Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020)
(06-25-2020, 07:18 PM)Luke Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 06:43 PM)Jazzband Wrote: Hey @Luke, what are you guys doing about all those faulty PBP's you shipped in the first two batches?

"All those faulty PBP's" is a really tendentious statement. There were more issues reported in the first PBP sub-batch that shipped, yes, but that hardly means that that many - let alone the majority of - PBPs are somehow flawed.
Answering your question, those who got a faulty unit are getting sorted out... as always.

@Luke Great, then it probably shouldn't take too long to sort out, right? Another couple of questions then:
I have a support ticket that is 18 days old and had no replies for the last 16 days. Why is it taking this long to sort it out?
Any estimates on when you guys are going to begin sorting it out?
30-day warranty on the PBP I got ends next week, is there a chance you'll sort it out by then?
For the sake of transparency, how many reports of faulty PBP's have you received so far?
How many of those reports have been resolved so far?
@Luke  - Is there anyone on support/sales team assisting buyers here?

I ordered a PinePhone (UBPorts) the day preorders opened.  I have been waiting patiently since then, knowing it would take time (monitoring twitter and these forums for routine updates).  However right now I'm seeing multiple posts and twitter feeds about people receiving their phone or at the least getting tracking numbers... and I've heard nothing.

I've emailed sales just to get a sense of what might be happening with my order and have heard nothing after about 5 days. (Not even an automated response)

At this point its getting hard not to question if I'm being scammed outright. Or if there's yet another major issue,  which no one wants to take 5 minutes to offer an update on. I understand this is a rather niche production run and (having assisted friends with product shipping) that things happen with logistics.  Still it would be nice to feel like some effort to address concerns or answer simple questions, from the actual sales/business side.

You seem to be the only person engaging here, so I'm hoping for even a little new to gauge how I should be approaching the situation.
(06-25-2020, 07:49 PM)Jazzband Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 07:18 PM)Luke Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 06:43 PM)Jazzband Wrote: Hey @Luke, what are you guys doing about all those faulty PBP's you shipped in the first two batches?

"All those faulty PBP's" is a really tendentious statement. There were more issues reported in the first PBP sub-batch that shipped, yes, but that hardly means that that many - let alone the majority of - PBPs are somehow flawed.
Answering your question, those who got a faulty unit are getting sorted out... as always.

@Luke Great, then it probably shouldn't take too long to sort out, right? Another couple of questions then:
I have a support ticket that is 18 days old and had no replies for the last 16 days. Why is it taking this long to sort it out?
Any estimates on when you guys are going to begin sorting it out?
30-day warranty on the PBP I got ends next week, is there a chance you'll sort it out by then?
For the sake of transparency, how many reports of faulty PBP's have you received so far?
How many of those reports have been resolved so far?

I have no insight into the support system so I do not have answers for you. Obtaining these answers would require me polling support - and I have no intention of doing that while they're under heavy workload.
If it truly matters to you and others, then I'll be happy to share the numbers when everything is done and dusted; my impression is that there were 2-3x more issues reported by users in the first sub-batch than usually.

Why is it taking this long to sort out issues? - because of a small number of staff dealing with huge shipping volume.
Don't worry about the 30 day warranty - we nearly always help people many months after purchase, the warranty length is dictated by other things entirely.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(06-25-2020, 11:25 PM)thegenregeek Wrote: @Luke  - Is there anyone on support/sales team assisting buyers here?

I ordered a PinePhone (UBPorts) the day preorders opened.  I have been waiting patiently since then, knowing it would take time (monitoring twitter and these forums for routine updates).  However right now I'm seeing multiple posts and twitter feeds about people receiving their phone or at the least getting tracking numbers... and I've heard nothing.

I've emailed sales just to get a sense of what might be happening with my order and have heard nothing after about 5 days. (Not even an automated response)

At this point its getting hard not to question if I'm being scammed outright. Or if there's yet another major issue,  which no one wants to take 5 minutes to offer an update on. I understand this is a rather niche production run and (having assisted friends with product shipping) that things happen with logistics.  Still it would be nice to feel like some effort to address concerns or answer simple questions, from the actual sales/business side.

You seem to be the only person engaging here, so I'm hoping for even a little new to gauge how I should be approaching the situation.

I am trying to get a sense of your situation: have you upgraded you Asendia shipping to DHL and not received a shipment or confirmation?
As for issues, everything is public knowledge and I fail to see why you'd think otherwise. The only issues we have are with shipping with Asendia (to be more precise - Asendia has issues which we found ourselves in).
Again, we're in the process of working out additional shipping options and solutions, and once these become confirmed I'll announce them (hopefully by Monday).
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hi,
I ordered a pinephone on the 28th of April with pinephone shipping, then updated to DHL on the 10th of June. I then got an email on the 17th of June saying my address falls in a remote are and I would pay extra shipping cost. Over several emails I organised a different address within Melbourne (I'm in Australia) and have confirmation that the address has been updated but have not had a DHL shipping notice.

My question is have I missed the first DHL upgrade shipping window and does that mean that it will be shipped in the second upgrade batch, if so when is this expected? I have notice that the ascendia Australia shipments are about to start

Cheers Brad
(06-26-2020, 04:59 AM)bradley.jarvis Wrote: Hi,
I ordered a pinephone on the 28th of April with pinephone shipping, then updated to DHL on the 10th of June. I then got an email on the 17th of June saying my address falls in a remote are and I would pay extra shipping cost. Over several emails I organised a different address within Melbourne (I'm in Australia) and have confirmation that the address has been updated but have not had a DHL shipping notice.

My question is have I missed the first DHL upgrade shipping window and does that mean that it will be shipped in the second upgrade batch, if so when is this expected? I have notice that the ascendia Australia shipments are about to start

Cheers Brad

I don't think you missed the first batch of shipping upgrades. My orders (of the PinePhone and shipping upgrade) follow the same timeline, and my phone is en route via DHL as we speak.
I want to point to people that this isn't a scam. To even suggest that is absurd.
Pinebook Pro - 06.17.2020 Manjaro ARM i3 20.06
(06-23-2020, 04:37 AM)MamlinAV Wrote: @stepnoy_volk
I wrote email to sales@pine64.org with same  question about week ago. That what they answered:

Quote:DHL doesn't provide service of package to Russia. We don't have any information when will have. We believe Asendia will resume service soon when the flights resume service schedule like pre-covid-19.

Thank you!

Regards,
Pine64 team

I don't think this is correct, because DHL works very fine in Russia. DHL also delivers packages to Russia from other countries without any problems.

@Luke, any comments, please?

From pass Pinebook experience and also advise from shipping company, it is not wise to ship computer related device using DHL due to more than 50% that the shipment will be rejected by Russia custom and cause another $100 to return back the shipment to us. For Russia, shipping team strictly limited to EMS Post service only.
(06-23-2020, 08:31 PM)elfcat4 Wrote: i upgraded from fedex to DHL for 30$.
this brings the total price for shipping to 69$.
is there a chance to get a refund for the fedex
shipping (39$)  ?

In general, logistic team figure out and make the refund the different before asking. However, if you still not yet receive refund, please contact sales.
(06-25-2020, 06:01 PM)tiago Wrote: Hey @Luke, do you know something about asendia for my pinephone, or is that too early? I dont know, should i upgrade to dhl? I ordered late april, for my birthday in may ? and read the updates everyday, i hope that goes fast, the corona get killd and we play and develope some funny things on our pinephones? thanks for the good job, tiago

There are very few shipping companies taking battery operated device within EMS Post system, Asendia and Singapore Post (used by Aliexpress) are two that willing to take such shipment. Both post halt their shipment during pandemic time and now gradually open and the opening speed much slower than original indicated. Up till today, Asendia Post only open up French, Swiss, Australia and Brazil. We have probed Singapore Post and they are not willing to accept our shipment request.

Another complicate issue is Hong Kong government close their border between China, original opening date was June 7 and already postponed to July 7. This made our shipping staff not able access to Hong Kong warehouse and they need to figure out the way to deliver shipment from factory, cross border (custom declaration and check), transit point and then deliver to either DHL or Asendia. This method can only work in bulk shipment arrangement and also a lot of shipment work preparation.

Shipping team e very week probe Asendia when they can accept more countries shipment and even Asendia folks also cannot provide a firm answer. Shipping team relentlessly figure out the shipping method and they just find a shipping way for US shipment that using special dock to dock arrangement, but this method needs enough shipment volume (looks like US shipping quantity fits this requirement) and only apply to US. If this arrangement can be arranged, shipping team will deploy out all PinePhone US shipment on Monday. For other countries, shipping team still check with Asendia and keep explore on other alternate path. Once Asendia resume the shipment service for more countries, for sure the shipment will go out immediately.

Nobody knows that this Pandemic create such major disruption and create a lot of uncertainty and difficulty. Frankly speaking, the PinePhone already ready at factory and shipping team prefer to ship out all at once just like normal day.

There are two major factors that still make the shipping life difficult, 1) hopefully Hong Kong reopen their border on July 7 and no further postpone, 2) Asendia reopen back more countries shipment.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,303 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,653 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,162 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,691 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,186 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,811 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,803 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,641 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,672 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad