Pinebook Pro: Is it an option for me?
#3
(10-19-2019, 04:30 AM)Kochise Wrote: Hi, you shouldn't overthinking it too much, it does the job it's purposed to. Not enough Linux distros ? Ain't a right one enough to run the computer ? x86 compatibility ? Then go for another x86 laptop.

That's exactly the question I'm at right now :-)
Off course I don't need the bazillion of distros available, but out of the ones I've seen for the PBP is none I'd expect to be a  a smooth ride. If there was an special ubuntu mate image (as there is for the Raspberry Pi)  

x86 compatibility is not what I'm looking for. As long as my applications work (haven't checked all yet) I'm fine regardless of the underlying architecture...

Not planning to overthink it though..
I take my time, wait for the next batch, read and listen to owners impressions and consider my needs. :-)


Messages In This Thread
RE: Pinebook Pro: Is it an option for me? - by Damage Inc. - 10-19-2019, 05:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated Pinebook Pro? tantamount 2 2,262 06-20-2026, 10:14 AM
Last Post: tantamount
  Pinebook pro bricked? michaelmoua 4 8,012 05-26-2026, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Anthona
Thumbs Up Finally got Kali working on my Pinebook Pro! qingss0 0 1,739 04-04-2026, 08:00 AM
Last Post: qingss0
  dead Pinebook - help please RicTor 3 3,309 03-26-2026, 04:22 PM
Last Post: williamcorlin
  Pinebook problem meghancordo 2 6,750 03-18-2026, 08:58 AM
Last Post: RicTor
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 5 10,608 02-09-2026, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Anthona
  Pinebook Pro for sale rfm83 0 1,924 11-08-2025, 09:22 AM
Last Post: rfm83
Question Full desktop Surfing and Absolute Privacy on the pinebook? Www 1 8,770 08-02-2025, 08:55 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
Question Printing and scanning documents with pinebook? Www 0 5,169 06-28-2025, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Www
  Use SD to install new OS over pinebook debian Rudy558 10 29,756 03-09-2025, 11:17 AM
Last Post: davisthomas

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)