Bricked phone after u-boot update
#5
Thank you @Boern , that worked.

Next time there's a u-boot update, should I do something different than what I did before? Last time I did a regular sudo apt update, checked the upgradable packages, and then sudo apt upgrade (since there were a lot of other packages needing to be upgraded as well). Afterwards, I ran sudo u-boot-install-pinephone. Should I have upgraded u-boot through this method (or the more specific one you recommended) first, and then done the sudo apt upgrade for the rest of the packages? Would like to avoid causing this problem again, thanks!


Messages In This Thread
RE: Bricked phone after u-boot update - by Boern - 08-04-2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Bricked phone after u-boot update - by DarkManiels - 08-07-2020, 11:05 AM
RE: Bricked phone after u-boot update - by Boern - 08-07-2020, 11:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No touch KB after update(forky) biketool 4 2,601 12-05-2025, 01:15 AM
Last Post: biketool
  trixie update poll questions suggestions j_s 5 3,094 10-22-2025, 07:14 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 14 20,549 12-04-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: vusra
  boot gets stuck shortly after disk decryption vortex 9 12,368 09-11-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: normangraves
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 10,985 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  How to check if tow-boot is installed? jojuma 3 5,272 09-29-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 2,479 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  4G data on default startup / boot dcinoz 1 3,159 04-29-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: dcinoz
  Wifi doesn't work after update nickolas 2 4,840 04-14-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 5,014 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)