Auto start application on Phosh login
How do you set up an application to run automatically when logging into Phosh? I don't see anything in Settings about auto-starting applications at login and don't see anything obvious under .local or .config.
(09-03-2022, 06:56 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: How do you set up an application to run automatically when logging into Phosh? I don't see anything in Settings about auto-starting applications at login and don't see anything obvious under .local or .config.

I assume that Phosh is launched by a specific systemd service, so you could write your own systemd service that launches your desired application, and set the Phosh-launching service as a dependency.
(09-03-2022, 06:56 PM)Zebulon Walton Wrote: How do you set up an application to run automatically when logging into Phosh? I don't see anything in Settings about auto-starting applications at login and don't see anything obvious under .local or .config.

Correct folder to place .desktop file is ~/.config/autostart/

Or install gnome tweaks but it will do excatly the same thing Smile

Good question. I noted that in /config I have a autostart folder with 0 items in it. On Ubuntu 22.04 we can use 'Startup Application Preferences' to add to auto start so I wonder for Mobian users if they can add this application through terminal? I tried on Arch and did not work.

Edit; Probably not much help but in Postmarket Plasma there is an autostart folder and an autostart-scripts folder in .config.
In the autostart folder is a file named .desktop that has a script of sorts in it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TESTED: Arch Plasma, Arch Phosh , Manjaro Phosh, Manjaro Plasma
Fedora, Mobian, Postmarket Plasma, Postmarket Phosh, Kali, SXMO.
(09-04-2022, 06:42 PM)Chief Wrote: Good question. I noted that in /config I have a autostart folder with 0 items in it. On Ubuntu 22.04 we can use 'Startup Application Preferences' to add to auto start so I wonder for Mobian users if they can add this application through terminal? I tried on Arch and did not work.

Edit; Probably not much help but in Postmarket Plasma there is an autostart folder and an autostart-scripts folder in .config.
In the autostart folder is a file named  .desktop that has a script of sorts in it.

If you want GUI install Gnome Tweaks - there is Startup application setup.

Or you can move any .desktop file to ~/.config/autostart/

Both will do the same - when you boot they will start applications inside ~/.config/autostart/
(09-05-2022, 08:13 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 06:42 PM)Chief Wrote: Good question. I noted that in /config I have a autostart folder with 0 items in it. On Ubuntu 22.04 we can use 'Startup Application Preferences' to add to auto start so I wonder for Mobian users if they can add this application through terminal? I tried on Arch and did not work.

In the autostart folder is a file named  .desktop that has a script of sorts in it.

If you want GUI install Gnome Tweaks - there is Startup application setup.

Or you can move any .desktop file to ~/.config/autostart/

Both will do the same - when you boot they will start applications inside ~/.config/autostart/
Right.. I see it and the silly thing is I have Arch Tweaks and Gnome Tweaks installed but I only installed Gnome tweaks for the window min/max buttons. I didn't even notice the startup App aspect - thanks.  Smile
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TESTED: Arch Plasma, Arch Phosh , Manjaro Phosh, Manjaro Plasma
Fedora, Mobian, Postmarket Plasma, Postmarket Phosh, Kali, SXMO.
Thanks, I'll give ~/.config/autostart a try. (The "autostart" directory is not there so will create it and see if it works.)
I have the same problem. Does the solution described here work?
(10-14-2023, 06:02 AM)Manieck71 Wrote: I have the same problem. Does the solution described here work?

Yes it does Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to do automatic login or shorten the login number amosbatto 1 1,007 1 hour ago
Last Post: Haddoud
  Screen auto-rotation sensitivity mdk 0 279 12-26-2023, 06:08 AM
Last Post: mdk
  Errors when start the system kubussz 2 589 11-21-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: kubussz
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,333 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
Exclamation Impossible to login since the latest update anonymous 12 4,304 02-26-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,819 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion
  [Fixed] Phosh crashes frequently after latest updates arno_nuehm 20 8,931 10-14-2022, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Krafter
Exclamation Impossible to minimize a window with Phosh anonymous 7 3,450 08-18-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: dante404
  New SD card won't auto-mount, will only mount as read-only 3x5co 3 1,749 07-16-2022, 02:28 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Phosh 0.20 beta on mobian Anthony1224 1 1,645 06-11-2022, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton