Battery life: Maybe really a hardware issue?
I also haven't noticed a significant discharge when having the phone turned off over night. It has around the same percentage at boot as it had when turning it off.

Edit: @KNERD has this happened only once or can you reliably reproduce the discharging when turned off? It did happen to me (very rarely, I can only remember one time) that the phone crashed during the night and discharged the battery completely (0%, no automatic shut down). Maybe this can also happen at shutdown so one would think the phone is turned off while it actually crashed and is still draining the battery. Very unlikely, but maybe a possible explanation if it only happened once.
Checked it again this morning, no significant loss, battery at 93%, the 1% down being attributable to 2 bootups. So I'd say in my case it was definitely the battery going bad on me.
(09-10-2021, 12:29 AM)kqlnut Wrote: I also haven't noticed a significant discharge when having the phone turned off over night. It has around the same percentage at boot as it had when turning it off.

Edit: @KNERD has this happened only once or can you reliably reproduce the discharging when turned off? It did happen to me (very rarely, I can only remember one time) that the phone crashed during the night and discharged the battery completely (0%, no automatic shut down). Maybe this can also happen at shutdown so one would think the phone is turned off while it actually crashed and is still draining the battery. Very unlikely, but maybe a possible explanation if it only happened once.

Every time I have shut ti down, the battery continues to drain.

Who do we complain to?
Perhaps it is a hardware issue with your device ?

When I read your post I turned on one of my test phones, it has been turned off and sitting for almost 2 weeks.

I do not remember how much charge it had when I turned it off, But it now shows 88% charge.

> That phone is a PMOS Convergent phone, with Phosh/Arch on an sd card. with the original Pine battery.

So while your phone may possibly have a hardware fault, I do not think it is a fault in the Pine phone design.

Or possibly a defective battery ?

Try charging to 100%, then remove the battery, then re-install after 24 hours and see what condition the battery is in then.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-17-2021, 02:17 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Perhaps it is a hardware issue with your device ?

When I read your post I turned on one of my test phones,    it has been turned off and sitting for almost 2 weeks.

I do not remember how much charge it had when I turned it off,  But it now shows 88% charge.

> That phone is a PMOS Convergent phone,  with Phosh/Arch on an sd card. with the original Pine battery.

So while your phone may possibly have a hardware fault,  I do not think it is a fault in the Pine phone design.

Try charging to 100%,  then remove the battery,  then re-install after 24 hours and see what condition the battery is in then.

If I have to remove the battery to do this test, then it sort of defeats the purpose of the power down feature. Then something is causing it to not completely power down.
(09-18-2021, 07:18 AM)patrickmollohan Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 09:23 PM)KNERD Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 02:17 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Perhaps it is a hardware issue with your device ?

When I read your post I turned on one of my test phones,    it has been turned off and sitting for almost 2 weeks.

I do not remember how much charge it had when I turned it off,  But it now shows 88% charge.

> That phone is a PMOS Convergent phone,  with Phosh/Arch on an sd card. with the original Pine battery.

So while your phone may possibly have a hardware fault,  I do not think it is a fault in the Pine phone design.

Try charging to 100%,  then remove the battery,  then re-install after 24 hours and see what condition the battery is in then.

If I have to remove the battery to do this test, then it sort of defeats the purpose of the power down feature. Then something is causing it to not completely power down.

Try to listen to what people are telling you. In order to help pinpoint the actual cause of your problem, you have to rule out a faulty battery. You are very dead set that this is a phone issue, and it might be, or it might not be, but the way you find out is by troubleshooting, not troubleblaming.

I have three batteries. Two of which have little use.
(09-19-2021, 05:52 AM)patrickmollohan Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 06:05 PM)KNERD Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 07:18 AM)patrickmollohan Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 09:23 PM)KNERD Wrote:

Try to listen to what people are telling you. In order to help pinpoint the actual cause of your problem, you have to rule out a faulty battery. You are very dead set that this is a phone issue, and it might be, or it might not be, but the way you find out is by troubleshooting, not troubleblaming.

I have three batteries. Two of which have little use.

Which means absolutely nothing if you don't actually test to make sure they are good.

I pulled the battery out after shutdown last night. Turned back on with the same amount power level. I would say this is an indication the modem is not getting shut down.
Modem is cut off from power when the phone is off. KIll switch also cuts all power to the modem.
my website: https://xnux.eu
(09-19-2021, 07:43 PM)megous Wrote: Modem is cut off from power when the phone is off. KIll switch also cuts all power to the modem.

I guess you did not read the previous posts were I , and others posted losing battery power while the phone has been shut down.
I did find that although I initially thought I had the same problem it turned out to be a dying aftermarket battery. Since replacing it the symptom has not returned.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rough estimate of expected microSD installation life? andrewp907 7 3,574 06-10-2023, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  volume down button issue sapphire 0 406 05-20-2023, 06:25 AM
Last Post: sapphire
  New Pinephone is dead. eMMC, boot, hardware issues. Shane 4 1,446 05-10-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Megi's Kernel and Battery Life biketool 3 2,119 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Canyonless
  UI crashes after unplugging USB device, seen on multiple OSes; is my hardware broken? slondr 1 953 11-05-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: slondr
Bug Pinephone Pro LTE issue DoesOkay 4 2,100 09-08-2022, 05:06 AM
Last Post: DoesOkay
  PinePhone Pro battery life Barugon 17 15,489 07-29-2022, 09:23 AM
Last Post: prog-amateur
  postmarketOS fixed battery issues Deadladyofclowntown 1 1,519 06-23-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
Sad How many other users recieved a phone with FAULTY HARDWARE? johnnykeys 16 13,007 06-22-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Unhappy with immature Hardware jojuma 1 1,469 04-18-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: zetabeta