Shipping Progress
Well at least your order has advanced to 'Processing' which I assume is one step up from 'Ready to Ship' which clearly does not mean what it says, otherwise goodness knows how many pledges would not have been 'stuck' at that status for so long.

I have a nasty feeling that this  project has gone 'off the rails' in respect of the allocation and despatch process, and that the team involve are just too embarrassed to even tell us the true situation now... if indeed they know it themselves!

Such a shame really, as it all started off so well! Sad
I've been rooting for these guys from the start, through all the initial issues, but the fact that since payments have been taken all communication seems to have ceased I'm starting to doubt I'll ever see my board Sad
(05-26-2016, 01:33 AM)Montala Wrote: Well at least your order has advanced to 'Processing' which I assume is one step up from 'Ready to Ship' which clearly does not mean what it says, otherwise goodness knows how many pledges would not have been 'stuck' at that status for so long.

I have a nasty feeling that this  project has gone 'off the rails' in respect of the allocation and despatch process, and that the team involve are just too embarrassed to even tell us the true situation now... if indeed they know it themselves!

I do not think you read it right. He was not a KS so processing is different than the KS ready to ship. But to hear that a preorder who just recently ordered got their order before KS, well I am now speechless.
(05-25-2016, 11:33 PM)hatman28 Wrote: I was very excited when I first found the Pine on the Internet. I researched it out, and decided I would give it a try. I placed my order on the 17th of February, knowing full well it would be May before I received it; NOT after according the email. I was okay with that and have been patiently waiting for my order. I also read every post about slow shipping and promised myself I would not follow suit, that it would come in due time and that was okay.

About three weeks ago, I was telling my co-worker about the pine, extolling the virtue of this startup, exclaiming all the possibilities. So, he gets excited and orders one. I informed him that he would need to be patient that he probably wouldn't receiving it until the end of June at this point, he was okay with that.

Tonight, I get to work and what do I get? My co-worker showing me an email that his pine has shipped. When I see this, I am excited because I know that if his shipped, mine shipped as well (same identical order placed months before his), but when I log in, what do I see? PROCESSING. This is starting to borderline on the absurd. I get that takes time but this would indicate chaos and complete lack of organization.

Maybe I should order a new Pine to get it fast Cool . (Backerkit status: Ready To Ship) What a shame the 2GB version is sold out.  Dodgy
(05-26-2016, 05:35 AM)Tikimaster Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 01:33 AM)Montala Wrote: Well at least your order has advanced to 'Processing' which I assume is one step up from 'Ready to Ship' which clearly does not mean what it says, otherwise goodness knows how many pledges would not have been 'stuck' at that status for so long.

I do not think you read it right. He was not a KS so processing is different than the KS ready to ship. But to hear that a preorder who just recently ordered got their order before KS, well I am now speechless.

If that is indeed the case it goes completely against what we were told in the last update, earlier this month, which clearly stated that: " It is our utmost priority to finish fulfilling Kickstarter Backers first, so anything ordered on the site will fulfill AFTER the Kickstarter backers have received their pledges. "

What on earth is going on here, as I am sure I am not the only one who is now starting to loose faith in this project!

Hopefully we will receive an update within the next day or so, with a full explanation of what is really going on.

OK, if someone has 'screwed up' at least I would expect them have the honesty to explain the current position to all the backers who have still not heard anything at all regarding the delivery of their pledge, which in many cases is now long overdue.
After reading these replies I am getting a bit concerned.  I backed the project on December 10th, backer # 5,672 for the Media Center edition.  I did the 2GB upgrade and added on the air mouse with keyboard when given the option and was charged for these on 5/9.  My status has been "Ready to Ship" for at least a week and a half now (I wasn't regularly checking it previously) with no movement.  I emailed the support email on Monday and got some automated response about high volume and it being 7-9 business days to hear a response.

Is there any way to get some kind of update?
Yeah, I emailed them yesterday via BackerKit and I got the same email about 7-9 business days. I imagine the high volume is people wanting to know when they will get their stuff. Possibly an update from the company to explain where they are at, how much they've got left to send, and even a time table like they did a few updates ago of when stuff will ship, that would probably cut back on the high volume of emails.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
Honestly, when I seen his email I thought that maybe they hit a new gear and all KS shipments had been fulfilled; that's obviously not the case. I feel jilted that his shipped and mine hasn't but I feel terrible about the fact that many backers still have no product and no resolution in sight.
Well hopefully we will get our boards before Christmas Smile

(05-26-2016, 11:27 PM)mFinnholm Wrote: Well hopefully we will get our boards before Christmas Smile

Mine been "Ready to ship" since 10 march, and I don´t think I got any add ons that SHOULD delay things
Backer #20,167 - KS funded 07 Jan 2016 - Backerkit funded 10 Mar 2016

STATUS -  Received 6 Jul 2016 - Shipped 24 Jun 2016
Ready To Ship clearly doesn't mean what it should do. My Pine64 has been showing as Ready To Ship for literally weeks now. The last update I had from them a month ago was "Your order will be in a batch that will begin shipping out in about 3-4 weeks", which of course doesn't mean anything. The batch will BEGIN to ship out? When will this batch FINISH shipping out? I have subsequently asked repeatedly if it is possible to cancel my order and receive a refund due to the unexpectedly long lead time, which is a question anyone from Pine has so far failed to respond to. You know the old saying about something seeming too good to be true... I should have just bought a Raspberry Pi and had done with it.
Backer #29,562 - KS funded 23 Jan 2016 - Backerkit funded 10 Mar 2016
STATUS - RECEIVED - STILL WAITING FOR MY TRACKING NUMBER THOUGH...  Undecided

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 2,964 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,680 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,066 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,013 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 7,953 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,183 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,664 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,302 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,211 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 11,889 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus