Help - PineBook Pro won't boot!
#5
(11-19-2019, 03:03 PM)iMartyn Wrote: I feel this is a fairly major bug as many things can get in the way of a successful boot before switching root.  I'm glad I know how to use sed on a serial console (vim and serial consoles really don't mix lol) and I'm back up and running but wow... serial console only before the Open Sesame screen folks, if you don't get that screen, you gotta go serial!

I go through the same pain. A serial console cable should have been included with the Pinebook Pro by default :-).

This surprising behavior should have been better communicated in advance so I could and would have ordered a serial console cable together with my Pinebook Pro. My motivation for ordering a serial console cable as a separate order goes close to zero as I don't want to pay more for shipping than the actual product.


Messages In This Thread
RE: Help - PineBook Pro won't boot! - by iMartyn - 11-19-2019, 02:46 PM
RE: Help - PineBook Pro won't boot! - by iMartyn - 11-19-2019, 03:03 PM
RE: Help - PineBook Pro won't boot! - by Der Geist der Maschine - 11-20-2019, 12:24 PM
RE: Help - PineBook Pro won't boot! - by zaius - 11-20-2019, 05:50 PM
RE: Help - PineBook Pro won't boot! - by xalius - 11-19-2019, 03:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Pinebook Pro? tantamount 2 2,278 06-20-2026, 10:14 AM
Last Post: tantamount
  Pinebook pro bricked? michaelmoua 4 8,034 05-26-2026, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Anthona
Thumbs Up Finally got Kali working on my Pinebook Pro! qingss0 0 1,750 04-04-2026, 08:00 AM
Last Post: qingss0
  dead Pinebook - help please RicTor 3 3,325 03-26-2026, 04:22 PM
Last Post: williamcorlin
  Pinebook problem meghancordo 2 6,768 03-18-2026, 08:58 AM
Last Post: RicTor
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 5 10,629 02-09-2026, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Anthona
Sad What to can't boot from TF card, EMMC system broken - any advice?do guys? qingss0 1 2,100 12-18-2025, 01:05 AM
Last Post: qingss0
  Pinebook Pro for sale rfm83 0 1,933 11-08-2025, 09:22 AM
Last Post: rfm83
  Bonk to boot biketool 2 2,604 10-21-2025, 09:08 AM
Last Post: biketool
Question Full desktop Surfing and Absolute Privacy on the pinebook? Www 1 8,781 08-02-2025, 08:55 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)