Shipping Progress
(05-24-2016, 03:26 PM)pine.tree Wrote: @nagmier,

The community isn't going to be top-notch quality in under a year. It's taken other forums many years to get to their current state- we are climbing steadily in numbers, and discussions are posted frequently. 

Operating systems are not "forgotten", the developers are actively working on them now, as we speak, the real issue is the lack of full disclosure of documentation from Allwinner. I'm no coding expert, but it must be quite difficult to develop a fully working operating system for something that we can't fully know the ins and outs of. That being said, there are plenty of operating systems right now that work pretty well. There are new bugs that arise, but they are being fixed.

I'm sorry you feel this way about the Pine64 community, if there's anything I can do to help you (when you receive your board), let us know and we (the forum) are glad to help.

The thing is there was a very strong growth to becoming a solid community. Some of the people here had strong hopes in developing the operating systems as you mentioned. However we also have other projects and well our time gets allocated for said projects. 

I myself have set aside several projects based on updates as limited as they have been and very false in the information. It is very hard to establish a strong community when we can not get solid information from the developers. So it is discouraging to know this now and makes you wonder if I were to develop said OS would I be able to get information from the developers for updates or next version. 

Up until the last update deadline past I was still very hopeful but I have been down this road before and there is a lot that needs to change to strengthen a community that is breaking due to lack and false information.
Where does one find their backer number??? I am looking at the email I received on 12/11/2015 when I became a backer and there's no number listed as to what backer # I was. I am supposed to receive the following:

$29 REWARD

The PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM (March 2016) You will get the PINE64+ unit, which comes with the 1.2Ghz board and 2GB SDRAM. The updated unit has a gigabit ethernet port, 3.5MM Audio/Mic jack, 4K HDMI, and 2 USB ports. PINE A64+ includes touchpanel, camera, and LCD Port accessibility. (No wifi/bluetooth - we will offer a list of compatible wifi/bluetooth modules you can use to connect later) Ships March 2016 (5000 units shipping monthly thereafter)

and the following add-ons:

Wifi 802.11BGN/ Bluetooth 4.0 Module
Qty: 1 x $9.99

PINE64 PlayBox Enclosure
Qty: 1 x $8.49

PINE64 Acrylic Open Enclosure
Qty: 1 x $7.49

PINE A64+ 2GB - PA642GBWIFI
Qty: 2 x $39.99

7" LCD Touch Screen Panel
Qty: 1 x $28.49

8000mAH 3.7V Lithium Polymer Battery *USA ONLY
Qty: 1 x $20.49

My credit card was charged on 1/23 for my initial backing and 3/10 for the add-ons.  I have yet to receive even an email regarding anything shipping.
@jtgiroux : you'll find your backer number on the KS website, check your profile for the projects you've backed, click the one you want to check and then scroll down to the bottom.

My card was charged on approximately the same dates as yours but I haven't received any shipping notifications either, nor have they replied to my emails.
Backer #16374 - KS funded January 23rd 2016 - Backerkit funded on March 10th 2016 - BOARD RECEIVED ON JUNE 29th - BACKERKIT ORDER FULFILLED ON SEPT 8th
(05-24-2016, 05:34 PM)jtgiroux Wrote: Where does one find their backer number??? I am looking at the email I received on 12/11/2015 when I became a backer and there's no number listed as to what backer # I was. I am supposed to receive the following:

$29 REWARD

The PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM (March 2016) You will get the PINE64+ unit, which comes with the 1.2Ghz board and 2GB SDRAM. The updated unit has a gigabit ethernet port, 3.5MM Audio/Mic jack, 4K HDMI, and 2 USB ports. PINE A64+ includes touchpanel, camera, and LCD Port accessibility. (No wifi/bluetooth - we will offer a list of compatible wifi/bluetooth modules you can use to connect later) Ships March 2016 (5000 units shipping monthly thereafter)

and the following add-ons:

Wifi 802.11BGN/ Bluetooth 4.0 Module
Qty: 1 x $9.99

PINE64 PlayBox Enclosure
Qty: 1 x $8.49

PINE64 Acrylic Open Enclosure
Qty: 1 x $7.49

PINE A64+ 2GB - PA642GBWIFI
Qty: 2 x $39.99

7" LCD Touch Screen Panel
Qty: 1 x $28.49

8000mAH 3.7V Lithium Polymer Battery *USA ONLY
Qty: 1 x $20.49

My credit card was charged on 1/23 for my initial backing and 3/10 for the add-ons.  I have yet to receive even an email regarding anything shipping.

Same boat as you.. i'm backer 5,700 and I still nothing... no email and no tracking number.

1x IoT kit,
2x PINE64/2GB (one with WIFI/BT, one of those is the pledge)
2x 7" Touch LCD screen
2x HD Camera

Finding it hard that the pre-orders are about to ship when the KS one aren't finished yet Sad
Keep in mind that your backer rewards are probably already shipped out- I did not get an email notifying me of shipment at all, and by BackerKit page updated with the tracking number after it had arrived in the USPS distribution shipping center at JFK. Pre-orders are getting ready to ship, but Kickstarter pledges will be sent out fully (to our best ability) before preorders ship. 

I'm not on the fulfillment team, so i can't say for sure. My experience was that it took 10 days for my tracking number to appear on my BackerKit review page, even with no email.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
(05-24-2016, 11:55 PM)bonterra Wrote: @jtgiroux : you'll find your backer number on the KS website, check your profile for the projects you've backed, click the one you want to check and then scroll down to the bottom.

My card was charged on approximately the same dates as yours but I haven't received any shipping notifications either, nor have they replied to my emails.

Just checked and I'm backer #876, Charged on 02/27 for my holiday Pine and I still haven't gotten anything.... freaking Z-Wave module Sad
For the record, full order:
Holiday Pine 1GB
Pine 2GB
Z Wave Module
(2) power supplies
(05-24-2016, 03:07 PM)Montala Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 01:27 PM)g_t_j Wrote: Just to update that my order was delivered this morning. All intact, nothing missing despite it was a quite big one (4 boards, 3 acryl cases, an air mouse and a few other accessories).

Next step to do some testing that everything works as it is supposed to.

You are one of the lucky ones!  Wink

Out of interest, did you receive an email, or any other pre shipping notification?

Yes. I got an email with tracking info 8 days before the delivery date(yesterday).
(05-25-2016, 07:43 AM)kaiser Wrote: Just checked and I'm backer #876, Charged on 02/27 for my holiday Pine and I still haven't gotten anything.... freaking Z-Wave module Sad
For the record, full order:
Holiday Pine 1GB
Pine 2GB
Z Wave Module
(2) power supplies

Don't beat yourself up too bad about the Z-Wave. I'm backer 1341 and all I ordered was a 2GB board, an acrylic case, and a blank SD card.

Still "Ready to Ship" here as well. Was told it will go out in June.
So I haven't been through every post on this thread, but most of what I'm seeing is people not getting anything. I'm in a different boat. I originally pledged for the 1GB board, then after the campaign, added on a second board as the media kit, along with a power supply, acrylic case, HDMI cable, SD card, and WiFi module for my first board. I received my 1GB board, with WiFi module early April, but none of my other add-ons. If I look at BackerKit, it says my rewards have shipped, and the tracking number shown is still for the first portion of my order that I already received. No other info on the remaining stuff.

I finally emailed the company May 3rd about the remaining items, and was told on May 6th they would ship out within 2 weeks. But I haven't heard anything since then, have no tracking numbers to check, and BackerKit still shows as shipped, as it has since early April. I am hoping the rest of my items don't get forgotten, as I'm shown as rewards have already shipped. I was backer #5864.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
I was very excited when I first found the Pine on the Internet. I researched it out, and decided I would give it a try. I placed my order on the 17th of February, knowing full well it would be May before I received it; NOT after according the email. I was okay with that and have been patiently waiting for my order. I also read every post about slow shipping and promised myself I would not follow suit, that it would come in due time and that was okay.

About three weeks ago, I was telling my co-worker about the pine, extolling the virtue of this startup, exclaiming all the possibilities. So, he gets excited and orders one. I informed him that he would need to be patient that he probably wouldn't receiving it until the end of June at this point, he was okay with that.

Tonight, I get to work and what do I get? My co-worker showing me an email that his pine has shipped. When I see this, I am excited because I know that if his shipped, mine shipped as well (same identical order placed months before his), but when I log in, what do I see? PROCESSING. This is starting to borderline on the absurd. I get that takes time but this would indicate chaos and complete lack of organization.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 2,964 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,680 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,068 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,013 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 7,956 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,189 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,665 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,303 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,211 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 11,889 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus