Auto start application on Phosh login
How do you set up an application to run automatically when logging into Phosh? I don't see anything in Settings about auto-starting applications at login and don't see anything obvious under .local or .config.
(09-03-2022, 06:56 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: How do you set up an application to run automatically when logging into Phosh? I don't see anything in Settings about auto-starting applications at login and don't see anything obvious under .local or .config.

I assume that Phosh is launched by a specific systemd service, so you could write your own systemd service that launches your desired application, and set the Phosh-launching service as a dependency.
(09-03-2022, 06:56 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: How do you set up an application to run automatically when logging into Phosh? I don't see anything in Settings about auto-starting applications at login and don't see anything obvious under .local or .config.

Correct folder to place .desktop file is ~/.config/autostart/

Or install gnome tweaks but it will do excatly the same thing Smile

Good question. I noted that in /config I have a autostart folder with 0 items in it. On Ubuntu 22.04 we can use 'Startup Application Preferences' to add to auto start so I wonder for Mobian users if they can add this application through terminal? I tried on Arch and did not work.

Edit; Probably not much help but in Postmarket Plasma there is an autostart folder and an autostart-scripts folder in .config.
In the autostart folder is a file named .desktop that has a script of sorts in it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TESTED: Arch Plasma, Arch Phosh , Manjaro Phosh, Manjaro Plasma
Fedora, Mobian, Postmarket Plasma, Postmarket Phosh, Kali, SXMO.
(09-04-2022, 06:42 PM)Chief Wrote: Good question. I noted that in /config I have a autostart folder with 0 items in it. On Ubuntu 22.04 we can use 'Startup Application Preferences' to add to auto start so I wonder for Mobian users if they can add this application through terminal? I tried on Arch and did not work.

Edit; Probably not much help but in Postmarket Plasma there is an autostart folder and an autostart-scripts folder in .config.
In the autostart folder is a file named  .desktop that has a script of sorts in it.

If you want GUI install Gnome Tweaks - there is Startup application setup.

Or you can move any .desktop file to ~/.config/autostart/

Both will do the same - when you boot they will start applications inside ~/.config/autostart/
(09-05-2022, 08:13 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 06:42 PM)Chief Wrote: Good question. I noted that in /config I have a autostart folder with 0 items in it. On Ubuntu 22.04 we can use 'Startup Application Preferences' to add to auto start so I wonder for Mobian users if they can add this application through terminal? I tried on Arch and did not work.

In the autostart folder is a file named  .desktop that has a script of sorts in it.

If you want GUI install Gnome Tweaks - there is Startup application setup.

Or you can move any .desktop file to ~/.config/autostart/

Both will do the same - when you boot they will start applications inside ~/.config/autostart/
Right.. I see it and the silly thing is I have Arch Tweaks and Gnome Tweaks installed but I only installed Gnome tweaks for the window min/max buttons. I didn't even notice the startup App aspect - thanks.  Smile
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TESTED: Arch Plasma, Arch Phosh , Manjaro Phosh, Manjaro Plasma
Fedora, Mobian, Postmarket Plasma, Postmarket Phosh, Kali, SXMO.
Thanks, I'll give ~/.config/autostart a try. (The "autostart" directory is not there so will create it and see if it works.)
I have the same problem. Does the solution described here work?
(10-14-2023, 06:02 AM)Manieck71 Wrote: I have the same problem. Does the solution described here work?

Yes it does Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screen auto-rotation sensitivity mdk 0 213 12-26-2023, 06:08 AM
Last Post: mdk
  Errors when start the system kubussz 2 464 11-21-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: kubussz
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,213 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
Exclamation Impossible to login since the latest update anonymous 12 3,901 02-26-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,674 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion
  [Fixed] Phosh crashes frequently after latest updates arno_nuehm 20 8,333 10-14-2022, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Krafter
Exclamation Impossible to minimize a window with Phosh anonymous 7 3,181 08-18-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: dante404
  New SD card won't auto-mount, will only mount as read-only 3x5co 3 1,616 07-16-2022, 02:28 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Phosh 0.20 beta on mobian Anthony1224 1 1,568 06-11-2022, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Sad Chatty can no longer start since the last update anonymous 10 5,113 06-08-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Korac