a number for the pin code or to tap an app icon.  It's functional but it so fast as disappearing, that the area of the screen being tapped is 'hit and miss'.  If that makes sense.

I've checked the battery is in correct, and I've done a reset in hopes it was a glitch, but still happening.  Simply put - can't see the screen for more than a blink of an eye.  I've not put in a sim card nor changed the operating system since I can't really see the screen and the options to start using the phone.

Any help appreciated

thanks
Lulu
this seems familiar, vaguely.

try leaving it plugged in, entering the pin, and then go through the settings (maybe in a pull down menue from the top of the screen or a pull up menu from the bottom, or a menu/ widget you can click on) to find something for the screen time out. I'll bet they are different for when it's plugged in and when it's running from the battery (where its probably set to like 2sec).
sorry i'm not more exact in my explanation. I stopped using manjaro soon as i could.
hope that helps
(02-24-2023, 12:38 PM)_radv_ Wrote: this seems familiar, vaguely.

try leaving it plugged in, entering the pin, and then go through the settings (maybe in a pull down menue from the top of the screen or a pull up menu from the bottom, or a menu/ widget you can click on) to find something for the screen time out.  I'll bet they are different for when it's plugged in and when it's running from the battery (where its probably set to like 2sec).
sorry i'm not more exact in my explanation.  I stopped using manjaro soon as i could.
hope that helps

Thanks, it does make sense.  I'll give it a try.
Personally, I advise you to use another operating system, I had many problems with it as you can see:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=17745
(02-28-2023, 12:40 PM)anonymous Wrote: Personally, I advise you to use another operating system, I had many problems with it as you can see:

I had come to this conclusion.  I've got it sitting on my desk with a SD card on my to do list today.

Thank you!
(03-06-2023, 01:02 AM)LuluFrance Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 12:40 PM)anonymous Wrote: Personally, I advise you to use another operating system, I had many problems with it as you can see:

I had come to this conclusion.  I've got it sitting on my desk with a SD card on my to do list today.

Thank you!

You're welcome. I'm from France too. Don't hesitate to ask questions. I highly encourage you to install Tow-Boot and to pick a supported distribution. It's very straightforward. Maybe this helps:
https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=tow-boot

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for the "non-phone" OS wakyct 7 945 03-14-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  Writing apps/programs for pine phone katesfb 7 4,751 03-11-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Emelia525
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 794 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,946 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  Can the Pine Phone be serviced and updated remotely? profileyourcity 3 995 10-02-2023, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  UBports on pine phone? robb777 16 3,422 09-01-2023, 04:26 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  US Cell Phone Service Providers with prices and phone numbers - UPDATED jovval 0 680 07-01-2023, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jovval
  Loving my pine phone after about a year of not undata 0 656 05-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: undata
  New Pinephone is dead. eMMC, boot, hardware issues. Shane 4 1,347 05-10-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: fxc
  pine phone external speaker AnAbolitionist 9 3,212 02-08-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: robb777